PDA

View Full Version : New watercooling rig - advice needed.

AlterBridge86
09-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey guys - i made a list of what i'm looking to get sometime in the near future to build a water cooling rig so tell me what you think - i pretty much took the Swiftech APEX kit and swapped in a more powerful radiator and added a video block:

Pump - Swiftech MCP655
Radiator - BlackIce Xtreme III
CPU Block - Swiftech Storm
Video Block - DangerDen Acetal Maze4
Reservoir - Swiftech MCRES-525
Swiftech RadBox to rearmount the Radiator

And thats all i've got. So does this system look solid? I'm going to be having an overclocked A64 X2 on there so a powerful radiator is an absolute must. Thanks for the help! :toast:

SDX
09-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Looks very good.

I would personally go ahead an get the Low profile MAze 4 for future SLI upgradability but thats just me personally.

Very similar setup to mine just diff rad.

It will perform VERYwell

Frambosie
09-27-2005, 09:55 PM
i dont think youll be able to mount the BIX III in the back with the swifty radbox.

the_chad
09-27-2005, 09:58 PM
looks pretty solid, what case are you going to mount it in?

AlterBridge86
09-28-2005, 03:45 AM
thanks for the responses - as far as the case i'm still undecided, i'm trying to decide whether to go full tower or midtower - if full tower i'd get the Thermaltake Shark, if mid tower i'd get the Thermaltake Soprano...

Now i know if i were to mount the BIX3 inside the case i'd need a full tower, but i've been looking at pictures and whatnot and for the life of me i can't seem to figure out how everyone mounts 3x120mm rads inside their cases...could anyone shine some light on that subject? THanks!

moonlightcheese
09-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Now i know if i were to mount the BIX3 inside the case i'd need a full tower, but i've been looking at pictures and whatnot and for the life of me i can't seem to figure out how everyone mounts 3x120mm rads inside their cases...could anyone shine some light on that subject? THanks!
mod the case or use an external enclosure.

Noxious020189
09-28-2005, 06:35 AM
mod the case or use an external enclosure.

like what Maxxx did to heli's case...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37161&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37159&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37138&stc=1

mrapples
09-28-2005, 06:36 AM
ive seen it done on the bottom of cases with good ground clearance, like the stacker, and for mounting it on the top of cases it usually goes into the first 5.25" bay
you might look at the water cooled case gallery, as it has some good examples

AlterBridge86
09-28-2005, 07:51 AM
ooo i like that case with the top mount :) I guess i'll go have myself a look around the case gallery. Thanks for all the help!