PDA

View Full Version : EP-9NDA3+ SATA Raid Boot problem.

Sniper_Merc
09-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Ok, this is kind of a freaky problem that I ran into once before with this board, the owner recently reset the bios and it reared its fugly head again, and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to get around it again.

Epox EP-9NDA3+
Athlon 64 3500+
1 GB Corsair PC 4000
2x WD Raptor 36 GB drives in ports 1/2 (nvraid instead of the marvell) system drive
1x cd burner IDE
1x dvd burer IDE
2x WD 160 GB drives (non raid) on IDE

After resetting the bios and reinstalling windows, if he doesn't have a bootable CD rom such as the XP CD in one of the optical drives, the system will come up with a BOOT DISK FAILURE. message, now this happens even though the CD/DVD drives are not even in the boot sequence, IE 1st boot device is set to hard drive, with all other boot devices disabled, it will still look for a bootable CD first and then go to the raided raptors, if no bootable CD is in the optical drives then the BOOT DISK FAILURE message pops up.

When I setup the system back in febuary I believe it had something to do with putting the floppy drive in the boot sequence to delay the bios detection of the raided raptors, but I don't recall exactly what I did to get around the problem.

Only reason I don't go over to his place to fix it is he lives 30 miles away now so trying to do it from a distance.

TIA for any help

nn_step
09-03-2005, 06:46 PM
did you remember to install the SATA drivers?
and did you put the raid array in the list not the individual drives?