PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Honda Civic Si

conrad.maranan
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm just curious to know if anyone is planning to purchase the 2006 Honda Civic Si. Personally, I think the car looks like a sportier version of the Saturn Ion (yuck), but the performance seems pretty promising despite the car's heavy weight. No need for a engine swap from an RSX Type-S either considering the car comes equipped with a K20Z3.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36698&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36699&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36700&stc=1

Mr. Manka
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
its friggin fugly

i wouldnt buy one
but thats just me

Dissolved
09-06-2005, 07:23 PM
if it wasnt a honda with those looks i might just to have something different.. i do like the dash a bit..

but since its a honda i know id see alot of them around here in calif.. so id go elsewhere..

JasonDTM
09-06-2005, 07:30 PM
It was RWD with the transmisson in the back, Then maybe, just maybe would I consider purchasing a honda. :/

trance565
09-06-2005, 07:32 PM
lol, the rsx type s really aint taht great, i beat em all the time in my integra GSR, which only has a measley 170 bhp

i duno, civics have always been kina poor on the performance side, but u never know, that new eclipse looks pretty good, i actually saw one pass me by today

conrad.maranan
09-06-2005, 07:33 PM
It was RWD with the transmisson in the back, Then maybe, just maybe would I consider purchasing a honda. :/That's what the NSX is for. ;)

There's definitely too many Hondas in Southern California. I've been into Hondas since the late '80s/early '90s, so I guess I'm somewhat biased.

The reason why I posted this thread was just to get a feel for what people think. I have a '91 Acura Integra that I was planning to use as a base for my project car. However, I'm now starting to gravitate towards the '06 Si Coupe. If only it didn't look like a Saturn Ion. :(

Disposibleteen
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Am i the only one that thinks this car has huge amounts of potential as a project car?

Jester FPS
09-06-2005, 08:03 PM
that looks real nice. how come it says "civid" in the top left of the pictures though?

Ugly n Grey
09-06-2005, 08:05 PM
It's a cute little car, I don't really know what to equate the performane to but if it's usual Honda quality it will sell like hotcakes. It kind of reminds me of a Saab styling wise...

OT
I'm replacing my PT Cruiser Turbo with Dodge Charger ala Hemi... My Durango is burning the high Ethanol Blends just fine, The Hemi in the charger won't be any different. Nothing like massive gobs of torque to give one a woody...

Ugly n Grey
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
that looks real nice. how come it says "civid" in the top left of the pictures though?

It's a backwards C.... some marketing guy trying to be cute

conrad.maranan
09-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Am i the only one that thinks this car has huge amounts of potential as a project car?
Nope. I'm thinking the same exact thing. I might have a hard time sliding this one by the wife considering I just sold my truck and bought a new Accord last week. :( Sad how she gets a Bimmer and I get an Accord. :rolleyes:

I'm replacing my PT Cruiser Turbo with Dodge Charger ala Hemi... My Durango is burning the high Ethanol Blends just fine, The Hemi in the charger won't be any different. Nothing like massive gobs of torque to give one a woody...
I was doing $420 a month on gas with my Dodge Ram. How much are you spending with your Durango? A full tank would only last me 300 miles. :eek: I sure miss that truck, though. It's kind of difficult purchasing supplies for home improvement and trying to load things into a little car.

Disposibleteen
09-07-2005, 02:34 AM
Nope. I'm thinking the same exact thing. I might have a hard time sliding this one by the wife considering I just sold my truck and bought a new Accord last week. :( Sad how she gets a Bimmer and I get an Accord. :rolleyes:

I was doing $420 a month on gas with my Dodge Ram. How much are you spending with your Durango? A full tank would only last me 300 miles. :eek: I sure miss that truck, though. It's kind of difficult purchasing supplies for home improvement and trying to load things into a little car.
Well if you get this car you can gloat about your car when its all done. I would rather have a tricked out Civic Si than a BMW especially if you plan on doing all of the work yourself. Once you're done with this car youll be able to look at it and say that you made it what it is.

jimborae
09-07-2005, 03:40 AM
.......i duno, civics have always been kina poor on the performance side, but u never know, that new eclipse looks pretty good, i actually saw one pass me by today

You guys obviously don't get the Type-R's in the states then??

My Civic Type-R has 200bhp as standard. It's now has a Jackson Racing supercharger on it & puts out 300bhp at the flywheel.

404Power
09-07-2005, 03:43 AM
@ conrad.maranan:

Sry for OT but only 1 question to you :) :

Where can I find the wallpapers from this car? :)
(... because there is this text "get wallpapers: 800x600 ....)

Ugly n Grey
09-07-2005, 05:18 AM

I think you should go for the purchase conrad, after all, life is short build what you really want. The more I look at the pic the more I think they ripped the body shape off a Saab.

OT
The last Durango got about 12 miles to the Imperial gallon, (maybe 10 miles per US gallon -it's the way I drive) with the 360. The new one is getting about 15/16 with the Hemi. But my fuel costs will drop to about 1.50 US per US gallon when the still comes online this winter. The car will do better. The price will drop as I get more efficient as well.

[XC] leviathan18
09-07-2005, 05:36 AM
looks so different the dashboard is sweet any tech sheet?

[XC] leviathan18
09-07-2005, 06:44 AM
well i found some spec

2.0 litres, DOHC, i VTEC, 6 speed manual or automatic, short shifts for a sport feel, 160hp @ 6500rpm and 197 @ 7800rpm

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/frankfurt/0509_honda_civic/
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000080056745/

JasonDTM
09-07-2005, 12:45 PM
That's what the NSX is for. ;)

There's definitely too many Hondas in Southern California. I've been into Hondas since the late '80s/early '90s, so I guess I'm somewhat biased.

The reason why I posted this thread was just to get a feel for what people think. I have a '91 Acura Integra that I was planning to use as a base for my project car. However, I'm now starting to gravitate towards the '06 Si Coupe. If only it didn't look like a Saturn Ion. :(

NXS is Mid engined RWD with the same type of transmission setup as on the FWD models, now if it was a true transaxel, the tail of the tranny would extend past the rear axles, and the RWD, with the tranny in the rear, offers the best weight distro for a front engined RWD car. ;)

trance565
09-07-2005, 01:18 PM

My Civic Type-R has 200bhp as standard. It's now has a Jackson Racing supercharger on it & puts out 300bhp at the flywheel.

nope, all i know, is it's not fast enuff, even with the SC, it aint fast enuff

neither is my car btw, i mean seriously, my car runs on 93 octane, gets 20 mph, runs 14.9 qt mile

an 02' mustang GT runs on regular, gets 20 mpg, and runs 13.5 qtmile, i dont get why ppl get civics or integras or rsx's

trance565
09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
I think you should go for the purchase conrad, after all, life is short build what you really want. The more I look at the pic the more I think they ripped the body shape off a Saab.

OT
The last Durango got about 12 miles to the Imperial gallon, (maybe 10 miles per US gallon -it's the way I drive) with the 360. The new one is getting about 15/16 with the Hemi. But my fuel costs will drop to about 1.50 US per US gallon when the still comes online this winter. The car will do better. The price will drop as I get more efficient as well.

how u plan on paying a buck fidy for a gallon of gas?

Ugly n Grey
09-07-2005, 01:31 PM
how u plan on paying a buck fidy for a gallon of gas?

My ethanol still comes online this winter...cuts my fuel costs by about 60 per cent all costs in (operations and blending with gaoline, storage and maintenance)

Disposibleteen
09-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Isnt that considered bootlegging? Isnt that illegal? You should send me some though, im always up for some good moonshine.

conrad.maranan
09-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Well if you get this car you can gloat about your car when its all done. I would rather have a tricked out Civic Si than a BMW especially if you plan on doing all of the work yourself. Once you're done with this car youll be able to look at it and say that you made it what it is.
Well, I'm not going to do all of the work myself. I do have plenty of experience building and assembling engines, but I'm going to have to farm most of this stuff out considering it'll be a bit more radical than prior cars I have built.

Consider the USA to be the step-child of the automotive world. The only Type-R we have ever seen are the 3rd generation Integras. :( We do have access to the engines, though. :)

Where can I find the wallpapers from this car? :)
(... because there is this text "get wallpapers: 800x600 ....)
Right over here (http://automobiles.honda.com/civics/index.aspx), sir.

I'd be at the Honda dealer on the release day if I was still single. Life is more challenging when you're forced to wear the skirt and high heels. ;) The front definitely has some Saab styling cues. It looks like the end product of a Saab 9³ and a Saturn Ion.

well i found some spec

2.0 litres, DOHC, i VTEC, 6 speed manual or automatic, short shifts for a sport feel, 160hp @ 6500rpm and 197 @ 7800rpm
That looks about right. :up:

NXS is Mid engined RWD with the same type of transmission setup as on the FWD models, now if it was a true transaxel, the tail of the tranny would extend past the rear axles, and the RWD, with the tranny in the rear, offers the best weight distro for a front engined RWD car. ;)
Yes, indeed. I was just trying to pick a Honda that was closest to what you wanted. :D

neither is my car btw, i mean seriously, my car runs on 93 octane, gets 20 mph, runs 14.9 qt mile

an 02' mustang GT runs on regular, gets 20 mpg, and runs 13.5 qtmile, i dont get why ppl get civics or integras or rsx's
Well, if we're talking factory-stock cars, it's definitely not a quick car. But the potential is there. It isn't uncommon for Hondas to run in the 11s in street trim - naturally aspirated.

K-series engines are the future. B-series is a mature technology that was introduced back in the late-'80s with the B16A1-equipped Integras from Japan. One of my best friends owns Intrinsic Performance Solutions. His camshaft research and development is just sick. If you ever see some of his dyno charts for any of his development motors, you'll see that K-series is the way to go, especially for an all-motor vehicle. :)

[XC] leviathan18
09-07-2005, 04:21 PM
damn with all of you pays for gallon/litre i can buy a lot of HW send me HW and i will send you gas xD premiun 95 octanes or 91 :P

2000 litres for a 7800gtx
600 litres for a dfi sli dr
2000 litres for a 3800
500 litre for 1gig ram geil one
1200 litres for pcpnc 510w and a lian li 1200b

invisible hand
09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Nice car, but I'd wait for the new Type R rsx, hopefully it will be released soon...next year maybe?

My integra Type R was awesome fun.....the only problem was that the theives are attracted to it...making comprehensive insurance impossible to purchase.

Evil XP2400
09-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda just keeps messing up their civics and integras/RSX's. After the 2000 civic, they havent done anything worth a crap for it. First they come out with those fugly models, then they top it off with a Minivan Si.

I still have my JDM B18C swapped 6th gen civic, and when I get rid of it, I probably wont be getting another honda, unless thing change dramatically.What's the point? I'll be getting a newer car, but with much less performance, and I also doubt the quality of their builds it's the same. Hell their older models are faster than their newer ones.

Those K motors do make quite a bit of power compared to the B series, but K swaps are still quite expensive and complicated.

99-00 Si = Faster than the current si's
94-01 GSR = Just as fast if not faster than an RSX Type-S
And the last gen type R was just sweetness, one of the best handling FWD I've ever driven... Even stock.

Anyways, dont take any of this to heart... All above is just my opinion, and a few facts/ :banana:

trance565
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
yea, my gsr beat an rsx, and the clutch is slipping like crazy too, (takes like 1.5-3 seconds to catch)

CaTalyst.X
09-11-2005, 03:06 PM
lol that clutch is shot

-CaT

trance565
09-11-2005, 09:04 PM
no :banana::banana::banana::banana: lol, me and my dad are gonna replace it soon, he keeps saying, YOU DONT KNOW IF IT'S TEH CLUTCH, i tried adjusting it, and it didnt do a damn thing, and i dont know what the hell else could make your clutch slip, and :banana::banana::banana::banana:. it's also releasing at teh end of the clutch throw, instead of all the way in, i can push it in like and inch, and I can switch gears, it's kina odd

brandinb
09-17-2005, 02:27 AM
no :banana::banana::banana::banana: lol, me and my dad are gonna replace it soon, he keeps saying, YOU DONT KNOW IF IT'S TEH CLUTCH, i tried adjusting it, and it didnt do a damn thing, and i dont know what the hell else could make your clutch slip, and :banana::banana::banana::banana:. it's also releasing at teh end of the clutch throw, instead of all the way in, i can push it in like and inch, and I can switch gears, it's kina odd
rofl you really should get that checked out before your stranded.
my friend rode the clutch into the ground on his toyota 4runner and he got stranded the clutch would only put about 5% of the power to the wheels it was hiliarous hahahah get it fixed before your stuck at the bottome of a hill lol
________
Vapir oxygen (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)

Harshal
09-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I dont know much about what you guys have there as what we will be getting is going to be (De)tuned for real good fuel-efficency :(. I personally like a Subaru STi for simple Fun to drive factor (as I have driven only Indian versions of Honda City and Lancer and also C230, E320 and import versions of Porsche Boxter and Subaru STi 2004). You guys have option to put a turbo if its not upto your fast likings.... and to mod it enough so that it can take up a Boxter or something on a track (yeah provided you have plenty of Cash).

mikenam
09-26-2005, 07:24 PM
i like the jdm civic better. the site is for the mugen civic. but its basically the same thing but w/ mugen parts.

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/

Stewie007
09-29-2005, 05:24 PM
One of these days, the Civic is going to be a thing of the past.... That is a day I cannot WAIT to see...

calcal
09-29-2005, 05:35 PM
One of these days, the Civic is going to be a thing of the past.... That is a day I cannot WAIT to see...
that will be never, civic selsl more way more than any american cars there is

Stewie007
09-29-2005, 06:25 PM
The civic's cheap, and it doesn't have any well rooted competition. However, the Chevy Cobalt ain't doing bad from the starting blocks. Civic sales have also dropped from previous years.

American cars, specifically GM, are unfortunately underrated, and priced generally higher than your typical Honda. That affects sales.

Besides, alot of them are gifts from mommy and daddy to Johnny or Janey.

However, the Mustang has boasted some impressive sales. And it ain't as cheap as a Civic.

There are alot of reasons why some cars sell more than others. Price has ALOT to do with it. Pocket book first, before quality.

MaxxxRacer
10-01-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm an avid Honda fan, but that thing is just fugly....

99' Integra Type-R foeva!

wicke
10-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Nice car. Hope it not so expensive as it looks

fatfreepork
10-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Its not that fast and its not even as sporty as my Mazda 3 hatchback. 2.3l 160hp 150tq and a 5 sp manual does 0-60 in 7.4. The civic is rated at 7.3

can't wait until the mazdaspeed 3 is out. 274 turbocharged horses!

conrad.maranan
10-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Its not that fast and its not even as sporty as my Mazda 3 hatchback. 2.3l 160hp 150tq and a 5 sp manual does 0-60 in 7.4. The civic is rated at 7.3

can't wait until the mazdaspeed 3 is out. 274 turbocharged horses!
I think you're comparing the Mazda 3 against the Civic Si of yesterday. The 2006 Si puts out 197hp from a 2.0L engine and is mated to a 6-speed tranny with a helical LSD.

Off-the-shelf aftermarket parts selection is also in Honda's favor. :up: Any car that's boosting gives you that roller coaster sensation in your gut. I know this because I used to own a '91 MR2 that did 11.1 down the quarter and that big boost feeling is 100% lovely. But if you've ever had the opportunity to sit shotgun in a Honda that can put out 230+ horses to the wheels without the aid of forced induction or nitrous, it's truly a sick feeling.

fatfreepork
10-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Im talking about the recent car&driver and speed magazine tests of the new civic si which is still not too impressive since its essentially an Rsx

David Coleman
10-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Eh, I'll keep my 200Bhp 2.5L MX-3....and smoke these new cars with a car that's 13 years older :)

Soulburner
10-13-2005, 09:15 AM

Disagree with this, those Mustangs were weaker than you think. They are lucky to even see a 13.x anything stock. They are usually stuck in the 14s sadly with their little 260hp motor.

For comparison my car can also pull 20mpg if I drive it nice...yet runs low 13s, and high 12s with just drag radials...still bone stock. Not to even mention once I start digging into the engine bay...

Yeah a Honda is going to get better mileage but that's not what I bought my car for : Fun. I don't understand why you guys are talking about Civics and HP - those two things do not belong together in the same thread! The car was built for mileage and efficiency and yet you guys are trying to make it sound like its a street beast...hardly. If that's what you want i'm afraid you are looking at the wrong line of cars. :cool:

BTW the new Civic = Puke

Holst
10-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Im going to be buying a Prelude 2.2 vtec pretty soon, just waiting till I find the perfect one.

I agree that older Hondas (and cars in general) are better in allot of ways.

Elisha
10-13-2005, 12:05 PM
The civic's cheap, and it doesn't have any well rooted competition. However, the Chevy Cobalt ain't doing bad from the starting blocks.

the Cobalt is a Daewoo. So is most of Chevy's new lineup for the smaller cars. They bought over Daewoo and rebadged them.
and the Malibu is a Saab.

and how do you guys get 20mpg which such big cars???
my J30 with a VG30DE motor can only do 12mpg in the city and if lucky 18 on highway.

Soulburner
10-14-2005, 12:54 AM
and how do you guys get 20mpg which such big cars???
my J30 with a VG30DE motor can only do 12mpg in the city and if lucky 18 on highway.
My car isn't that big...weighs ~3400lbs...

My mileage is combined highway/city.

And the LS1 is a great engine :cool:

Elisha
10-14-2005, 12:55 AM
my car weighs around 3600lbs.

cancer
10-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Disagree with this, those Mustangs were weaker than you think. They are lucky to even see a 13.x anything stock. They are usually stuck in the 14s sadly with their little 260hp motor.

For comparison my car can also pull 20mpg if I drive it nice...yet runs low 13s, and high 12s with just drag radials...still bone stock. Not to even mention once I start digging into the engine bay...

Yeah a Honda is going to get better mileage but that's not what I bought my car for : Fun. I don't understand why you guys are talking about Civics and HP - those two things do not belong together in the same thread! The car was built for mileage and efficiency and yet you guys are trying to make it sound like its a street beast...hardly. If that's what you want i'm afraid you are looking at the wrong line of cars. :cool:

BTW the new Civic = Puke

For one, not all civics are mileage cars. There's a lot of civics that are beast on the streets. You obviously lack intelligence about any Honda's, especially civics. If you knew anything about civics, there's a sporty version. Called the Civic Si, or even better Civic Type R. These small little cars, put out effienciet power, with not much horsepower behind it. 2000 Civic si 160hp DOHC 0-60 around 7.2. Notice how i don't use the newer Si's, because i must admit, they're horrible. Then you come down to the Civic Type R, which has around 200 horsepower. 0-60 around 6 secs. Now neither of these cars, cost nearly as much as your v8 cars. The thing is, these aren't even Honda's top end cars. You have the Honda S2000, which is quite amazing. A normally aspirated 4cyl, pushing 240hp. Rear wheel drive, with a 0-60 in high 5 secs. Even the New Accords v6 motors, are pretty darn fast. Now you get down to one of Honda's top end cars. Honda NSX-R, 280hp rear wheel drive. 0-60 4.8 secs. not bad for a normally aspirated v6? Keep in mind that honda made this car around 280, because in japan. The major companies "Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda" Decided to keep their top end cars around 280hp, they sort of came to in agreement. Although the other companies broke this little pact they had. Toyota pushing the supra over 300 with it's twin turbos, etc. Honda still stayed honorable, BUT not in the upcomming years. Honda plans to bring out a new top of the line car. with a V6, pushing at 300, or over 300. Which should do 0-60 in less than 3 secs. Now back to the civics, yes theirs plenty of "riced" civics out on the road that you see everyday, that get crushed by just about any cars. But please be respectable to the people who actually own civics that run with top of the line cars. Like turbo civics that push around 636hp, or 400hp civics. My friend who owns a 208 horsepower civic hatchback, is able to ride side by side, if not beat a z28 camaro.

conrad.maranan
10-19-2005, 06:27 PM
You obviously lack intelligence about any Honda's, especially civics.
Over here, we do our best to treat one another with respect. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. This is my thread and not once have I attacked anyone in this manner, regardless of how they feel towards the car mentioned in this topic.

Soulburner is a fellow moderator. He volunteers to devote his time towards making this forum a place where others will feel comfortable to share their thoughts and opinions. Kindly accord him with the same respect that you expect from others.

And by the way, welcome to XtremeSystems. :toast: Feel free to contact me or any member of the staff should you have any questions, problems, and/or concerns.

jimborae
10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=conrad.maranan]Over here, we do our best to treat one another with respect. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. This is my thread and not once have I attacked anyone in this manner, regardless of how they feel towards the car mentioned in this topic.

Soulburner is a fellow moderator. He volunteers to devote his time towards making this forum a place where others will feel comfortable to share their thoughts and opinions. Kindly accord him with the same respect that you expect from others..........[QUOTE]

I think Cancer found it difficult to treat Soulburner's comments & opinions with respect, as they came through a lack of knowledge & contained such inflammable comments such as

" I don't understand why you guys are talking about Civics and HP - those two things do not belong together in the same thread! "

As I said earlier some people obviously haven't heard about the Type-R Civics & it's not just about outright power. It's the power to weight ratio that counts.

My Civic will destroy much more powerful cars in a traffic light derby because it has a much better power to weight ratio.

conrad.maranan
10-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but there are more civilized ways of arguing on a forum.

I know what Hondas are capable of and I've been a part of the import scene before it was even a scene. My best friend founded and owns Intrinsic Performance Solutions and he is, in the eyes of many, the leader in K-series development. The only drawback to the new Civic Si is its weight. Other than that, it should still prove to be a viable option for those in the market for a pocket rocket.

I'm still considering the purchase of it in December. I just have to make sure that there will be enough money leftover for my newborn son. ;)

perry_78
10-20-2005, 07:34 AM
What about the BMW? Why change to a Honda when you have a BMW?

Get a 7 series, then youre covered.

And generic moan about cars being cheap in the US :)

conrad.maranan
10-20-2005, 10:33 AM
My wife drives the 530i. There is no way in hell we can afford to buy a 7-Series. If we had the money, I'd rather have an Audi anyway. :D

[XC] leviathan18
10-20-2005, 02:18 PM
conrad im going to be the proud owner of a civic lx 2006 vtec :D (here in venezuela is not the same as you showed just looks like the 2005) but anyway is pretty...

do you know where i can find some aftermarket parts for civics (turbos, or complete new engines?)

my mom has the 2005 530i and is damn nice... you can buy a M6, here in venezuela costs 250k $

conrad.maranan
10-20-2005, 06:36 PM
conrad im going to be the proud owner of a civic lx 2006 vtec :D (here in venezuela is not the same as you showed just looks like the 2005) but anyway is pretty...

do you know where i can find some aftermarket parts for civics (turbos, or complete new engines?)

my mom has the 2005 530i and is damn nice... you can buy a M6, here in venezuela costs 250k $
What engine does it come with in Venezuela? I'm guessing it's the D17 1.7L SOHC. Let me know and we can exchange some PMs. ;)

Soulburner
10-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Apples and Oranges...

cancer, you want to talk about the top end? We can do that...I was simply talking about the stock, daily driven aspect of the cars, yet you attack me claiming I "know nothing". Real mature...you must not know how easy it is and how well these cars respond to the slightest modifications...I won't even post numbers here because I don't feel its necessary. Just do some research.

MaxxxRacer
10-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Well i thoughti t was but ugly at first, but I drove the non SI EX coupe yesterday and i really like it. doenst have tons of torque, but what do u want from a 4 banger with 140hp that revs to 7krpm.

anyway, I will be getting one in the next few days.

and conrad is there any way to get this thing up to 220-250 horse without anything totally rediculous. Would like to stick to bolt ons... no shaving the block to increase compression ratio or boring the cylinders and putting custom pistons in...

Conrad, maybe I can stop by and we can have fun with it.

conrad.maranan
10-21-2005, 01:44 AM
Wow, Brian. You're going to drive! :eek: :banana:

Dude. How much are you guys going to pay for the car? Hit me up before you go and I'll hook you up with a fleet manager? Eliminate the middleman by purchasing the vehicle for what the dealer pays for it. If you're lucky, they'll have some incentives available to further drop the price. The sticker price on my 2005 Accord LX was around $20,500. That's just the sticker price without tax, license, and registration. I drove out of the dealership for $17,919 out the door. Same thing with our 530i. We saved around $6,000 by going to the fleet manager.

Seriously, shoot me a PM before you go. You may be thinking that you only have enough for a DX or LX coupe. But why settle for less when you can probably have the Si for the same price? :D The Si doesn't come out until Decemeber, though. It's seriously worth the wait, bro. K-series engines respond very well to the most basic of mods. You don't need oversized slugs, a longer stroke, a knife-edged crank, or a ported head to make that baby scream. K20s and K24s are the only way to go. Wait 'til Decemeber and get the Si. :cool:

MaxxxRacer
10-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Cant wait for the SI, and I dont want to drive a stick... just way too lazy..

Also need a car now.. cant bare taking the bus any longer..

Im actually getting the fully loaded EX with nav, as my dad is paying for it. I'll let him know what you said about the fleet manager.. hopefully save some money. thanks for the offer btw.

is the non SI a k or b motor?

edit: oh we are gonna pay ~21k fully loaded with lojack.

[XC] leviathan18
10-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Standard Engine
1.7L I4
Standard Transmission
5 speed M/T
Cylinders
Horsepower @ RPM
115@6100
Fuel Economy Cty/Hwy
29 / 38
Combined Fuel Economy
EPA Class
Compact
Number of Valves
Torque @ RPM
110@4500
Fuel Type/System
Gas Engine / Multi-Port Fuel Injecte

im guessing is the d17 with out vtec but i cant fin the exact model i know the d17a6 is vtec google isnt helping today :P

this is what i found here in venezuela the 2006 is the same as the 2005 but they changed some internals like the sound systems and other stuff , the si 2006 is coming next year for 40k $ and my mom doesnt want to pay that crazy amount of money

conrad.maranan
10-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Brian - The non-Si versions come with a new Honda engine: the R18. D, B, and H designations are history as far as the United States is concerned. There's a lot of optimism floating around when it comes to these R motors. I have yet to pop the hood of an '06 Civic, so I really don't know what to tell you.

If the automatic transmission-equipped R18s are anything like the automatic transmission-equipped K24A4 engines found in the Accord, you'll have a hard time doing fun things to it. My engine has a MAF sensor that prohibits me from installing any aftermarket intake system and/or engine management system. Shoot. Just plugging in a K-Pro and spending some time on a dyno would've netted me some good gains - even on a bone-stock motor. But I didn't buy the Accord for that reason. Otherwise, I would've just opted for the manual tranny, a K20A head swap, and my homeboy's stroker kit good for almost 2.7L. :D

I'm sure you know the benefits of having a manual tranny if you're looking to travel the performance route, so I'm not going to try and talk you into it. But then again, there's nothing quite like an automatic in L.A. traffic. :cool:

I'm confident a fleet manager can knock off at least $3,000 from that price. Does that quote you listed include tax, license, and registration?

leviathan18 - That's a D17 of some sort, I'm just not sure which one you guys have in Venezuela. You can increase the performance of any engine. The Civics control a good share of the aftermarket so you can find just about anything. If you have the money, try and source a K20A and swap it into the engine bay. :up:

[XC] leviathan18
10-21-2005, 12:12 PM
yes its a d17 without VTEC is the same LX 2005 you guys have in the usa

this is what i want to put under the hood http://dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_d17_stage_i.cfm

best i could find @ nice price

MaxxxRacer
10-21-2005, 12:36 PM
conrad, the LA traffic is the main thing... Considering the civics close ratio gear box, I would be shifting like mad to keep in a good power band.. Now I REALLY dont want to do that driving around here in this horrible traffic.. Much rather have the car do it for me.

I found out it was the R18 last night after some searching. Couldnt find any option parts for it yet, but I did find some good info. for one, it will not benefit from a cold air intake. On the dyno they removed the air filter and had a blower fan blowing at the intake and the car only gained 1hp over stock.

When i test drove the car I did notice something that could deffinetly be improved upon. The stock headers are just absolutley horrid. A nice 4-2-1 or 4-1 header matched up with a more free flowing exhaust will net some good HP. this would most liekly also allow for some gains on the intake side as well.

Also, reprogramming the ECU will most certainly gain some good power. The stock ECU is programmed to be absolutely as fuel effecient as possible. with some tweaking a good 15% more hp would be attainable.

MaxxxRacer
10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
thinking aobut it now.. im sure the SI and non SI have the same engine mounts and whatnot... possible to do a swap for the K20 motor?

[XC] leviathan18
10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
check 7thgencivic.com they have nice forums with 7th gen and 8th gen (7th gen is like the one im going to have) and 8th gen is the one you guys are going to have

they have pretty much all the info we need :) is the XS of civics lol

MaxxxRacer
10-21-2005, 01:31 PM
thanks for the link.

[XC] leviathan18
10-21-2005, 02:13 PM
if any of you know where i can find the LIDS for the 2005 sedan i would appreciate the link (those guys of 7thgen are quite slow answering or perhaps they are tired of answering the same kind of questions)

Xyus89
10-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Honda is very good, my father had an Honda jeep crv untill some stupid guy with a totally tuned honda integra R wasn't looking on the road and crashed into my dad :(

I am prolly going to get someday a honda.

xyus

cancer
10-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I wasn't trying to be mean, i was just making a point. Sorry if it sounded harsh, it's the way i am i guess.

MaxxxRacer
10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
cancer, 300hp wont get u sub 3 second 0-60 times... not possible.. well let me rephrase.. its not posible in ANYTHING but a lotus elise... If the car is any heavier it wotn get even close to sub 3 with 300hp no matter what you do to it.

currently the only sub 3 car that is street legal is the 750HP Saleen S7 with a small block V-8 and twin turbos. Not even the modded Ruff Turb, McLaren F1, or Ferrari Enzo can match the Saleens 0-60 times.. And all of these cars are 500+HP.

conrad.maranan
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
There's more to intakes than just the tube and filter. Removing the factory intake and using a fan to try and replicate a force of wind means nothing.

I just finished detailing my car and now my wife wants to go grab dinner. I'll be back in a few hours and we'll pick up from here. :up:

[XC] leviathan18
10-21-2005, 04:51 PM
nice :toast: buy a turbo kit and tell me how it does :P

conrad.maranan
10-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Damn it! I just typed out a ridiculously long and detailed post and IE crashes on me right when I press "Post Quick Reply." Screw that. I'm going to bed.

Brian - Let me know when you guys are planning to buy the car.

Soulburner
10-22-2005, 02:08 AM
cancer, 300hp wont get u sub 3 second 0-60 times... not possible.. well let me rephrase.. its not posible in ANYTHING but a lotus elise... If the car is any heavier it wotn get even close to sub 3 with 300hp no matter what you do to it.

currently the only sub 3 car that is street legal is the 750HP Saleen S7 with a small block V-8 and twin turbos. Not even the modded Ruff Turb, McLaren F1, or Ferrari Enzo can match the Saleens 0-60 times.. And all of these cars are 500+HP.
Actually the ZL1 pulled a 2.8 but only one was made (the new one not the old one).

And it was N/A, no power adders. And it's a big, HEAVY american car :rolleyes:

[XC] leviathan18
10-22-2005, 04:58 AM
Damn it! I just typed out a ridiculously long and detailed post and IE crashes on me right when I press "Post Quick Reply." Screw that. I'm going to bed.

Brian - Let me know when you guys are planning to buy the car.

well there is something called firefox you know???? :fact:

cancer
10-22-2005, 12:13 PM

Ok i'm talking about a HONDA, not a Saleen, Mclaren F1, or Ferrari Enzo.
The new corvette is putting out 400hp chevrolet claims, and is doing 0-60 in 4.5. The NSX-R is only putting out 280hp, and it does 0-60 in 4.8 which is two miliseconds slower than a 400hp vehicle. And i don't think i have to tell anyone how much a small increase in a Honda's horsepower will make it go.
Plus it might be pushed over 300hp. BTW does anyone know the 0-60 times of the new civics?

MaxxxRacer
10-22-2005, 12:57 PM
the non SI is in the 8's and the Si is in the 7's.

conrad, i know there is more to it than that.. but not a WHOLE lot... atleast not for normally asperated (sp). the only other think i could think of is to replace the intake manifold.. next step would be the valves, lifters, camshafts, etc. but that isnt strictly intake.

We will be getting the car sometime next week. the car broker is gonna bring it over. I appreciate your offer, but my father is being an idiot and doesnt want anyone to help him... so he gets to pay a higher price.. BUT if im ever buying a car for myself, I will deffinetly have to hit u up on ur offer.

soulburner, but that ZL1 was pumping out over 700HP and over 600ft lbs of torque... you really cant compare that .. and it was a one off which was 100% not street legal. (atleast not in CA)

Cancer, lets break this down. the Lotus elise, a mid engine rear wheel drive car does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds i believe. It has 190hp and weights 1900 pounds the NSX has a similar layout but weights about 3100 pouds. A little under twice the weight of the lotus. Currently the NSX does 0-60 in 5 seconds flat with 290 hp and 225 torque.

to gain 0-60 time, the power needed is exponential due to friction and drag forces. So its sitting at 4.9 seconds with ~300hp.... u want 2.8 seconds. That is 1.75 times faster... Now lets say the power needed was linear (which its not). That would mean you would need 507hp to hit 0-60 in 2.8 seconds... But as I said the power needed is not linear, but rather exponential. So this means that you would need power in the range of 600-800hp..

I hope that clears things up a bit..

Also, one more thing. To get really good 0-60 times u need speed shifting. I dont mean a regular shifter (with a guy that shifts really fast), i mean paddle shifting.. Which, as of now the NXS does NOT have. If you check an issue of road and track where they do the standing mile you will see what I mean about shift times. They have an F1 car which uses paddle shifts as well as numerous other cars including the corvette and dodge viper. comparing the acceleration curves, you will see large flat s pots on the viper and vette where the F1 car is a smooth curve with no flat spots (0 acceleration at flat spots). While the vette and viper are not the NSX, it illustrates my point that the tranny plays a large factor in 0-60 times as well as a host of other things including, tire width, tire compound, drivetrain friction, aerodynamics, and the list goes on.

conrad.maranan
10-22-2005, 03:24 PM
We will be getting the car sometime next week. the car broker is gonna bring it over. I appreciate your offer, but my father is being an idiot and doesnt want anyone to help him... so he gets to pay a higher price.. BUT if im ever buying a car for myself, I will deffinetly have to hit u up on ur offer.
Your Dad doesn't want to save a few thousands? :eek: It's all good. With the money you saved, you could've picked up a nice set of wheels, some decent shocks and springs, a Porter Cable 7424, and a good supply of detailing products and premium microfiber towels.

Hit me up when you need a place for detailing goods. ;) I do hope that you will be washing your car yourself and not running it through those terrible car washes.

[XC] leviathan18
10-22-2005, 06:41 PM
lucky guys that are going to have 8th generation :( im stuck with a 7th generation well at least is a nice car we can create a XS honda club

MaxxxRacer
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Well conrad its not my money so any money saved goes right back to my dad... any work done to the car will be paid for by me..

As to washing... I live in a Condo and we are not allowed to wash the car, but there is a guy at my dads work (capitol records) that does AMAZING had washes for 20 bucks, and fully details the interior. My dads 03' Accord looks like it just drove off the showroom floor becuase of this guy. He also does clay waxing and other fun stuff, but that is just stupidly expensive.

For the waxing and whatnot, I will have to hit you up on where to get that and techniques on how to get a good wax. " Porter Cable 7424" I will assume that is for the buffing.... on a side note, porter cable rocks.

Also I found out the wheel + tire weighs in at a stupidly high 45 pounds.. I'd really like to get a set of 18" Mugen magnesium wheels and some 35 series yokohama tires to get the weight down. my barbor had a set of mugens that weighed in at a staggering 12 pounds per rim.

In regard to the R18, Honda really screwed the tuning scene with this engine.. It has a built in header so that you cant replace it, aswell as the downtube of the header being the CAT. So to put a full on catback exhaust system you would have to remove the cat and in Cali that is isanely illegal.. Its a crying shame if u ask me.

[XC] leviathan18
10-23-2005, 04:29 AM
if you find a catback carb legal you can use it right?

cancer
10-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Well conrad its not my money so any money saved goes right back to my dad... any work done to the car will be paid for by me..

As to washing... I live in a Condo and we are not allowed to wash the car, but there is a guy at my dads work (capitol records) that does AMAZING had washes for 20 bucks, and fully details the interior. My dads 03' Accord looks like it just drove off the showroom floor becuase of this guy. He also does clay waxing and other fun stuff, but that is just stupidly expensive.

For the waxing and whatnot, I will have to hit you up on where to get that and techniques on how to get a good wax. " Porter Cable 7424" I will assume that is for the buffing.... on a side note, porter cable rocks.

Also I found out the wheel + tire weighs in at a stupidly high 45 pounds.. I'd really like to get a set of 18" Mugen magnesium wheels and some 35 series yokohama tires to get the weight down. my barbor had a set of mugens that weighed in at a staggering 12 pounds per rim.

In regard to the R18, Honda really screwed the tuning scene with this engine.. It has a built in header so that you cant replace it, aswell as the downtube of the header being the CAT. So to put a full on catback exhaust system you would have to remove the cat and in Cali that is isanely illegal.. Its a crying shame if u ask me.

They usually do that to the LX, HX, and DX models. The EX should have headers, and a cat underneath the car.

Holst
10-23-2005, 08:15 AM

LOL maxx...

Elise is HEAVY..

What you want is a caterham, 200hp can get you under 4 second 0-60.
Or around 3 with the 260hp engine

Obviously top speed is limited by the aerodynamics... but its rapid acceleration

http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/sevens/csr.htm

Ariel attom will do 0-60 in under 3 with only 220hp vtec .. only weighs 456kg though :P

MaxxxRacer
10-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Elise Heavy????? You are mad my friend!!! 1900 pounds... They even have an option to remove the air conditioning, radio, and floormates for you to save some weight..

But the scary part is they are coming out with a hardtop model that weighs a good few 100 pounds less and has several hundred percent stiffer body and considerably stiffer suspension. Road and track described it as needing a mouthgaurd so that you wont shatter your teeth.

Cancer, I poped the hood of an EX a few days ago.. It is most certainly the 1 piece header with the CAT on the front downtube where the headers would normally be... Its really annoying as its but f'ing ugly.

furyfax
10-24-2005, 04:28 AM
I've got a boner.
Thats a cute & sexy car. But V.A.T is 26% here in Norway and the government demands even more money in other forms. So cars in norway are too xpensive. Thats why i drive a old but sexy Honda CRX

fatfreepork
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Maxxracer - before you go out and buy. test drive the mazda 3. The handling is as good as it gets in Fwd. The 2.3l is 160hp and the new 2.0l has 151hp with vvt for 2006. Also for 2006 a 5-speed auto [im assuming you want that] is base replacing the 4 speed. Ive tried out the 2005 automatic 148hp 2.0l engine and it had nice pull in a 4-2 downshift. Ended up with a 2005 mazda3 hatchback 2.3L manual. Its as fast as the new Si and refinement is as good as honda. Mileage with the 3 though is a bit iffy. For no reason whatsoever it will get between 18 and 35mpg with the same driving habits, same roads traveled, and same traffic. Normally mpg is around 30 with 3000-3500rpm shifts. Its also much sexier than the civic [imo]. Seats are sporty, interior is very sexy, sound system is pretty decent and the steering wheel is from the Rx-8.

MaxxxRacer
10-27-2005, 02:58 AM
Civic is alredy on its way from the docks..

TBH I checked out hte Mazda 3 and it didnt impress me that much. Never rest drove it , but from my readings and whatnot it didnt stackup to the Civic when price to options are considered. Also, the minimum of 30mpg with max of around 44 (reports ive read) mpg with the civic, it provides great fuel economy.

fatfreepork
10-27-2005, 02:47 PM
44mpg can barely be reached by the prius. A manual civic EX should get about 32-35 and a auto should get 30-32 and thats with letting it shift before Vtec kicks in.

conrad.maranan
10-27-2005, 03:23 PM
44MPG is a very conservative number given by the EPA. I drive a Hybrid at work once a week and the gauge reveals anywhere between 56MPG to 60MPG while driving on the freeway at 70MPH.

My co-worker owns a Prius that averages in the mid-50s throughout the duration of a full tank. :up:

The Prius rocks for fuel economy! :rocker:

fatfreepork
10-27-2005, 04:40 PM
we rented a prius for a week and it got 39mpg with our normal driving

conrad.maranan
10-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Well, rentals are usually abused so there's a chance it wasn't in perfect working order. There are too many factors involved that affect fuel economy so our comparisons wouldn't exactly be scientific. :) Driving habits, street vs. highway, road conditions, weather, and so on...all of these things affect the average MPG.

On a side note, I average around 37 miles per gallon on my Accord. My trip odometer, which I reset at every fill-up, read 527 miles when I pulled up to the gas station last night. I filled it up to the top and the pump meter read 14.0xx gallons. It's not a hybrid and I haven't even made the switch to synthetic 0W/20 oil yet. :up:

MaxxxRacer
10-27-2005, 05:39 PM
wow conrad.. thats insane.. do u drive lead footed??

what tips do you have to get such great mileage?

I think if I follow your tips i should be getting like 45-50mpg.. lol. that would be nice.

fatfreepork
10-27-2005, 06:49 PM
keep the tires pumped, let it shift before the power band (vtec kicking in), and when you see a red light ahead, quickly get off the gas cus its all waste after that. Thats mainly how i do it.

conrad.maranan
10-27-2005, 07:17 PM
I used to own a 1995 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. In the instrument cluster, there was a generic digital gauge for fuel economy. There was no point in trying to drive that car fast - it wasn't a race car. But it had good power, was like a luxury sofa on wheels, and averaged 18 miles per gallon (Premium Unleaded).

Anyway, I got into the habit of always looking at my fuel economy gauge and trying to figure out how to squeeze more miles out of a gallon. I found that the following helped:

- Do not hard launch the car from a dead stop. Just roll off of the line.
- Get to your desired cruising speed as fast as you can without flooring the accelerator. You don't want to take your sweet time getting into the next gear as this will increase fuel consumption.
- Do not slam on the brakes. Slow down gradually.
- When you're at cruising speed on the highway, try to maintain the same pedal pressure. Excessive accelerator fluctuation (rocking the car) drops your fuel efficiency.

Keep the engine in solid tune. That goes without saying if you love your car anyway. As I mentioned to you in a PM before, I pump my tires 10PSI over the maximum pressure indicated on the sidewall. Some may argue that this isn't safe, but I think that the sidewall markings are fairly conservative. I've been doing this for years on my non-performance vehicles without any problems and my tires have always exceeded the manufacturers' predicted lifespan.

And of course, my car is always as slick as butter. It's rare that you'll ever catch me with waterspots or more than 2 days worth of dust. It's cheesy, but I have it in my head that a clean, sealed and waxed vehicle is aerodynamic. That's good for 0.000001523 more miles per gallon. :D

MaxxxRacer
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Conrad, I think that 0.000001523 miles per gallon is a bit optimistic.

BUT one of the reasons that the new Civic gets such good mileage is that it has an incredibly low drag coeffecient. Thats why you will notice that the windshield is raked back very far.

fatfree, I have always done that when I drive. Just inherit to me to do that as that is EXACTLY what I do when I ride my bike to save energy. The less acceleration and braking you can do the better. Saves the breaks, saves the gas.

1 other thing that you guys should consider is acetone. As I'm sure you have read on the forums here, it provides a 10-40%~ increase in gase mileage. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Even for 10% more its well worth it.

"- Get to your desired cruising speed as fast as you can without flooring the accelerator."

hmm.. Just have to keep it under 3500 rpm with the R18 and ur safe for that one (thats where the fuel economy valve shuts off) .. But I must admit that during my test driving I kept the RPM's in Vtec levels for a good portion of the time.. Its just more fun that way ;)

conrad.maranan
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
1 other thing that you guys should consider is acetone. As I'm sure you have read on the forums here, it provides a 10-40%~ increase in gase mileage. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Even for 10% more its well worth it.
There's too much hype behind that acetone propaganda. I'm not buying into it because there isn't enough research that reveals its long-term effects on an engine and the components that comprise the fuel system.

You're not going to add acetone to the fuel of your brand spankin' new Civic now, are you? :slapass:

MaxxxRacer
10-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Im gonna run the first few tanks without it and then do 2 tanks on a trial basis to see if my mileage is any beter. If it is, I will stick with it. If not then ohwell...

Considering how little amount of acetone will actually be in the gas I'm really not concerned about it hurting anything.

Soulburner
10-28-2005, 10:56 AM
IMO 0-20 is too thin...you may as well pour water in there...i'd stick with a 0-30. Same initial and cold starting but better high temp protection.

conrad.maranan
10-28-2005, 11:03 AM
5W/20 is what Honda recommends for the K24A4 engine. 0W/20 will be good. ;)

MaxxxRacer
10-29-2005, 12:02 PM
anyone know what they reccomend for the R18..

and what do the numbers mean? 5W/20 for instance?

calcal
10-29-2005, 12:18 PM
anyone know what they reccomend for the R18..

and what do the numbers mean? 5W/20 for instance?

5w/20 i think they are talking about motor oil

MaxxxRacer
10-29-2005, 01:08 PM
I know that. just want to know which each of the two numbers means.

Oh a bit of info here for everyone. I just found out that the PC Card thing on the civic (only for navi models) is acutally a PCMIA card. so if you want to put ur CF card into the car for ur music u just need an adapter. I found a CF Type 2 adapter for 7 dollars, so its not much of a concern.

conrad.maranan
10-29-2005, 06:10 PM
The numbers indicate the viscosity of the oil. The W stands for Winter. When you first start up your engine, you're running a 5 weight oil. Once you get to normal operating temperature, you'll be at 20 weight. A lower number means a thinner oil.

Just got back from Costco. They no longer have Mobil 1 Synthetic in 0W/20. Shoot. They didn't even have 5W/20 in stock. And then I checked the Mobil 1 site just before I logged on here and it looks like they dropped the 0W/20 from their product line. It's all good. I'll just pick up a case of 5W/20 from Wal-Mart.

MaxxxRacer
10-29-2005, 06:44 PM
ahh ok..Around here 0W would be perfect as there is no real winter around here.

[XC] leviathan18
10-29-2005, 06:52 PM
mmmm the one im buying comes with mp3 and 6 disc changer in dash, this would last until i get 1400$ for my pioneer dvd (anyone know where i can buy it cheaper?)

here we dont have the navi option :(

MaxxxRacer
10-29-2005, 09:07 PM
no navi!!! BOO!!!

I just bought the PC-Card (PCMCIA) adapter for my CF card so i can run my 1GB cf cards full of mp3's in my car. Between that and a 700mb CD, I should be doing pretty well as far as music. Roughly 340 songs between the two...

[XC] leviathan18
10-30-2005, 05:27 AM
well the player it has the car stock comes with a 6 cd changer in dash

so that is 700x6=4.2gb i dont complain @ all until i get my dvd...

we dont have nai options because with dont have navi maps for our country so its useless here :(

what im getting along with the dvd is module from pioneer that shows speed meter tacometer lateral g force estimated HP output and a few things more is pretty nice

MaxxxRacer
10-30-2005, 12:40 PM
wowzers.. it has all of that. that is pretty f'ing cool.

4.2gb.. good point. But the navi does allow you to browse through you music in a very nice way. Its almost like musicmatch for your car.

I think I will be needing to spend the 225 dollars for a 4Gb CF card in the nearby future.

[XC] leviathan18
10-30-2005, 01:01 PM
why you dont get a ipod controller module and an ipod???? i think is better isnt it?

MaxxxRacer
10-30-2005, 04:47 PM
I have an ipod, but it is borked at the moment.

and the ipod controller costs ~250 dollars without installation. And installation will be insanely expensive because you have to tear out the dash to install it.

SOOO CF cards it is for now. In the future I will most likely get another ipod (or try to get mine fixed), and MAYBE get the ipod link if I can find a shop that will install it for a reasonable price.

And no I wont install it myself. Tearing out car interiours never ends well and things end up rattling after i put it all back together.

[XC] leviathan18
10-30-2005, 04:56 PM
lol ive done all my I.C.E. installations myself and well i think they are quite nice...

im thinkin about getting the link stuff from ipod for the pioneer dvd and buy a used 4th gen 20gb ipod cheap and just leave it in the car

mmmm now im trying to figure out which exhaust system buy for my LX i want something nice and with low sound... perhaps (HKS)

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 09:25 AM
Ya i was looking for the same thing (exhasut)... But I wont buy ANYTHING unless it improves performance. Personally I hate ricers.. they are just nuisances.. If it just makes noise or looks flashy , but doesnt make it for faster / handle beter , it was wasted money.

Also for now there isnt much of any options for cat back exhausts for the 06 civic.

You are temping me to get a new pod and the adapter kit.. sigh..

In any case I think my first mod will be some Kosei K1 TS 17x7",s and some Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/45-YR17. From the stock EX rims this setup will save me 3lbs per wheel/tire combo (40.1lbs stock - 37.1 for my setup) for a total of 12 pounds of unsprung weight (which if you didnt know is huge). As well as the weight savings the slightly wider Eagles will get me some sweet traction due to their excelent tread design and softer rubber compound.

All of that will cost 1440 from tiretrack.com. I will search around for a better deal, but I have to admit that is quite a nice deal considering most of the other performance rims I was looking at are 2-3x the cost. One set of rims would have cost over 1500 alone, minus the tires..

conrad.maranan
10-31-2005, 10:50 AM
leviathan18 - HKS makes good exhaust systems. They're never too loud or obnoxious.

Brian - When it's time for you to buy an exhaust system, I want you to find the biggest coffee can-looking mufflers available and mount them tilting to the side at the most gangster angle possible. Better yet, install two on each side. Once you have that squared away, order the tallest wing you can find for the trunk lid and get one that is half the size for the rear roof panel. Finishing touches should include clear tail lights, an underbody lighting kit, and decals for every manufacturer that doesn't want to have anything to do with your vehicle. :D

EDIT:
This one's for you, Brian. :lol:

http://www.ricedrides.com/gallery/wings.JPG

http://www.ricedrides.com/gallery/bmwrice.JPG

http://www.ricedrides.com/gallery/lude2.JPG

[XC] leviathan18
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
perfomance gain from exhaust dependes mostly in the header (my car will be year 2006 but is 7th generation is like the 2005 overthere in usa) if you find a nice header the 4-2-1 you will improve something.... besides i think you gain more with cold air intake

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Cant do a header replacement with the R18 as the header is part of the cylinder head. It was cast as one piece to save money.

OMG Conrad.. Whoever riced up a 3 series needs to have their bank account locked and their brain removed.. oh wait they dont have a brain.. nvm.. How about just burrying them.

conrad.maranan
10-31-2005, 11:53 AM
leviathan18 - Headers are what truly opens up the flow, so you are correct. In California, we are required to run catalytic convertors in our exhaust systems. Whenever I upgrade the exhaust side of my vehicles, I always make it a point to move to a less restrictive catalytic convertor that is sized to match the diameter of my exhaust piping. If these (http://www.dcsports.com/default.asp) are available in your country, I think they're pretty decent for off-the-shelf parts. :up:

As far as exhausts and intakes are concerned (or any performance part for that matter), the true potential of the upgrade is only realized once the computer is tuned. You can install every bolt-on known to mankind, but you're not getting the most out of it unless you spend some time on a dyno with a competent tuner.

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Much agreed with conrad there. Tuners can make or break a car.

Now I just hope that there is some ECU tunning options for the R18 in the non too distant future.

BUT i thought it was illegal to even change the CAT out here in cali? Am I wrong?

conrad.maranan
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
BUT i thought it was illegal to even change the CAT out here in cali? Am I wrong?
It's illegal to replace a functional unit. But who's going to know anyway? :D

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 12:22 PM
OOOOO ic... what a dumb rule..

If they ask to see it i will take a hammer to the CAT ;).. if htey ask what happened... I will say the CAT bandit got it...

[XC] leviathan18
10-31-2005, 12:47 PM
afaik you guys in cali have to pass some sort of emission test....

the EX uses r18????? they dont use d17? and i think there are carb legal exhaust for cali...

conrad those DC sport looks very very nice, but my concern is about noise i want a nice noise but very low... perfomance wise most headers hits the low range of RPM but you will see the advantage in high rpms, cold air intake help you in the whole range...

now ive seen some ecu that they bring the software and a usb cable so you can adjust it yourself they are pretty expensive (1k$) but you can play with it...

i use this http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com website to search for rims but if you have a better one hand it :P

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
that place doesnt have the Kosei rims i want.. :(

I am in the same boat as levianthan for mods. It MUST be quiet as anything done to the car needs to fit under the sleeper category wether the car is on or off.

I say this becuase my friend had an Integra Type-R that was a sleeper, except for when u turn it on and it blows ur eardrums in half with the 3inch HKS exhaust and HKS turbo.

[XC] leviathan18
10-31-2005, 05:54 PM
maybe i will buy some enkei rims...

well ive read some hks exhaust are pretty silent, but im not 100% sure what is silent and besides that i want to know how does it sound....

i have a question what do you guys mean when you said "riced" i dont get it...

i think you should head to a exhaust shop and ask if you r18 they can add a better header and the cat they should do it...

if you guys want something nice for your car i was checkin autometer site today and i found these babies http://www.autometer.com/demos/nexus/ best thing ive seen in a long time....

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Riced:

Ricer [risse-urr] N.
[Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt]

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their economy sedan (mostly import cars from japan hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are

Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
Lots of after-market company stickers they saw on cars in the Fast & Furious
Cold Air Intake- a tube that feeds cold air to their high performance hamsters.

Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, Mitsubishi Eclipses, Toyota Camrys, Corollas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that there are many high performance import cars as well that are designed to go fast that are often mislabeled as "rice". Such cars as supras, skylines, wrx', NSX, Evo IV, etc.. fall into this category. Unfortunately, in today's world cars like this still must be handled on a case-by-case basis.

The ricer attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles. (example: mexican=mini trucks; african americans=escalades; etc..) These crackers are also known to talk a lot of shat about their cars too. The best place to see a ricer is in his native habitat, any mall parking lot.

Here are the three main areas you need to visit in order to understand the true art of rice and other car types all the way:

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 06:39 PM
I could go to a shop and have them take a saw to my header and bolt on a nice set of custo mmade 4-2-1 headers. BUT i like the resale value of my car and plan to sell it totaly stock. so any mods need to be reversable and I will be keeping ALL of the stock components.

I know this may sound wierd, but people see tweaked out cars and run of the hills becuase they think the previous owner drove it like they had the gas peadel expoxied to the floorboards and the brake removed.

fatfreepork
10-31-2005, 08:21 PM
dont get HKS, they are poop, all japanese exhausts are poop. Look at borla, bosal, flowmaster, and magnaflow.

MaxxxRacer
10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
lol fatfree. Its a jap car... I wouldnt trust American parts on my jap car. For hondas HKS is pretty much unbeatable.

conrad.maranan
10-31-2005, 10:29 PM
dont get HKS, they are poop, all japanese exhausts are poop. Look at borla, bosal, flowmaster, and magnaflow.
You're kidding, right? I had Flowmasters on my '66 Mustang and they sounded like crap after about a year. My sister had a Magnaflow on her Integra and it sounded like a glasspack from the junkyard within a few months.

My '91 MR2 Turbo was sponsored by HKS and I know for a fact that they are a good company. Magnaflow, Dynomax, Bosal...they've got nothing on HKS quality.
:fact:

fatfreepork
10-31-2005, 10:29 PM
hks exhausts are seriously :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty no matter the car. only good HKS products are their turbos. i had an HKS catback for my ZX3 and i lost 3hp lowend, gained 2hp top end. Switched to Bosal and am now looking at 11HP gains through the powerband

fatfreepork
10-31-2005, 10:32 PM
You're kidding, right? I had Flowmasters on my '66 Mustang and they sounded like crap after about a year. My sister had a Magnaflow on her Integra and it sounded like a glasspack from the junkyard within a few months.

My '91 MR2 Turbo was sponsored by HKS and I know for a fact that they are a good company. Magnaflow, Dynomax, Bosal...they've got nothing on HKS quality.
:fact:

hey, if you're all for fart-cans then suit yourself.

i forgot to mention that Greddy sucks too.

pacesetter makes good headers. check to see if they have one that fits your civic. Also look for a UDP for your car. ~$100 for at least 8-10hp gains

KoHaN69
10-31-2005, 10:32 PM
http://www.short-media.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=784&stc=1

KoHaN69
10-31-2005, 10:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/jayzeth99/Big20Muffler20Civic.jpg

conrad.maranan
10-31-2005, 11:05 PM

pacesetter makes good headers. check to see if they have one that fits your civic. Also look for a UDP for your car. ~$100 for at least 8-10hp gains
No, I'm not into "fart cans." I'm not the one who recommended Magnaflow.

I take it you have experience with these exhausts that you mention. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but recommending options such as a Pacesetter header leaves me wondering.

[XC] leviathan18
10-31-2005, 11:46 PM
now i get it thanks maxxx....

well i guess fatfreepork that your exhaust and header wasnt very wll engineered (Sp) but i think hks greddy they should do pretty well with honda cars...

i also understand what you mean maxxx i dont want to add something to my car that i couldnt change after.... so i want everything to PnP so when the times comes i can sell the parts and put the car back to stock.

do you guys know any other etailer that sells car audio stuff, other tan cardomain and crutchfield.... i want really low prices xD

MaxxxRacer
11-01-2005, 12:16 AM
yup. selling the parts and selling the car as stock will net you the least loss of investment.

PPL just arnt willing to pay for the extra gear that you put into a car, muchless want to pay normal prices for it due to the supposed wear and tear of the crazy driver that put all thos upgrade parts on there. ohwell. but thats life.

for the audio stuff I would say u best bet is to go to ur local places to see what they have for pricing. Might be able to haggle with them and get a better deal. BUT i dont know what the pricing structure for audio gear is like out there in caracas.

[XC] leviathan18
11-01-2005, 05:26 AM
insane that is the price i.e. if the dvd pioneer i like costs in usa 1400$ here in venezuela is near 2600$

MaxxxRacer
11-01-2005, 09:49 PM
i thought that might be the case.. Looks like buying from the US is the way to go... how are your import taxes?

Mehmet_Ali
11-01-2005, 10:37 PM
faboulous

[XC] leviathan18
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
import taxes well they are PRETTY DAMN HIGH like 50% or something like that but i always send the stuff i buy to my aunts house and she uses some obscure shipping method and i dont pay importa taxes xD

MaxxxRacer
11-02-2005, 03:34 PM
VERY nice trick u got there leviathan. Glad your able toget good prices.

on a side note i drove my dads 03' honda accord EX V6. Its a fun car, but as he has said the throttle is very annoying. you have to be very light with it or you end up jerking it around, and you must hold your foot up at all times or you will end up going alot faster than you want to which cuases your foot to hurt after a while of driving.

On the other hand the civic is alot more comfortable to drive.. But it does lack about 100 less hp than the accord..

[XC] leviathan18
11-02-2005, 03:58 PM
lol my mitsu galant v6 is the same i can run out of gas in 1 day if i want but is fun to go over 200km/h

too bad my mom is coming from uk and she is going to use that car... so i will have the civic...

i drove an LX 02 today is pretty nice but i think it lacks of strength @ 2 gear dunno why is way to slow

k3n.chu
11-04-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm just curious to know if anyone is planning to purchase the 2006 Honda Civic Si. Personally, I think the car looks like a sportier version of the Saturn Ion (yuck), but the performance seems pretty promising despite the car's heavy weight. No need for a engine swap from an RSX Type-S either considering the car comes equipped with a K20Z3.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36698&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36699&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36700&stc=1

no rwd? no care.

s2k is still my car =)

MaxxxRacer
11-04-2005, 01:50 PM
S2k, while being a SWEET car, has a bit of a price premium over the civic. :D

Not to jinx myself here, but my Civic EX w/navi SHOULD be here today!

[XC] leviathan18
11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
wooohooooo nice send some pics ASAP i want to see it :P you lucky guy

calcal
11-04-2005, 03:12 PM
S2k, while being a SWEET car, has a bit of a price premium over the civic. :D

Not to jinx myself here, but my Civic EX w/navi SHOULD be here today!
coupe or 4 door?

stick or auto?

MaxxxRacer
11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
coupe auto..

Well the broker is being is normal :banana::banana::banana: self and didnt get us the car.

I talked to a local dealer and they have the car and will give me a better deal. Gonna go on sunday and pray the car is still there.. gonna kill someone if its not.

conrad.maranan
11-04-2005, 09:09 PM
You would've had your car a long time ago if your pops wasn't so stubborn. :slapass:

MaxxxRacer
11-05-2005, 12:46 AM
he isnt stubborn.. he is stupid.

Stewie007
11-05-2005, 05:38 AM

Fart pipe is more accurate. At least that's what I call em.. :p

fatfreepork
11-07-2005, 12:57 AM
no rwd? no care.

s2k is still my car =)

yeah i got a 1997 kouki with the ka24de. if i cant find a rb26det then i'll go for an sr20det swap

fatfreepork
11-07-2005, 12:58 AM
well i guess fatfreepork that your exhaust and header wasnt very wll engineered (Sp) but i think hks greddy they should do pretty well with honda cars...

i dont know about build quality, but i'm about to take the thing off my s14

Soulburner
11-08-2005, 01:01 AM
/agreed on the Pacesetters

A set will be on the way to my house any day ;)

Will post sound clips when its all finished, though this isn't a Civic ;)

http://home.neb.rr.com/soulburner/My%20Ride/WS6Avatar2.jpg

gkiing
11-10-2005, 10:43 PM
/agreed on the Pacesetters

A set will be on the way to my house any day ;)

Will post sound clips when its all finished, though this isn't a Civic ;)

http://home.neb.rr.com/soulburner/My%20Ride/WS6Avatar2.jpg

pacesetter exhausts are junk

[XC] leviathan18
11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
maxx what happened with your car???? any news ????

MaxxxRacer
11-13-2005, 04:36 PM
hopefully tommorow.. apparently the gas pedal was messed up on the latest batch and it would stick so that you couldnt let off the gas... a rather dangerous issue..

I will let u know if i get it tommorow.

[XC] leviathan18
11-13-2005, 05:33 PM
LOL that is dangerous....

well me wants to see pics of the car :D

dogmaxx
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
me too..but why was the gas pedel sticking you should check that the gas cabel is not busted or that the cabel is in right...is it an auto or manual

MaxxxRacer
11-14-2005, 12:52 AM
no idea why it was sticking.. They recalled them so we will never know.

the issue was on all of them..

BUt the logical thing to do in that situation would be to put the car in neutral, come to a stop, turn off the car and then put the parking break on.

Gadflyii
11-14-2005, 08:49 AM

Yes...

Front wheel drive 4 banger with a weak transmission

for the insane amount of money you would have to spend on this car to get it over 500 wheel horsepower you could buy a real sports car......

MaxxxRacer
11-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Much agreed with Gadflyii..

civic is a great car, but anyone trying to put 500hp into it needs to have their head examined.

IMO, a nice project car would start off with a nice paddle shifting manual, aerodynamic body, good suspension geometry, rear wheel drive, be a coupe, and have either an I-6 or V-8 (or something larger if ur thus inclinded)..

no open air cars as they have horrid torsional rigidity.

fatfreepork
11-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Is 350 :)

MaxxxRacer
11-14-2005, 05:52 PM
while the IS350 is a great car it wouldnt be a great project car i dont think.. besides that, its tanny is a pidley automatic... it may have paddle shift, but its just there for show and is totaly useless. it just makes u think ur driving a manual..

now the FXXX gearbox is what a car should be built on.. near F1 speed paddle shifting.. Ferrari said that its just minutely slower than their F1 race cars.

[XC] leviathan18
11-14-2005, 07:37 PM
i like rotary like the rx-7 rx-8 also toyota supra and skyline (i have top gear magazine with some pics of the new gt-r and looks :slobber: ) also honda s2000 and acura rsx type r

conrad.maranan
11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Yes...

Front wheel drive 4 banger with a weak transmission

for the insane amount of money you would have to spend on this car to get it over 500 wheel horsepower you could buy a real sports car......
You don't need 500hp in a Civic to move quickly. 250hp to the wheels in normally-aspirated trim is plenty. $4,500, proper gearing and suspension, and a good driver are your ticket to 12s in a Civic.

MaxxxRacer
11-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I want 250whp in my EX :(

fatfreepork
11-15-2005, 01:38 AM
build your own turbo kit. You can make about 30-50 WHP with $600-$800 in parts. Its sorta like watercooling. :) You can a get custom mandrel bent downpipe and an intercooler for even more.

theres many boltons, but i doubt theres many out there for your application because its a new engine. you can always drop in a k&n filter. $30 and its good for 2-3HP and 2-3MPG boost. You can get a previous gen air intake and mod it to fit. That'll give you a sweet sound and 3-4HP.

its got plenty of power for everyday driving already. Add a sporty suspension to the mix and its great fun to drive. its only got struts up front. Even the hyundai sonata has a double wishbone suspension up front. a set of cheap dropzones will help too...

[XC] leviathan18
11-15-2005, 06:59 AM
for 250whp you will need a II stage turbo kit... but with a t3t4 garret i thin at least 200whp you can achieve maybe less cuz yours is auto....

Gadflyii
11-15-2005, 09:17 AM
You don't need 500hp in a Civic to move quickly. 250hp to the wheels in normally-aspirated trim is plenty. $4,500, proper gearing and suspension, and a good driver are your ticket to 12s in a Civic.

I suppose it is all a matter of perception... to me 12's is the starting point, not the ending point.

MaxxxRacer
11-15-2005, 09:56 AM
fat free, deffinetly gonna look into some new suspension members. prolly gonna get a heavier rear anti-roll bar as the car understeer stock. hopefully that will balance that out.

also get some new shocks and springs all around.. no idea what to use as of now.. but in any case that is a ways off as a new set of shocks/springs is not cheap.

as to the air filter, I will have to go get one. didnt even think of that. despite the gas mileage being excelent already, more is always better with regards to gas mileage.

[XC] leviathan18
11-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Koni Yellow
KYB Gr-2
KYB AGX
Tokico Blues (HP)
Tokico D Spec
Mouton (but these are mad expensive)
Spoon (but these are mad expensive)

1) Koni yellows - The front struts need to be modified for them to fit. There are a few different sizes (50mm or 55mm). These are probably your best bet for autocrossing or road racing if you don't have full coils.

2) KYB Gr-2 - These are not performance shocks. While they are better than OEM they usually can't handle a very low drop. They will improve ride and handling, but aren't meant to be slammed on. They are non-adjustable.

3) KYB AGX - Adjustable shocks good for lowering and some racing. While konis might be better, these are a good alternative. They are either 4 or 8 way adjustable.

4) Tokico Blues (HP) - These are decent shocks. They are non-adjustable. They are probably better than the Gr-2s, but usually can't handle very low drops.

5) Tokico D-Specs - 16 way adjustable shocks. These are probably very close to koni's in terms of performance, but very few people have them just yet.

conrad.maranan
11-15-2005, 07:54 PM
I suppose it is all a matter of perception... to me 12's is the starting point, not the ending point.
12s is very respectable for a daily-driven four-cylinder street car running in normally aspirated trim. The point I was bringing forward is the fact that it does not require an "insane amount of money" to build a decent pocket rocket. ;)

gkiing
11-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Koni Yellow
KYB Gr-2
KYB AGX
Tokico Blues (HP)
Tokico D Spec
Mouton (but these are mad expensive)
Spoon (but these are mad expensive)

1) Koni yellows - The front struts need to be modified for them to fit. There are a few different sizes (50mm or 55mm). These are probably your best bet for autocrossing or road racing if you don't have full coils.

2) KYB Gr-2 - These are not performance shocks. While they are better than OEM they usually can't handle a very low drop. They will improve ride and handling, but aren't meant to be slammed on. They are non-adjustable.

3) KYB AGX - Adjustable shocks good for lowering and some racing. While konis might be better, these are a good alternative. They are either 4 or 8 way adjustable.

4) Tokico Blues (HP) - These are decent shocks. They are non-adjustable. They are probably better than the Gr-2s, but usually can't handle very low drops.

5) Tokico D-Specs - 16 way adjustable shocks. These are probably very close to koni's in terms of performance, but very few people have them just yet.

Of al the tokico's i have tried the tokico illumina's are the best for my car - 5 way adjustable with just a screwdriver without having to lift the car. But they are expensive, and ones for older model cars are hard to find (as i found out)

[XC] leviathan18
11-16-2005, 05:54 PM
i guess tokico blue are a great choice too

MaxxxRacer
11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
wow.. thanks for laying that out for me.

would only lower the car about .75-1 inch, so that isnt an issue.. just want the best performance/money while not making the car ride like an F1 car doing the baja 5000.

[XC] leviathan18
11-17-2005, 05:33 PM
no problem....

if you buy the shocks match it with eibach springs (the best imo)...

any news on your car ive read the recall of 25k civics in usa for the pedal thing...

tokyco blue shocks with eibach springs and 17" wheels and you have a nice ride :D

MaxxxRacer
11-17-2005, 10:28 PM
ya i want to get some 17inch rims. found some nice looking ones that are 14lbs and dont cost much at all. 1400 dollars for the rims and a set of Eeagle F1 tires.

the cars are fixed as of now. the dealers are getting alot more in. so i should have a car soon.

ToxicBug
11-17-2005, 10:56 PM

A stock '02 mustang GT runs 14.0, get your facts straight.

Kappy
11-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I think the black one looked ok, but that might be that it wasnt from the front ^^

and the gauges was hot too ^^

[XC] leviathan18
11-18-2005, 03:26 PM
well i went today to my honda dealer and they have the new 8th generation civic but they get the M/T in december so if the price is near what cost the 2005 ex i guess i will buy one i didnt know the engine was 1.8 vtec :D that is sweet 140hp the interior is pretty nice im in love with the car hope the m/t comes cheaper than the a/t (me prays)

MaxxxRacer
11-26-2005, 03:07 AM
well I got my ex civic w/navi today.. and I love it!

not nearly as much power as my dads EX V6 Accord, but it handles WAY WAY WAY better.

went up through topanga canyon with the accord and my dad was driving the civic and i couldnt even come close to keeping up. civic handle the turns beautifully while the accord scrubbed the tires on nearly every turn.

The audio system is excelent and sounds just as good.

As you can probably tell, i am in love with the car..

BUT as i mentioned it is a bit gutless so I will need to work on getting some more whp... Would realy like 200whp..

[XC] leviathan18
11-26-2005, 04:01 AM
for 200whp you will need a turbo.... or engine swap ... or ecu mod and new exhaust and cold air intake lower the weight of the car bigger inyectors....

you have to post some pics......

MaxxxRacer
11-26-2005, 04:34 AM
I know lev... I have alot of friends that are into cars and most of which are jewish so we should be able to atlest get 180whp without spending alot of money.

and the obligatory pics. its 4am so u will have to forgive me for not taking more.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40405&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40406&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40407&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40408&stc=1

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40409&stc=1

[XC] leviathan18
11-26-2005, 05:02 AM
go and have some sleep :toast:

thanks for the pics beatiful car you got there hope you and your friend enjoy tuning it to make 180whp (which is nice).....

looking forward for more pics and if i can buy one too :D

MaxxxRacer
11-26-2005, 05:08 AM
40 more whp shouldnt be too hard to get i dont think.

dont need a turbo for that... BUT a turbo would be nice.

intake, exhaust, headers, etc and a new ecu should get me close to 40hp i think. but more importantly i want to get some better rubber on the car. some lighter rims and wider/sticker tires would really help out with the handling.. oh and some tein springs to bring the car down about an inch..

ToxicBug
11-26-2005, 08:03 AM
40 more whp shouldnt be too hard to get i dont think.

dont need a turbo for that... BUT a turbo would be nice.

intake, exhaust, headers, etc and a new ecu should get me close to 40hp i think. but more importantly i want to get some better rubber on the car. some lighter rims and wider/sticker tires would really help out with the handling.. oh and some tein springs to bring the car down about an inch..
Boltons won't get you 40whp, even off a k20z3. IMO get the boltons and build a k24 block on the side, with a lot of mods you'll get something like this: http://media.putfile.com/ttt54

And I don't think that its smart to put a turbo on an engine that has been built for pure all motor performance, but that's just me.

[XC] leviathan18
11-26-2005, 10:16 AM
mmm i dont get why you say isnt smart to put a turbo in that car...

if you run a t3 t4 @ 7psi it will generate a nice amount of power and wont destroy your engine

Soulburner
11-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Because boosting a high compression engine isn't how you want to be doing things.

A lower C/R and a different cam profile with a tighter LSA will be much more boost friendly than an engine with high C/R and a tight LSA that is made to make power N/A.

charlie
11-26-2005, 12:51 PM
great car, MAxx.....

Finally Honda has DONE IT!!!

They've released a car that's EDGEY. I saw a Civic Sedan this morning and it has that EXACT same "down on its wheels" look that a BMW 3/5 has... not that old look where the car sits on TOP of it's tires...

IMHO, Honda needs to do a Sports Tuner CIVIC Sedan with a V6 making about 278bhp (recognize the number) 19" wheels and sport tuned suspension with a 6 speed STICK. Maybe offer an optional Carbon fiber rear spoiler/ Front air dam and vented hood.
:woot:

C

MaxxxRacer
11-26-2005, 12:55 PM
well if I ever did do a turbo it would be after alot of other mods. I agree that blindly slapping a turbo on a stock engine is in no way smart.

New gasgets, piston rings, (blueprinting the engine wouldnt hurt), POSSIBLY a new head to lower the compression ratio a bit so that the engine doesnt pop as the compression ratio is already pretty high.

charlie, that would be a sick car. but it really does need wider tires and rear wheel drive.

charlie
11-26-2005, 01:51 PM
well if I ever did do a turbo it would be after alot of other mods. I agree that blindly slapping a turbo on a stock engine is in no way smart.

New gasgets, piston rings, (blueprinting the engine wouldnt hurt), POSSIBLY a new head to lower the compression ratio a bit so that the engine doesnt pop as the compression ratio is already pretty high.

charlie, that would be a sick car. but it really does need wider tires and rear wheel drive.

good point bryan, then make it AWD too! It's be competition for WRX and EVO!

MaxxxRacer
11-26-2005, 02:12 PM
ya that would be sweet... 4 wheel drive... but that would bring the price up WAY high.

Soulburner
11-26-2005, 08:31 PM
AWD is great for offroading but if you want to go fast you are going to want a RWD car.

charlie
11-26-2005, 09:59 PM
AWD is great for offroading but if you want to go fast you are going to want a RWD car.

well, the evo8/9 seem to do ok on the street ;)

C

MaxxxRacer
11-27-2005, 03:33 AM
so does the WRX Sti... Friend of mine just raced against a WRX with his eclipse and the WRX started about 3 seconds late and the eclipse didnt even stand a chance.. was pretty funny.

[XC] leviathan18
11-27-2005, 08:50 AM
i saw a video wrx vs evo 8 in track and the evo 8 is just insane faster in track than even lamborghini mucielago

awd is awesome in track and even more the slip differential of the evo 8 it can turn with all the power of the car in just one wheel

Soulburner
11-27-2005, 09:42 AM
They are good on the street yes, surely better than any FWD Honda...but what i'm saying is...the best launch possible comes from a properly set up RWD car.

When it comes to drag racing, RWD > AWD > FWD

Most road racers will also prefer RWD (Look at LeMans, Formula One, etc)

[XC] leviathan18
11-27-2005, 09:46 AM
yup cuz you just cant make a 4 wheel drift with awd unless you are a god driving awd...

drag is another history i think ive seen only one car FWD a celica i saw it in rides xD

MaxxxRacer
11-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Ive seen one front wheel drive pure drag car.. it was a civic.. had like 700hp coming out of that fourbanger... absolutley retarded... BUT it was incredibly fast.

conrad.maranan
11-28-2005, 05:27 PM
It's about time you took receipt of that car, Brian. When you're ready to go K-series, hit me up and I'll introduce you to my best friend who owns and operates Intrinsic Performance Solutions (http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/). We'll get you to the next level. :up:

MaxxxRacer
11-28-2005, 06:09 PM
nice. ask ur friend if its possible to fit a k series in here..

but a more realistic option would be to fix up the R18 as I would like the possiblity to put the car back to stock if I ever wanted to sell it.

the funny thing is our neighbor wants to buy the car off of us.

join nbk
11-28-2005, 08:41 PM
as my dad said as a auto mechanic

Honda is like a tampon, every :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: has one....

conrad.maranan
11-29-2005, 03:34 PM
nice. ask ur friend if its possible to fit a k series in here..The K20Z3 is native in the new Civic Si, so dropping in a K motor isn't in issue. But if you really wanted to travel that route, you would've been better off waiting for the Si. ;) Just wait and see what the aftermarket has to offer by the summertime. You'll be able to get a little bit more bang out of that Coupe. :up:

as my dad said as a auto mechanic

Honda is like a tampon, every :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: has one....Everone is entitled to their own opinions. If he thinks all Honda owners are pussies, that's fine with me, too. :rolleyes:

MaxxxRacer
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Well I suppose I will have to wait then. Besides I really dont have any cash handy right now so buying a whole new engine wouldnt really be feasable.

[XC] leviathan18
12-04-2005, 01:40 PM
The K20Z3 is native in the new Civic Si, so dropping in a K motor isn't in issue. But if you really wanted to travel that route, you would've been better off waiting for the Si. ;) Just wait and see what the aftermarket has to offer by the summertime. You'll be able to get a little bit more bang out of that Coupe. :up:
Everone is entitled to their own opinions. If he thinks all Honda owners are pussies, that's fine with me, too. :rolleyes:

that means every owner of honda have a nice :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: next to them :D

join nbk
12-04-2005, 01:47 PM
no, take a chevy 502 and a chevelle, it can run over it and beat it in a race lol

MaxxxRacer
12-04-2005, 03:12 PM
join, ever noticed how Honda's F1 team consistently comes out with the MOST powerful motors, and has a better power to weight ratio and power to litre ratio than ANY other engine manufacture that has ever existed...

1200bhp with 2 litres... If you can find a car with that power to litre ratio lmk and you can continue to talk smack.

[XC] leviathan18
12-04-2005, 03:30 PM
join, ever noticed how Honda's F1 team consistently comes out with the MOST powerful motors, and has a better power to weight ratio and power to litre ratio than ANY other engine manufacture that has ever existed...

1200bhp with 2 litres... If you can find a car with that power to litre ratio lmk and you can continue to talk smack.

well i still preffer ferrari in the F1 world.... but i love honda in normal use cars or mitsu or toyota in fact all japanesse car makers

[XC] leviathan18
12-04-2005, 03:52 PM
look what i found little nice photoshop

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4994/hondacivic58hp.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MaxxxRacer
12-04-2005, 04:59 PM
lol lev. wasnt saying that honda had the fastest F1 car (around the track), just that they are consistently some of the most powerful with regards to the engine.

at www.8thgencivic.com they have alot of photoshops of taht partiular picture. The guy that did that one and other (including a few for kongiq) lives out in the UK.

[XC] leviathan18
12-04-2005, 05:08 PM
yup i got that image from 8thgen just wanted to post it here and i visited the guy site digimods excelent guide for newbies in photoshop specially to photoshop your car..... pretty nice

i know honda f1 is pretty good but im half italian so i support italian power ferrari :D

ToxicBug
12-04-2005, 06:37 PM

The turbo F1 cars made 1500hp from 1.5L engines before they were banned. The current cars make ~950hp from 3.0L N/A engines.

MaxxxRacer
12-05-2005, 03:08 AM
I know toxic... Wouldnt have been cool if they would allow those turbo cars... but i bet they were pretty dangerous.

calcal
12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/158843/i4669P_1.jpg
civics headlights are very similar to this solara

MaxxxRacer
12-16-2005, 04:51 PM
just the view of that pic. In person they are totaly different. I have the EX coupe and I have seen the solara in person as well as having driven it and I can say the lights are not very similar at all.

calcal
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
so how you like your new car?

MaxxxRacer
12-16-2005, 08:17 PM
I love it except for the fact that im getting 24mpg... My dad drives the 03' accord V6 and gets the EXACT same mileage... so right no im pretty pissed off about that.

It could also use about 100 more hp and equally more torque.. would be alot more fun to drive if it did.

join nbk
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
ask your dad to trade the rice

calcal
12-16-2005, 11:38 PM
thats odd its rated at 30mpg
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_full_specs.asp?ModelName=Civic+Coup e&Category=3

i get about 28-30 mpg on my 88 civic. I think you need to drive more consertively.

join nbk
12-17-2005, 02:38 AM
eeh, im anti import, i say get a chevy aveo, but

yes, all the mpg ratings arenot right, the nihs (national institute for highway studies) had discoverd that the process that the determine a vehicles mpg was way inaccurate to modern day driving habits. Also, please dont aggervate me like every 14,15, and 16 yr old does round here saying, look, i can drift, while

my 305 wago can push you off tha road, and it wont drift, pure torque and traction= oooh ooh oooh goodness

dukes of hazzard style

lol

[XC] leviathan18
12-17-2005, 05:53 AM
eeh, im anti import, i say get a chevy aveo, but

yes, all the mpg ratings arenot right, the nihs (national institute for highway studies) had discoverd that the process that the determine a vehicles mpg was way inaccurate to modern day driving habits. Also, please dont aggervate me like every 14,15, and 16 yr old does round here saying, look, i can drift, while

my 305 wago can push you off tha road, and it wont drift, pure torque and traction= oooh ooh oooh goodness

dukes of hazzard style

lol

you need a rwd car to drift something like toyota supra or mazda rx-7 and if you are a good drifter you can corner faster than anyone :fact:

MaxxxRacer
12-17-2005, 12:25 PM
lev, I will have to disagree with you about the drifting is faster. there is a reason not a single F1, Nascar (the few times they do regular courses), indy, GT, lemans, GT1, GT2, GT3, etc NEVER ever drift.. its because it slows you down... sure you get to keep your current velocity in the forward direction, but you actually need to turn, and drifting kills your momentum. A good driver who can push the car to the limit, hit the apex of the turn and nail it on the exit will be faster than any drifter.

Drifting is merely for fun. and anyone who does it who isnt either getting paid to do it or has so much money they dont care how much tires cost, then more power to them.. go right ahead. but for the other 99.999% of the population you need to be smacked for drifting around corners.

calcal, i try to drive relatively conservatively when posssible to keep the gas mileage up, but it isnt working. Im hoping that the ECU is still learning and that is where the problem lies.

[XC] leviathan18
12-17-2005, 12:40 PM
what about wrc???? they do drift to do the turn faster than normal turning a 4 wheel drift or intertial drift or dirt drift if you know how to do it let you turn faster with the car....

what you say is skiding that is a way to drif useless cuz slow you down and you dont have barely control of the car :P

so i disagree with you xD

[XC] leviathan18
12-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Race Drift
This is performed at race speeds, when entering a high speed corner a driver lifts his foot off the throttle to induce a mild over steer and then balances the drift through steering and throttle motions. (note: the car that is being used for this style of drift should be a neutral balanced car therefore the over steer will induce itself, if the car plows through any turn this technique will not work).
Braking Drift
This is performed by trail braking into a corner, then loss of grip is obtained and then balance through steering and throttle motions. (note: this is mainly for medium to low speed corners).
Faint Drift
This is performed by rocking the car towards the outside of a turn and then using the rebound of grip to throw the car into the normal cornering direction. (note this is heavy rally racing technique used to change vehicle attitudes during cornering, mainly tight mountain corners).
Clutch Kick
This is performed by depressing the clutch pedal on approach or during a mild drift to give a sudden jolt through the driveline to upset rear traction.
Shift Lock
This is performed by letting the revs drop on downshift into a corner and then releasing the clutch to put stress on the driveline to slow the rear tires inducing over steer. (this is like pulling the E-brake through a turn - note this should be performed in the wet to minimize damage to the driveline etc.)
Emergency Brake Drift
This technique is very basic, pull the E-Brake or (side brake) to induce rear traction loss and balance drift through steering and throttle play. (note: this can also be used to correct errors or fine tune drift angles).
Dirt Drop Drift
This is performed by dropping the rear tires off the road into the dirt to maintain or gain drift angle without losing power or speed and to set up for the next turn. (note this technique is very useful for low horsepower cars).
Jump Drift
In this technique the rear tire on the inside of a turn or apex is bounced over a curb to lose traction resulting in over steer.
Long Slide Drift
This is done by pulling the E-brake through a strait to start a high angel drift and to hold this to set up for the turn ahead. (note: this can only be done at high speed).
Swaying Drift
This is a slow side-to-side faint like drift where the rear end sways back and forth down a strait.
FF Drift (Front Wheel Drive Drift)
The E-brake as well as steering and braking techniques must be used to balance the car through a corner. (note: the E-brake is the main technique used to balance the drift).
Power Over
This performed when entering a corner and using full throttle to produce heavy oversteer (tail slide) through the turn. (note: needs horsepower to make this happen).

MaxxxRacer
12-17-2005, 12:56 PM
sorry.. rally racing is totaly different.. your not on pavement..

I will corret my statement. not drifting around the turns is the fastest way around a paved and prepped track.

fatfreepork
12-17-2005, 10:35 PM
lev, I will have to disagree with you about the drifting is faster. there is a reason not a single F1, Nascar (the few times they do regular courses), indy, GT, lemans, GT1, GT2, GT3, etc NEVER ever drift.. its because it slows you down... sure you get to keep your current velocity in the forward direction, but you actually need to turn, and drifting kills your momentum. A good driver who can push the car to the limit, hit the apex of the turn and nail it on the exit will be faster than any drifter.

Drifting is merely for fun. and anyone who does it who isnt either getting paid to do it or has so much money they dont care how much tires cost, then more power to them.. go right ahead. but for the other 99.999% of the population you need to be smacked for drifting around corners.

calcal, i try to drive relatively conservatively when posssible to keep the gas mileage up, but it isnt working. Im hoping that the ECU is still learning and that is where the problem lies.

engines are like ipod batteries, you just gotta break them in. Dont forget to drive it like you stole it if you want it to last as long as possible. That means beating the :banana::banana::banana::banana: out of it for 1200-1500 miles. It certainly doesn't sound believable and most people are reluctant to do it but it's proven that it'll let the engine last longer as you'd let the pistons be seated properly

MaxxxRacer
12-17-2005, 11:33 PM
interesting approach.. Well I do get the revs up to whatever the auto tranny lets it get to during full throttle.. This happens more than I'd like it to, but with LA traffic its a neccesity.