PDA

View Full Version : no 3.3v line?

politenessman
09-29-2005, 07:19 AM
i also posted this thread in the amd section, i didnt know there was a psu section unti l i clicked hardware, i will try to get mod to delete it.

last night i noticed the my bios read my 3.3v line as varying between .04v and .05v, and in windows all monitoring programs (ite, smartspeed, systool, sandra, mbm) read it as 0v. it read 3.4 until last night. i have been using the new sunbeamtech 550 for a week or 2 as it is sli cert and my ocz is not.
i tried booting with 4v jumper in both positions and my machine seems to run fine. how can i check this using my dmm? also, can i possibly run without a 3.3v line using this config?
x2
ultra d
2x7800gt sli
2x512mb ram
4xhdd
floppy
2xtvtuner
several usb devices

thanx

very truly yours,
politenessman

Dave in Daytona
09-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Like this: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=137886 ;)

politenessman
09-29-2005, 08:07 AM
solved***

i know you will say "no can! no can!" but my ultra d was running fine, including tests and benches(sandra bandwidth, everest, systool, 3dmark) and running sli WITHOUT the floppy connection to the board and without the extra 12v molex to the board. i rewired yesterday to clean up my case and forgot(duh) to replace these connections. my psu has no native floppy connection, i just had to go upstairs to get it, also, i had no extra 12v molex connectors, i had to add another leg(modular) just now to get one, so its not like they just slipped out while i was checking voltages. learn something new everyday. thanx

very truly yours,
politenessman