PDA

View Full Version : Which one? BIP III or new Swiftech MCR220

3Tripnip
09-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey!

I am about to change out my 1x120mm rad for a better, larger one... but I was wondering what you all think about the new Swiftech MCR220 "Quiet Power" radiators? I have a new BIP III in the package, waiting to be installed, but I was wondering if it would be any more effective than the new Swiftech model? I'm going for as quiet of a system as I can, and have already purchased 3 Nexun silent fans. Which would have more restriction? The BIP III I assume. Which would you all recommend? Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks!

-Ben

n00b 0f l337
09-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I would say the bip3.

SDX
09-14-2005, 05:25 PM
For silence, the larger core will perform beter with quieter fans than the 120x2 with quiet fans, but you are right in saying the 120x3 rad would be more restrictive.

I would say bipIII from what you described.

dastt
09-14-2005, 06:47 PM
bip III with 3 silent fans should work best for you if you can fit it and have a good enough pump

MaxxxRacer
09-15-2005, 12:08 AM
the bip compared to the swiftech rad.. I would have to go with the swiftech rad. the siwfty rad is more well suited to low speed fans, and alot of R&D went into optimizing it.

BIP3 or the dual swiftech rad.. would have to go with the BIP3 for overall performance

El_Pancake
09-15-2005, 12:57 AM
A Weapon core would be good too

EnJoY
09-15-2005, 07:21 AM
A Weapon core would be good too

Not for quiet fans it wouldn't.

MaxxxRacer
09-15-2005, 07:30 AM
surprisingly you can put very quiet undervolted sanyos on there and the weaponcore does verywell, but the airflow through the rad wont be amazing either..

Weapon
09-21-2005, 03:38 PM
surprisingly you can put very quiet undervolted sanyos on there and the weaponcore does verywell, but the airflow through the rad wont be amazing either..

It also helps if you mod the sanyos a little. The San Aces still amaze me as far as how much air they can move vs. the amount of noise (or maybe lack of noise) they make.

Also, a lot of how a core will perform with lower cfm fans depends on how your loop and case are setup and the positioning of the core therein. While I haven't played around with this enough to make a definite statement as to what is the best way to set one up with low airflow fans (slightly undervolted san aces are quiet enough for me. ;) ), I was a bit surprised by the temp differences that can result from mounting the core in different positions in the case when used with fans moving a lot less cfm. I will have to mark off a weekend to play around with this a bit more...

Bloody_Sorcerer
09-21-2005, 04:24 PM
weapon, what kind of mods are done to the sanyos? I have a pair of them and if it's anything simple with decent returns, I might be up for some moddage :)

Psyche911
09-21-2005, 04:32 PM
What does modding them consist of? I've got a couple here.