PDA

View Full Version : Got a spare Arctic Freezer 4, any ideas for a mod I could do?

lawrywild
09-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi, I got a spare arctic freezer 4 heatsink that i wanna make use of and do some kinda mod.

Was gonna make it into a northbridge cooler but my mobo doesnt have holes around northbridge, it has Asus's weird wire clip things.

Anyway, any ideas?

Cheers

Darkfold
09-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Whip off the retention plate, buy a zalman northbridge cooler for its clips, attatch the clips to the Arctic, trim the fins if you have to (clearance for GFX card) and mount the bastad on your northbridge :D You can loose the fan as well, as that ammount of surface will have no problems cooling your northy.

Then, with the zalman north cooler, make some ramsinks or a mosfet cooler :D

Edit: whoops, missed that. Hmmm, still using the mount clips, how big are the Asus loops? will a cable tie fit thru them? (can you see where this is going...)
You can get the cable tie tighter by using 2, one to provide the end stop only, one for the start stop and ridge track.

lawrywild
09-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Read my post again, that's what i was exactly going to do but i dont have mounting holes only weird Asus metal clip things.

Ugly n Grey
09-03-2005, 01:26 PM
You could turn it into a smokeless ashtray. or you could sell it and use the money for some thing new... a pelt maybe..

lawrywild
09-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Dont smoke lol

really need a good idea

best offer i got was £5 inc p+p which is like £2 lmao so not selling..

[XC] moddolicous
09-03-2005, 03:34 PM
While we are on the idea of modding a stock vid air cooler to do something useful, what can I do with a stock 9200 old heatsink. Any ideas?

CaTalyst.X
09-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Ok to get the most use out of a 9200 cooler, take a trash can and place it about 15 feet from you, then proceed to hurl the 9200 cooler, following a nice defined arch, into the trashcan where it will stay forever.

;)

-CaT

lawrywild
09-04-2005, 02:50 AM
lol, cut it into ramsinks and lap it then use them on ram lol ;)