PDA

View Full Version : LN2 perpetual systems

Equinox
09-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, im new here and many peeps know so much more than I about OCing so I hope you can hang with me on this and help with info I need. I have seen this forum for a while now but relatively new to posting. I should start with my background. Im a master millrights "machinist" and programmer. I have worked in the manufacturing field for over a decade now and have led the industry in many ways. I was the one that created the MOP system thru manipulation of sensors for Okuma "which is standard on all there machines now". I only say this because people in the past I have brought up the idea too has generally considered me as some crazy loon with no grip on reality. I do tend to agree with them except 1 thing. I am 1 determined son-of-a-bish

I would like to start with just pasting my journal for you to read.

Starting of the LN2 systems.

Research:

9-12-05
email from Kelvin

Thank you for the continued interest. I believe that a closed loop LN2 system requires a very large buffer tank if you plan to use the liquid phase. This would take care of the 700:1 expansion that LN2 suffers when it is evaporated. Of course, there will be re-condensing to be done. Expansion like Freon is NOT possible in this model

Other option is to use LN2 is let it boil off. That is the cheapest way. Know that at these low temperatures you have to take heroic measures to keep the heat wicking back thru the connector pins and frosting up your motherboard.

The way most people do this is with a small cryocooler or Peltier junction. This can eliminate the LN2 and just stick a cold finger on the CPU. Hope this helps.

Al
9-15-05

Going to be using this material for insulation
http://www.schundler.com/composites.htm

9-16-05
2 contacts. mainly both of them worthless. "Kelin" which is a provider of LN2 systems. and University of Houston "some jackass". Both of them have really nothing to offer.

Where I work has some engineers who found that Titanium would be the best product under such a harsh environment as 1.3 Kelvin.

9-17-05

Looks to be the only LN2 system in my price range. It also makes more LN2 per day than I would ever use. Blocks for the CPU will be made from Grey 28 Titanium. Have some at work I can have.

http://www.iwatani.com/
Liquid Nitrogen from the tap!

Liquid Nitrogen is now generated from the atmosphere and stored at your location.

Mini PSA series offers many different capacities in daily production rate of LN2.

LNS-1(Photo): CE Marked, Clean room compatible, 3 Liters per day production rate. Automatic filling.

NL-50 : Mid-size, 15 Liters per day production rate.

NL-300: Large-size, 28 Liter per day production rate, 100 Liter storage capacity.

Questions I have would be how long would LN2 last per volume on a highly OCed Proc. what's the burn off rate. I need to understand what flow rates I will need to estimate how much volume I would have to produce.

Why I want to do this. I look at the final stage. Before liquid the was air and the need for better and better airflow till we bought the Vantac tornado fans which are somewhere around a billion decibels "one of my cases actually took flight with these fans". then the liquid came in. Hell, every unit I saw in the beginning was about as trust worthy as my wife in the mall with a fat wad of cash.Then l8r models or the DIY models could have a $250 pumps " Iwaki MD30RLT". To make a long story not so long,then vapor etc. The final result will be LN2 "triple compressed for -210C.

If I create a dielectric chamber around the mb and it's systems then add some low pressure exhaust valves when running by boiling off the LN2 you would continually create the dielectric gases inside the system because of Nitrogen's 694 to 1 expansion. I think I will stop here just incase peeps think of me as some crazy loon with no grip on reality.:D

Eq

IYP
09-17-2005, 06:44 PM
emm....hope your ready to spend some BIG money...and it takes ALOT of experience and knowledge to be able to do something like this....

Equinox
09-17-2005, 08:10 PM
I have found LN2 units that have went thru shut downs in companies that have an extremely lower cost than a new unit. Found 1 shut down in 94 for $1400. But it was a unit that needed a source of nitrogen gas. I figured once you have the unit it wouldn't take a considerable amount of money for the other equipment "except pump". All machine time is free and so are most of my materials "including exotics". Problem still is to make sure I get the right unit. It would pretty much break any spirit I had if I purchased equipment with this price tag and it not work. So, I have made efforts to contact as many manufactures for research on this but they lack in 1 skill, "understanding the application". Hence would like to know how much LN2 people have used and how long did the LN2 last? Is there a limit of the temp on other equipment onboard? What temp should the mb stay at? As for experience and knowlage.<--This is what I am paid to do everyday at http://www.mogas.com/. All we do is servere service. My background extends past any nitrogen compression technologies. We have Valves that go out the door at a 1.5 mil.

zabomb4163
09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
contact chilly1 if your actually serious. he will help make your dream a reality. he is also in the process of making an ln2 loop. he works on high end cooling systems for a living.

Equinox
09-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Thank you:D PMed him.

IYP
09-18-2005, 03:13 AM
yeah heel be your man if you need anything like that at all.....insulation is going to be a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: on this tho