PDA

View Full Version : Apple keynote

antipop
09-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Apple cancelled yesterday the opening keynote to the Paris Apple Expo. This was the place were Steve Jobs used to annonce new hardware and news from Apple.
The keynote was schedule to start on the 20th if september, i even received my badge to assist. However, yesterday they cancelled everything (not the expo though) without any explanation. Sources have said that it was decided over the week end.
I'm wondering why they decided to cancel it and what might have happened over there to make that decision only two weeks prior to the show?
AAre they having mixed feeling about intel?

[XC] moddolicous
09-06-2005, 08:24 AM
There are probably some bugs left in the new OS. They definetly have a working machine, something along the lines of a pentium 3.6 or 3.8, and they still have bugs and dont want to show it off with the bugs. Thats my guess though.

antipop
09-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I don't think so, what OS are you talking about? Tiger, it's already on sale for more than 6 months. Leopard, it's still too soon to show us a demo.
Intel based mac, it's for june next year.

No my guess is that there was a new hardware or software, that SJ wanted to show but got delayed somehow. It could be the intel based mac even if it's still to early or the last PPC based powermac and powerbook. But they have some design flaws that they thought they could fix on time

[XC] moddolicous
09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I wasnt talking about tiger, I meant the Mac OS X x86 version. Maybe with all the commotion about the switch to intel, they were too caught up to make anything new??

Ugly n Grey
09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
What can they really say except "we have nothing new to report". I think their time is being sucked up with next years products..

antipop
09-06-2005, 09:10 PM
What can they really say except "we have nothing new to report". I think their time is being sucked up with next years products..
That's so true. This year had no interesting news coming from apple except the move toward intel. No new hardware whatsoever.

I'm still hoping to see a new mini ipod :)