PDA

View Full Version : Help for a System design

Chafouin
09-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey guys

I am going soon to get rid of my computer to get a new one.
I can not stand the noise of the computer anymore, so I will go for a watercooling solution.

The main components of my new config will be :
AMD X2 4400+; NVidia 7800 GTX, 2 HDs
inside a Lian Li 1200 or 777 (I love it) case

My main goal is to reach the most silent system as possible while the temperature is still acceptable.

Here is the problem:
Here in the US, most people & Businesses are pro high flow system unlike in Europe they are pro low flow (but high pressure).
So where is the problem? Well the quietest pump are low flow (such as Ehiem 1048 or to some extend Laing DDC pro), and designing a efficient low flow system (with the best waterblock) requires to order in Germany.

Btw, does anybody know why there is such a distinction between Europe and US on that subject?

I already defined my low flow system:
CPU: 1A HV4
GPU: NexXxos GP2X-NV40 + MCX
2 HDs: SilentStar HD-Dual
RAD: 2x ThermoChill HE120.2
Pump: Eheim 1048 (or Laing DDC pro)

To be efficient CPU, GPU+Northbridge, HD shall be connected in //

So my question is the following: It kind of bothers me to order in Europe (not to mention it's more expensive because of the shipment), could it be possible to design a similar high flow system to be as quiet as this one?
Or if you know a good web site that ships these component to the US, I am interrested as well.

Any suggestions/advices are welcome.

slavic1705
09-14-2005, 08:28 PM
If your going for a quite computer this guys site is worth checking out.

http://www.zfz.com/

Chafouin
09-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks for your sugestion. Any more ideas about a equivalent quiet high flow system?

fareastgq
09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
well the system in my sig I can't hear over my psu fan. That's about as high as u get without going rd30 and md30 (heat dump).

moonlightcheese
09-15-2005, 02:21 AM
well "high flow" usually entails a powerful, and loud pump. even the MCP655 is loud IMO. if you want quiet cooling on all the components you listed here's my suggestion:

Storm G4 or MCW6002
Laing DDC pump
DangerDen NV-78
DangerDen Maze4 NB Chipset
Black ICE Pro 2

for cooling on the hard drives, just place them in front of a very quiet intake fan in the front of the case. you don't need much air to properly cool hard drives. the slightest draft is enough (30CFM or so). use the fans on the radiator as exhaust fans for the case as well. top-mount the radiator with the fans pulling air out of the case (make sure they are quiet fans and push about 70CFM each). this will be only 3 quiet fans and one quiet pump in the system, so it should be sufficiently silent.

i don't really agree with a lot of the people here on XS and i'm pretty open-minded to both ways of thinking. you will get more performance out of a high flow system if you are over-clocking, but when running at stock speeds a european system is very efficient and quiet.