PDA

View Full Version : Ati X800 xl/ F.E.A.R. problems

chew*
09-30-2005, 04:53 AM
Anyone else having problems playing fear on an x800xl? My problem consists of basically vpu recover kicking in hard my screen goes blank and my monitor shuts off after a couple rounds of deathmatch....... All other games appear to play fine. The card is running extremely hot though. Its a BB ati card. I might also mention i get no real video lag but the sound usually goes kaput right before it happens kinda like stuck in a loop of the last guy i fragged.

Noxious020189
09-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Hmmm I'm thinking mobo problems, but if that dosen't happen on other games (obvisly) drivers? ATI is always behind on drivers, well I can't say always...

comment
09-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Anyone else having problems playing fear on an x800xl? My problem consists of basically vpu recover kicking in hard my screen goes blank and my monitor shuts off after a couple rounds of deathmatch....... All other games appear to play fine. The card is running extremely hot though. Its a BB ati card. I might also mention i get no real video lag but the sound usually goes kaput right before it happens kinda like stuck in a loop of the last guy i fragged.I'm having the same problem when playing the game for extended time...

Also, I'm having the exact same problem with CS: Source! For some reason it only happens, when I'm playing online :confused:

Damn it :mad:

Best regards

PS: What soundcard are you using?

ATIvenom
09-30-2005, 10:53 AM
first off dont use stock drivers. go over to omegadrivers.net and download his drivers. russian guy takes nvidia and ati drivers and redoes them all. i used to have the x800pro and i never had a rpobelm with anygame. I dont know what aftermarket brand BB is but everytime I heard a video card problem its never about the card actually made by ATI or nvidia, its usually some knockoff. what mobo are u running?

masterofpuppets
09-30-2005, 11:12 AM
What cats? Some people are having this problem with the 5.9's.

comment
09-30-2005, 11:13 AM
what mobo are u running?According to his sig, he is runnin' an abit fatality AN8.

Best regrads

comment

comment
09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
What cats? Some people are having this problem with the 5.9's.Nice find MoP :toast:

Best regards

comment

chew*
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
first off dont use stock drivers. go over to omegadrivers.net and download his drivers. russian guy takes nvidia and ati drivers and redoes them all. i used to have the x800pro and i never had a rpobelm with anygame. I dont know what aftermarket brand BB is but everytime I heard a video card problem its never about the card actually made by ATI or nvidia, its usually some knockoff. what mobo are u running?

BB ATI is built by Ati :) and I am using the onboard sound in the abit which is actually preety decent.

I'm talking to a buddy of mine atm and he has a x800 pro with the same identical issue on a pentium platform so i guess we can rule out soundcard/mobo issues. gonna try backing up to 5.8 drivers atm.

apparently the 5.8 drivers don't crash they just give bad vidlag when the problem starts to occur i'm gonna try some other drivers.

IamAnoobieCheez
10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Is the card running overclocked? or stock?