PDA

View Full Version : nano pod????

alpacaa
09-07-2005, 04:16 PM
what do you guys think of the nanopod?

notoriousformula
09-07-2005, 04:52 PM
pretty good. Ordered a black one for $270 CAD edu price this morning.

SDX
09-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah, looking at getting one just for a select amount of music, with my old (3rd gen) becoming more of the external HD it's been turning into lately.

Disposibleteen
09-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I just ordered my black 4gb version, i cant wait its arrival!

forey
09-08-2005, 01:04 AM
where do u get them at? *aus

Vapor
09-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Looks freaking amazing....getting a white 4GB one.

Batt[o]
09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Truly slim :D i was just wondering about some new ipod...and ever thought mini was not mini enogh, now i got it...my cousing is the usa and if i'm lucky enough i'll got my power and nano in few weeks :D

alpacaa
09-08-2005, 01:46 PM
ya i think this nano will have good results

Frisch
09-08-2005, 03:40 PM
My son got one at his birthday, he looked extremely happy :D
When he's happy, i'm happy. So a perfect gift for both of us.
Daddy :cool:

forey
09-08-2005, 05:27 PM
i wish my dad would buy me one, :slap:

Batt[o]
09-08-2005, 05:50 PM

Wanna be my daddy...uhh?
pleaseee...

$a1Ty
09-08-2005, 08:08 PM
sugar daddy? :slapass:

Frisch
09-08-2005, 11:02 PM
i wish my dad would buy me one, :slap:

']Wanna be my daddy...uhh?
pleaseee...

sugar daddy? :slapass:

Now now. He turned 14, and in my country, it's the beginning of adulthood, and then you get exstra attention and bigger gifts.
And two sons is enough, else i would be living on the streets :D

einCe
09-09-2005, 12:54 AM
from what it looks like all you have to do is sit on it to break it

Frisch
09-09-2005, 05:01 AM
from what it looks like all you have to do is sit on it to break it

I would recommend a chair.

xs64
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
haha , you are a quite good daddy :up:
That nano pod is :owned:

IYP
09-09-2005, 06:36 PM
hmmm....im a big guy...i dont really like fragile things like tht....looks like the shexx but my library wouldentent fit on it anyway.....i think im just going to repair the one i have

Vapor
09-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Put only your best 4GB of songs on it...iTunes can do that for ya.

BB mods's
09-10-2005, 11:15 PM
I dont think to much of them as far as features goes but for what they are i love them,but they cant ever replace my full 4th gen 40 gig ipod :)

masterofpuppets
09-11-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm sure not gonna buy one until they add OGG Vorbis support. I mean, it's open source and all as well, they shouldn't have ANY trouble integrating it into the firmware. I'm gonna email em about it, and if they say they can't get OGG support to work, I'll know they are BS'ing. I've hacked up firmware on several other players and got OGG support working. Stupid Apple.

Vapor
09-11-2005, 07:35 AM
I can see how that would be an issue for some....good idea contacting them.

bachus_anonym
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey!

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, there are couple japaneese websites that posted bunch of photos of Ipod Nano's internals... Pretty cool, especially that "detachable" flash memory ;)

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0908/nano.htm
http://suyama.co.jp/

Vapor
09-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Good find BA!

SDX
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Picked up my 2gb white on friday, loving it, its sooo tiny!!!

antipop
09-12-2005, 10:10 PM
I posted some pics here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1039219#post1039219

I was amazed how small it was, i knew it was small but not to that point

bachus_anonym
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
I posted some pics here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1039219#post1039219

I was amazed how small it was, i knew it was small but not to that point
Yeah! I'm not that much of Apple fan from the principle :D but I just went to Apple Store here in SF, since my gf wanted to get one... Those things are super tny! I like the black one but it sucks that fingerprints are so visible on it :(
Apple did some fine job on that player. Too bad, record function is gone and most likely (from what I read) most 3rd party IPod accessories are not compatible... Is that true, antipop?

antipop
09-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah most of the ipod accesory for the mini are not working on the nano, i have an air trip that i cannot use. That thing is so tiny that there is no place for the slot :) I'm sure we'll see some new accessorie for it soon and the socks are still compatible even if it's a bit too big :D

nn_step
09-13-2005, 02:05 PM
not enough space for music and I fear that I would crush it in my hands...
and the price tag is a joke...

[XC] DragonOrta
09-14-2005, 05:14 PM
I think it's Ars Technica that has a review of it, and thought it would be really fragile too, so they did some durability tests, such as throwing it out of a car going 10, 20, 30, and 50 mph, dropping it from nine feet, driving it over with a car twice and then throwing it as high as they could and letting it drop onto concrete. the only thing that stopped it from playing music was throwing it in the air. The LCD screen didn't work after driving over it , but it still played music. Seems Apple realized people would think it's fragile, and tried to make sure it wasn't.

Plague_oc
10-10-2005, 03:49 PM
actually its not that fragile, people were throwing it around and running over it and it was still functional (well when they started running over it the lcd broke but it kept playing songs) but i know it scratches EASILY

edit: omg i replied without seeing this page..lol what ^^ said

JAWS
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
but i know it scratches EASILY

well its official: Nano Owners Sue Apple

http://www.redherring.com/article.aspx?a=14092&hed=Nano+Owners+Sue+Apple

Vapor
10-24-2005, 02:45 AM
I have a nano and it does *not* scratch easily....people are just dumbasses and put it their pocket with keys and other hard objects with sharp edges. I am extremely disappointed in those people for bringing the suit forward. But, alas, they're mad that a product they bought isn't 100% scratch proof and that they did something dumb to scratch it.

antipop
10-24-2005, 03:44 AM
I have a nano and it does *not* scratch easily....people are just dumbasses and put it their pocket with keys and other hard objects with sharp edges. I am extremely disappointed in those people for bringing the suit forward. But, alas, they're mad that a product they bought isn't 100% scratch proof and that they did something dumb to scratch it.
It does scratch easily, i always carry it within an apple sock and it has some scratch mark but nothing to cry about. You don't notice them at first but they appear if you pay closer attention. Anyway, i love it and i don't mind the few scratches i have. I don't know what the people do with them so that the screen becomes unreadable.
The complained i heard are mostly about the black version where the scratches are more visible than on the white one.

Vapor
10-24-2005, 03:55 AM
I literally have no scratches after a lot of use without a sock.....I use it on the way to and fro every class. In fact, the METAL BACKING has a couple of nicks, but not the polycarbonate.....there must have been a lot of bad production (in which case the suit is justified) if that many people are getting scratches. Of course, I haven't tempted putting it in the same pocket as my keys (except my roomkey because its actually a key card) but it's been in with my cell phone, a couple of mechanical pencils, a flash drive and a couple quarters--still nothing. :confused:

I also understand the black one being more visible with the scratches but do this many people REALLY have a problem with scratching? I can't imagine I'm the only one without scratches after normal usage. I love my nano (perfect size for my playlist too) and it's my first iPod and I must say I'm IMPRESSED. Even if it did have a few scratches I still wouldn't fret (especially to the point of a lawsuit).