PDA

View Full Version : Best CPU Cooler, Help Fast Plz

ferrari_freak
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Ok, well I'm still waiting for a rig I ordered almost 1 month ago (damn border customs). And it seems Xoxide has cancelled my order due to credit card problems with the address since we just moved to a new house. Well, during this 1 month period, I read a few reviews of my chosen CPU cooler (in sig). I read in Maximum PC magazine that the fan is too close to the case door when it is closed making the fan run out of air being supplied to it. Is this true, and if it is, which cooler would you recommend me? I'm currently considering the Thermalright XP-90C but I don't know of any good 92mm fans... Need answers fast, I'm going to a store tonight (can't order offa the internet because I just can't wait another month for just a case and cooler to get out of customs). Thanks a lot.

Usama aka Ferrari Freak

Paxi
09-07-2005, 12:27 PM
the Thermalright XP-90C is a good choice.. and about the 92mm fan.. maybe you can get a one from papst or enermax.. they are not that bad

.sentinel
09-07-2005, 01:26 PM
I would say Panaflo for a XP90 but still get the TT if thats what your getting fellow max pc reader because i don't think it would be that bad just ask UnG

KoolDrew
09-07-2005, 02:25 PM
I think the TT Big Typhoon performs better then the XP-90C, so it may be a good consideration. If you do decide on the XP-90C I would get this (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de92trblhisp.html).

ferrari_freak
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
It was just reading in my spare time... And they even chose a CM cooler as top place :stick: . Well anyways, so I should stick with the TT Big Typhoon then and it probably won't be a problem? Because everywhere it has really awesome temps. I'm just worrying about it not having enough air supply for the fan because of the case door :( .

Usama aka Ferrari Freak

Ugly n Grey
09-07-2005, 02:36 PM
The fan doesn;t move much air on a BT anyhow... it's just how they are made. I have mine enclosed in a sound reduced case (baffles on the inside panels etc...) with extremely low air flow and I'm not having probs with the BT... It still performas better in my environment that the XP did... BUT ALL THIS IS ON A DUAL CORE...

I found no real diff between the BT and the XP90 on a single core, though others are reporting lower temps..

[XC] leviathan18
09-07-2005, 02:43 PM
BT but be sure to lap the base use as5 and if you use the same fan it sound less you can buy a better fan.....

the BT is better cuz it doesnt interfere with the ram slots

uOpt
09-08-2005, 07:29 AM
I didn't try a XP yet, but the reason I didn't is that I just love the Zalman CF7700-Cu.

However, it is big and heavy. I'll have an interesting time using the OCZ DDR booster, just for starters.

i found nemo
09-08-2005, 07:39 AM
cut hole in the side of ur case ... cheap solution ... for more air flow put a fan where the hole is on the side of ur case... :D good luck!

z-design
09-08-2005, 08:41 AM
I usually don't like thermaltake, but the big typhoon is probably the best choice among any air coolers.

For even better results, you can lap the heatsink base, get a powerful 100+ cfm fan, and if you wish to risk it... remove the ihs off your cpu.

Sume4
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Zalman cnps9500Cu

ferrari_freak
09-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Ok then, didn't want to cut up my brand new case so I'm going to stick with the TT Big Typhoon and get some Arctic Silver 5. Thanks a lot guys. I'm just waiting on the guys from the store on pricing and should have this cooler ordered soon.

Usama aka Ferrari Freak