PDA

View Full Version : prometeia and epox 8RDA+ COMPATIBILITY

Barracuda
01-01-2003, 12:07 PM
i try this motherboard in my prometeia and didnt boot at all .
i had switch on my prometeia with epox 8rda+ inside then prometeia starts for a few secs and stops rapidlly.
then i had try to use the prometeias conditioner and the prometeia starts to work until reach -33 c and when it try to power on the motherboard ,prometeia stopped working.my new motherboard works perfect at aircooled conditions.
plz tell me what is the problem

thank you

ps ( i had 4 different motherboards at prometeia and i know how to make this to work)

gandalf027
01-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, i've got the 8rda+ and the prom, and not probs at all. Maybe your mobo is making some kind of contact with the prom case?

Vatt
01-02-2003, 07:09 AM
Over at tweakers.net (Dutch only) a guy had the same problem with his 8RDA+ All was fine on air, but as soon as the Prometeia was installed nothing happened.
He finally got it to work by unscrewing the lower screw of the cooling head. He has not removed the screw, but just turned it not too much. Really very weird.
Try it, it is not the best solution because you will have less pressure on the chip, but it is better than just air cooling.

Entuscan
01-02-2003, 07:19 AM
Hi,

I just recieved my Epox 8RDA+ today, I'm going to change NB cooler first. So I'll (hopefully) be installing it into my prommy tomorrow.

I'll let you know if I experiance some problems too.