PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution!!!

sysfailur
01-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Anyone play it? How good are ya?

I've been playing stepmania (ddr simulator for the computer, you use the keyboard) for about 3 weeks, and I can beat every song except MaxX Unlimited and Max 300 on heavy.

Now, actually dancing, I have been playing for about 5 days. I'm working on my 1/8th 3 combos. I've got hopping pretty much down pat. My best thus far is a B on Stomp to my Beat on standard, a 6 footer. This is on DDR MAX for the PS2. I'm gonna get a converter for my computer so I can play DDR on comp.

I got the Red Octane metal pad and it is a piece of CRAP... I don't recommend the pad to anyone (unless you weigh like 80lbs). I got it for xmas, the first day of playing on it, one of the sensors broke. I had to resolder a connection which had come undone. So I did that, it happened again, so I resoldered every single sensor connection and used heavier wire... you'd think that would fix it, but yet again it has broken after about 2 hours of play time w/ me and 2 of my friends. So yeah, if you want a board that breaks alot get the Red Octane metal board! :P I dunno if they'll take a refund at this point, but I will be getting some of my money back.. like free shipping or something, b/c this thing is a piece of crap. I think I'll just work on re-egineering it.

Anyway, if you play DDR post in this thread :)

Kurupt
01-05-2003, 10:14 PM
I love to watch people play this game.... Its insane

Svenn
01-05-2003, 10:20 PM
I've got a DDR pad, don't play much. I don't remember which pad it is, but it was like $60 and supposed to be one of the best pads. It unzips so you can take out the padding if you wear it down. I have no complaints.

NiGhTmArE
01-20-2003, 09:48 PM
great game, i need to clean up my room some before i start playing it again though

sysfailur
01-21-2003, 01:13 AM
A bit of an update.... I've been playing quite a bit and now I can beat every song on light except MAX 300... just don't have the energy to make it through :P After the freeze I die quickly :P

My best song is "Stomp to my Beat" on normal, a 6 footer. I got a "AA" on it. ;)

I am working on beating all of the songs on Normal now and I can do just about all of them minus the two Paranoia's, MAX 300, and 2-3 others.

I'll be moving up to heavy soon... Only prob is that I just don't have the energy to make it through the song! *Out of shape computer nerd* hehe

Also gonna start working on doing songs w/o looking @ the screen and backwards! :)

tuxlinux
01-22-2003, 08:12 AM
lol zack I think you are way to involved in that game music kix ass though

sysfailur
01-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by tuxlinux
lol zack I think you are way to involved in that game music kix ass though

Do I know you? Walnutport represent!! :P

I just beat Kind Lady Heavy with a B!! That's a 7 footer and it's my first _hard_ heavy that I've beaten! Woopy for me!

sysfailur
02-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by sysfailur
A bit of an update.... I've been playing quite a bit and now I can beat every song on light except MAX 300... just don't have the energy to make it through :P After the freeze I die quickly :P

I am working on beating all of the songs on Normal now and I can do just about all of them minus the two Paranoia's, MAX 300, and 2-3 others.

HAHAHAH I BEAT EM!!!!!!!!!

Got B's on the paranoia's and C on MAX 300...... RARRR!!!!!!!!!!

I also beat a bunch of other heavy songs, some easy as pie, some tricky ones... getting better better better ;)

sysfailur
02-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Muhah beat Stomp to my Beat Heavy!! 8 Footer!! Got a D on it, but still beat it! WEe!

hedge
02-25-2003, 02:09 PM
I haven't ever played DDR. There is one at my work called The Premeir. It has five stomp buttons instead four like DDR. Better somes, but the pictures are all anime. But hey, anime chicks are cool

Hedge

fReakIsHPC's
02-27-2003, 06:20 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/crazyfeetforever/max AA.JPG

I OWN ALL!
Note that I am quite young and my friend cant take pictures...:rolleyes:
I have more pics if anybody is interested...

sysfailur
04-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by fReakIsHPC's
http://www.freewebs.com/crazyfeetforever/max AA.JPG

I OWN ALL!
Note that I am quite young and my friend cant take pictures...:rolleyes:
I have more pics if anybody is interested...

Heh all you're owning right now is an error 404.

An update on my progress. I can now beat Paranoia Dirty Mix Heavy, MAX 300 Normal with a C. My two best right now.

EDIT: That pic is dead but I went to your root dir and saw some pics. And now I know why you can beat that..... you're not a 230lb, 6ft 1" white boy.... like me. :P

EDIT2: I noticed you play Stepmania, now there is something I can probably beat you on. I've beaten Stomp to my Beat cmcm mix @ 3X speed, with rotating arrows AND blinking arrows with a B. You just TRY and do that :P

JupiterSSJ4
04-24-2003, 04:18 PM
where do you get your music files and .dwi files for stepmania?? I just downloaded it and only have like 10 songs.

What site is what I am asking?

sysfailur
04-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Lots here: http://www.ddrmaniax.net/

And also here: http://www.bemanisims.com/