PDA

View Full Version : what should i get

piercedandtatto
01-02-2003, 09:44 PM
i have about $225 to spend, looking at my system 1 specs, what should i buy??? A new mobo and more ram or a graphics card. i have 256 megs of xms 2400 on its way in the mail along with a swiftech mcx-4000 with vantec tornado fan and as3.

IFMU
01-02-2003, 11:40 PM
The only thing I can really see that I would suggest would be more memory. Maybe a different board? I dont know Intel boards so I dont know if yours is any good or not other then the OC its let yea get there.
After those suggestions, Id look at another video card.

felix88
01-03-2003, 12:23 AM
hmm, a better video card would be nice if you are a gamer. you could get yourself a scsi setup for about $150 like i did. (http://www.storagereview.com/welcome.pl/http://www.storagereview.com/cgi-bin/news_archive.pl?viewhl=896) or maybe you could just feed your addiction and build yourself another folding box. :D

Crazymofo
01-03-2003, 04:52 PM
felix thanks a bunch for the link yeah like I really had 150 bucks to spend on SCSI but man what a deal I just can't pass it up!!

Crazymofo
01-03-2003, 04:56 PM
felix how long ago did you get that offer it's been posted for a long time now?

felix88
01-03-2003, 05:49 PM
it's been a while but i know a few people that got it recently. just call hypermicro and ask them, they were very helpful when i called.

dmitriyaz
01-03-2003, 09:08 PM
piercedandtatto,
DEFINETLY get a new video card :)
unless you never play games, and use your computer exlusively for CPU intensive tasks.

piercedandtatto
01-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
piercedandtatto,
DEFINETLY get a new video card :)
unless you never play games, and use your computer exlusively for CPU intensive tasks.

I just ordered this (http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/simprod.asp?pid=6227&ad=pwatch). i am a gamer and play ut2003 about 4 hours a day and im tired of getting about 31 fps. hopefully this will help. i guess ill get a new motherbord in a few weeks.

dmitriyaz
01-03-2003, 10:03 PM
fine choice! :banana:
btw, same here: UT2k3, several hours every day :hehe:

piercedandtatto
01-04-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
fine choice! :banana:
btw, same here: UT2k3, several hours every day :hehe:
what is your ut2003 name?
Do u know any good clans? I am a [H] clan member but since i dont go to hard ocp much anymore(this forum is sooooo much better) Im looking for a new clan. Also if anyone plays instagib look for me in (vsk)acidchips server every night between 11pm and 3am EST my name is [H]princealbert. U need to bring some skills though im ranked #1 out of about 700 in the rank system they have on that server:rocker:and there are some pretty good guys that play there.

dmitriyaz
01-04-2003, 03:35 AM
:)
my UT2k3 name is <dmi>,
i tried to acquire the full game (unsuccessfully):brick:
well i could play single player, but online, it didn't work no matter what.
not only that, but first of all, it raped my system, and hard. my pathetic mx400 couldn't handle CTF-Magma (for example) on ANY settings :bsod:
second of all, i wasn't particlarly imressed with the quality of most of the maps. DM-Antalus, DM-Asbestos and CTF-Citadel were amazing, and were all included in the demo.
in the full game, i liked DM-Plunge, DM-Curse3, DM-TokaraForest and...thats about it :moon:
so for now, i am back to demo :eek:. i am getting a new computer soon, so the framerates won't be an issue anymore, then i'll try harder to, uh, 'buy' the full game :p

dmitriyaz
01-04-2003, 03:41 AM
eh, its almost 4 a.m.,
forgot to add some stuff.
nah, i don't know of any clans, and i won't EVER be in one.
i play drastically better, and have more fun when i barely know anyone in the server, and i wouldn't really care if i lost with a pathetically low score.
and btw, instagib is not for me :p i only play it about once a month.

piercedandtatto
01-04-2003, 09:21 AM
The server i play in has new maps, they run vsk kitchen and vsk bedroom it reminds me of honey i shrunk the kids cus u are in a big room where it looks like a kitchen and u are about the size of a mouse. i have a radeon le 32mb and in those 2 maps i pull about 35-40 fps at 1024x768 everything set to low.

If u have a copy of ut2003 and not actually purchased the game then u wont be able to play online because the master server checks your keycode to see if it is valid. If u use a keycode generator then the master server wont let u connect. but u can use gamespy arcade to get server listings then connect.

dmitriyaz
01-04-2003, 12:24 PM
kitchen? :rotf:
sounds like fun...
btw, i tried gamespy, doesn't work with it either :(