PDA

View Full Version : How to access the Vapochills PE bios with an IT7MAX2?No Serial port...

brwmogazos
01-03-2003, 03:48 AM
Will have my Vapo PE titanium next week but i noticed that since my IT7MAX2 doesnt have a serial port i will be Unable to operate the Vapochills bios and do any settings i may need...

Any ideas?

Xcept from buying a pci serial card or a new mobo :D ...

Please feel free to move this thread if its not in the correct forum :)

Tweaked!
01-03-2003, 04:13 AM
brwmogazos, Welcome to Xtreme!:D
I'm going to send this over to the Vapor Phase Change Cooling section, those guys should be able to give you the advice you seek:)

RAMMER
01-03-2003, 04:47 AM
Serial card or another PC is your only answer. I use my old laptop as it's only a DOS based program.

Bulldog20
01-03-2003, 05:16 AM
Lo, easy :D

Just buy a serial card, pop over to vapochill forum and find out how to use it. There will be a 'How to' post up soon.

Cheers

brwmogazos
01-03-2003, 08:03 AM
Ok.How can i do it using another pc?
My bros pc is next door so its gonna be easy to do so...
May i supose firing up my pc and his as well while having connected the serial cable to his serial port and the floppy in HIS floppy drive would be able to allow me to make adjustments for the vapo bios?

Bulldog20
01-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Yes, just connect the serial cable his machine, run the vapo and put it into the bios. Then boot the floppy from his machine and choose the com port you got it in 1 or 2.
Change the setting you want and your set.

I take you haven't upgraded the Chill controls firmware. Goto
www.asetek.com and download the 1.4 firmware in support/downloads. Delete the Asetek.exe file from the floppy disc and put the new 1.4 version in it's place.
Now boot the system as above and access the chill control, when your happy the system is running a normal temp ie -20, turn the vapo off, reach into the Chill control and set the slide jumper 1 to on (see chill control manual for location). Then turn back on and you will see just the four yellow status lights lit on the CC. When the system is in this mode, you will have no protection from over heat.
Now flash the bios using the option in the list at the bottom of the screen. Start the flash and you will see the four lights on the CC flash up and down. When finished, turn off, put the jumper back and your upgraded.
After that you will be able to do the upgrade with the vapo and a serial card. It's just to upgrade from 1.2version firmware you need to use another computer, ths new versions you don't have to. :D

Hope this is clear.
Cheers

brwmogazos
01-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog20
Yes, just connect the serial cable his machine, run the vapo and put it into the bios. Then boot the floppy from his machine and choose the com port you got it in 1 or 2.
Change the setting you want and your set.

I take you haven't upgraded the Chill controls firmware. Goto
www.asetek.com and download the 1.4 firmware in support/downloads. Delete the Asetek.exe file from the floppy disc and put the new 1.4 version in it's place.
Now boot the system as above and access the chill control, when your happy the system is running a normal temp ie -20, turn the vapo off, reach into the Chill control and set the slide jumper 1 to on (see chill control manual for location). Then turn back on and you will see just the four yellow status lights lit on the CC. When the system is in this mode, you will have no protection from over heat.
Now flash the bios using the option in the list at the bottom of the screen. Start the flash and you will see the four lights on the CC flash up and down. When finished, turn off, put the jumper back and your upgraded.
After that you will be able to do the upgrade with the vapo and a serial card. It's just to upgrade from 1.2version firmware you need to use another computer, ths new versions you don't have to. :D

Hope this is clear.
Cheers

Thanks for replying m8.
The whole thing i will be trying to avoid is getting a serial card m8 and spending £30 as in a couple of months i will be again upgrading my board with prolly a GB board so the card will become useless...
The vapo will be with me in a week so i will have a look at your tips and post back.
I suppose i can always upgrade the vapos firmware using my bros pc?This is a no prob for me as his pc is next room;)
Since the shop where i ordered it from is waiting for the vapos to be delivered from asetek i may get away with it provided that the vapo will have already an updated firmware...
Well will report back in a week i suppose cos i will be asking for reccomendations on the settings for the chillcontrols bios :)

Bulldog20
01-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by brwmogazos
Thanks for replying m8.
The whole thing i will be trying to avoid is getting a serial card m8 and spending £30 as in a couple of months i will be again upgrading my board with prolly a GB board so the card will become useless...
The vapo will be with me in a week so i will have a look at your tips and post back.
I suppose i can always upgrade the vapos firmware using my bros pc?This is a no prob for me as his pc is next room;)
Since the shop where i ordered it from is waiting for the vapos to be delivered from asetek i may get away with it provided that the vapo will have already an updated firmware...
Well will report back in a week i suppose cos i will be asking for reccomendations on the settings for the chillcontrols bios :)

Well I will have a serial card for sale in afew weeks for a small some of money ;). Mail me m8

Cheers

brwmogazos
01-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Decided to get the ASUS P4G8X...granite bay motherboard to replace my v1 IT7MAX2...Got 2 sticks of Corsair XMS 3500 to go with it so i will have a serial port in the new board :)

Thanks for your offer though m8...

Bulldog20
01-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Where from m8? OCuk?

Cheers

brwmogazos
01-04-2003, 09:45 AM
yes m8.They are coming on Tuesday so you have to preorder cos they are just gonna dissapear :p...
ordered mine last night for £185 delivered...

Cant wait now :D