PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong about TT BigWater?

Ref
09-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I searched here and found out that XS members think it is not good. Why?
Internet reviews suggests it's better than Big Typhoon, isn't it?

.sentinel
09-05-2005, 07:05 PM
First off they use 1/4" OD tubing when we use 5/8" to 3/4" OD tubing. Second the pump sucks. Third the fan blows threw the radiator which isn't very good and we would want pull.

cadaveca
09-05-2005, 07:18 PM
There's a new version out. i own the bigwater...and well...i'm using the typhoon.

Ref
09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
There's a new version out. i own the bigwater...and well...i'm using the typhoon.
Thanks, that's what i needed to know.

Athens[2004]
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Τhe ''new'' version is a recycle off aquarius parts :hehe: couse the 90lt/h pump [the old was 120lt/h],

damm this kit suxx 2 much [u cant do anything better with that ''rad'' ''pump'' or waterblock,,] . I suggest xp120+ papst

k00lance
09-05-2005, 09:42 PM
why would you want a bigwater when you can put together a better system
for same or less money despite of how bad TT bigwater is.

einCe
09-05-2005, 09:57 PM
www.dangerden.com dont ever buy premade wc setups

Holst
09-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Personally I would buy swiftech kit.
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/H20-APEX.asp

Not much need to look at or consider any other options IMO.

Bloody_Sorcerer
09-06-2005, 07:09 AM
swiftech's kit is the only good kit out there, though the price is fairly high (no wonder)

k0nsl
09-06-2005, 08:08 AM
I searched here and found out that XS members think it is not good. Why?
Internet reviews suggests it's better than Big Typhoon, isn't it?

The top of my BigWater CPU block cracked around the barbs and the el cheapo plastic-like top also had cracks on other locations aswell, other than that I'd say its "OK". It managed to cool my Prescott adequately. But I would never recommend it to anybody even as a entrence into watercooling, since there really isn't any difference from getting a real good setup. Some people say "Its a good kit to get into watercooling" but there is no difference from any other handpicked watercooling setup, well maybe one, when you handpick parts you get good things; with the BigWater you get awfully small sized tubing, weak pump, bad quality CPU block, etc,. etc,.

-k0nsl

Holst
09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
The bigwater works ok, for what you get if you never want to alter the system or change anything. But as its small tubing its not compatible with ANY other watercooling kit, so your stuck with it and you cant change anything much.

But its not brilliant by a long shot, the people who have had plastic tps break alone would instantly put me off buying one.

For the same money you can get something better if you buy your own bits. And for $100 more you can get the swiftech kit which is the best you can get..