PDA

View Full Version : What do you think could be a big help in overclocking or general computer use?

MikalCarbine
09-07-2005, 06:52 PM
This is a survey for a long term project I am doing. Please, do not spam on this thread and keep the answers to the point. Your help will be greatly appreciated

QUESTION:

What do you think could be a big help in overclocking or general computer use?

Your answer can include more than one thing if it comes to mind. Thanks again!

uOpt
09-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Double BIOS. Meaning a backup BIOS that can flash the real BIOS chip in case you fatfinger a flash.

[XC] leviathan18
09-08-2005, 07:34 AM
better temp probes and voltimeter in gpu cpu and ram with external display
double bios would be nice
on board ON/OFF switch
removable mobo tray in the case with a hole to easily change phase water and air
better power system for the cpu and ram
a nice separation between 16x pci e slots like the asus a8n sli deluxe
better placement of the chipset so it wont interfere with huge vid cars like 7800gtx so ppl can change the stock fan for a better cooling

i found nemo
09-08-2005, 07:49 AM
for overclocking:
bios which makes the cpu multiplier what ever you want
accurate temps and voltages (amps too!)
automatic ramp spd optimazation
stable v.core and ram voltage
ability to "fine tune" by selecting frequency's individually (cpu total 2300 mhz ram 260mhz basically 2 diff clock gens for this to happen) also to further fine tune, selecting a frequency down to .02 of a mhz
good quality caps and other components, and lock all of the sata ports, not just 2

general:
good system reliability and easy maintnence and auto reset cmos if windows (or other operating system) bsod's (or just turns off )

Ugly n Grey
09-08-2005, 08:13 AM
two blondes rubbing my shoulders while I slave away over my clocks....that would make life easier...

Hmmm... I think the number one thing for me would be a simple inexpensive but accurate and easy to use thermal probe

[XC] leviathan18
09-08-2005, 08:20 AM
thermal probe and voltimeter (good qualitiy and the thermal prob that reads below 0°)

and external lcd to see the readings ala abit guru thing but better