PDA

View Full Version : Difference between BH-5 and CH-5

K.I.T.T.
09-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Whats the main difference? :confused:

And does CH-5 clock any good? I can get my hands on some for a good price, but its untested

Major
09-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Are you refering to the "old school" BH5 and CH5 ?? the old CH5 didn't clock anywhere near as good as BH5 and usually had to run 2-3-2-5 to get any decent oc.

But if your talking about the new UTT (untested) CH5 its what Mushkin uses in the Redline series and what OCZ uses in the VX line. Its very good stuff ;) The new BH5 UTT is great stuff too, just takes a little more Vdimm than the CH5 and doesn't clock quite as high.

Edit: I noticed in your sig that your using Intel ? the UTT stuff doesn't work well with Intel from what I've read. So if its the old CH5 then you should be ok but don't expect too much.

jrw
09-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Edit: I noticed in your sig that your using Intel ? the UTT stuff doesn't work well with Intel from what I've read. So if its the old CH5 then you should be ok but don't expect too much.

I totally agree with you Major, but now I'm thinking about it, I havent really seen that many results with UTT on 865/875 platforms myself. Only one is hipros in the UTT thread and they ran fu***ing awsome.

Maybe we need some more hard evidence before we all start quoting not-so-well-founded knowledge.

Maybe I'm just mis-informed :toast:

K.I.T.T.
09-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Well what would you recommend to use in a dothan rig on a 915P chipset (Asus P4GD1)? I could get some Mushkin Redline PC3200 (CH-5??? :confused:) for £100 or, i could get some kingston Hyper-X that uses CH-5.

Another choice i have is a 2 x 512 MB set of GeIL value ram. I verified the P/N to end with BHDC, just need to confirm the part number from the guy who has it to see if theres a chance of it being gool ol' BH-5.

BTW, Dothans like low latencies right....so BH-5 is better for intels i presume (from what you guys say)?