PDA

View Full Version : Aquamark? Any News

Ugly n Grey
09-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Does anyone in the know have an update on Aquamark? What is going on and is there any chance the site will live again?

b1lk1
09-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Aquamark has died and noone was invited to the funeral. I really miss that forum, it was the only reason I got into posting at forums. No other forum is even as close to entertaining or worthwhile. I would be more than surprised if it ever came back online. Even if it did, it will be horribly disfigured and never the same. I just wish they would put the ARC back online so we could upload and compare scores.

:(

EDIT: Plus who knows how many of us will be banned anyways?

Ugly n Grey
09-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Welcome to Xtremesystems b1k1k, we don't have an orb but we have one of the best sites around in terms of content and participation as well as post quality. Take care.

UnG

bullet2urbrain
09-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah Welcome B1lk1... hows things.. havent talked to you in a while obviously.

There was a thread floating around here with info on AQ3 around... you'll see alot of friendly and familiar faces here.. minus Loot and Lethal and Pantner....

Welcome :toast:

GFreeman
09-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi B1lk1, Sillysider and Bullet2urBrain!!

How are you guys doing? I'm fine! Great to see you again. What can i say.. Well i miss the arc a lot lately. There was always lots of info to find and for some reason this forum was special. Like you where always free to post anything you wanted. The lazy moderating made it special too, you guys are right! Kinda miss you guys too! I never aspected they would put down the forum for such a long time. Well guess we did post too much info haha! I hope they put it online quickly. Perhaps we gonna see Aquamark 4, who knows! :)

bullet2urbrain
09-15-2005, 05:38 AM
GFreeman.... awesome... glad you found us here.. there is alot of us floating around on XS.. they have welcomed us ARC'er's with open arms... heh

Welcome :toast:

g-a-m-e
09-15-2005, 12:02 PM
whats this? A reunion ?

It's good to see you aars-wipes, and i am really beginning to think aquamark is dead for good ...

Like freeman said, very nice forum, very :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty of the moderators not to tell anyone the forum was going down for good...

check your PM's ...

bullet2urbrain
09-15-2005, 12:40 PM
who's PMs????

and yes it is a reunion.. you arse.

anywho. wonder who'll jump over here next????

g-a-m-e
09-15-2005, 02:45 PM
posts like the above bring back the smile on my face ;-)) ..

also,

I think the moderators lied to us!!
bastard :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:es ..., i only received a "nope" to the question iff aquamrk will live on, another member received a somewhat bigger message, but confirming the same thing ...
But it's taking a really long time now, and since massive is closed,...hmm...
Maybe we should spam some more?

FlotZilla
09-16-2005, 04:35 AM
I've been here for quite some time now, just changed my screen name to something more 'international' since most regulars over at AQM kept spelling it wrong...

Can't get myself to post really, maybe if there are more of us we can get some of the glory back, but without the presence of imagenesis, all will be lost.

Otherwise we need to fire up our own little forum thingy, Silly.

A big hello to b1lk1, bullet, freeman and g-a-m-e ofcourse, it's nice seeing you guys around again!

Swiebert.......

bullet2urbrain
09-16-2005, 05:47 AM
This continually brings a smile to my face... seeing all these familiar faces..

Awesome.. really Just Awesome.

GFreeman
09-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Appreciate it a lot! :) O man i didn't do any overclocking long time! Guess i have to get started again :). Well i'm back to school again, past the first year of my new study! :banana: So life goes on. Very glad to see you again too Swiebertje. Kinda like your new name. :)

I've been on a nice holiday this summer! All the way to Crete. I had a great time over there. We went to a lot of bars and disco's! :woot:

vtx_
09-16-2005, 09:06 PM
yayay am3 woot !@%3@FEWd :woot: :p:

fix it please

g-a-m-e
09-17-2005, 03:46 AM
Iff you guys keep this up, i might get a happiness hard-on ...

An entire thread with aquamark people !

We do need a troll worthy of imagenes though indeed, He took his abuse with pride and kept on going ... He could take anything but be called a virgin ...
He was imagenes ...

Best troll ever .... sigh i miss him

bullet2urbrain
09-17-2005, 09:46 AM
excellent news. silly, only 45k geez what a letdown... i remember when i spent like 800 dollars or so on a system i thought was godlike and it only scored 33k.... this was like 3yrs ago....

granted i havent tried AQ3 in a while..but im wondering where i can push my new system.

g-a-m-e
09-18-2005, 04:01 AM
chiller? not as in sub-zero temps though right ?

Martinx
09-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Hello everyone! Good to see you all again!

bullet2urbrain
09-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey MartinX welcome :toast:

g-a-m-e
09-18-2005, 09:39 AM
hey there martinx ! We really need to get that BF2 going again ... I'm still playing at least an hour a day, but like u said, lone wolf can get boring sometime ...

Doesnt this forum has a BF 2 server or anything like that ?

anyways,.,. good to see you, yet another aquamarker ...

Martinx
09-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah I play BF2 a little now and then. Kinda like you. I doubt this forum has a BF2 server though. The only way of playing together is by talking on msn, aim or anything likewise. Or just communicate via this forum, hehe.

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi Martinx! Nice to have you back too! :D Anyway i just got BF2 a while ago. I don't play it everyday, but i must say, very sweet game! I'm running on 1200x1024 on high quality + 2x alias as well! (jep it's my old sucky P4 rig) A while ago i upgraded my vid cooling. This was a good decision. I'm fully stable now at 365/776 playing any game. (with 16 pipes enabled as well)

So you guys must think... why didn't this dude go A64 Venice??! Well i like to upgrade don't get me wrong haha! At least i'm happy what i have right now. I know my P4 rig is a little outdated haha!

I'm still interested in overclocking, and i must say i'm impressed with the technologies going so fast. Interesting, cool to learn something more about that!

Sillysider i'm very curious what you get out of this old rig. To bad your motherboard died. Maybe you did some torture testing with Prime while you where running badly high HTT speeds? Or perhaps a little to much voltage on the board? Well sometimes overclockers take big risks, i'm sorry to hear that i didn't work out with this motherboard. I'm impressed what you did with your A64 Venice!

Martinx, Game maybe we could play a few rounds of BF2 if you like hehe! I'm sure i will get killed, i'm not really good at it yet hahhaa! It's great to see some fellow Aquamarkers around! :D

Martinx
09-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey Gordon!! Long time no see, i missed your P4 skillzz :D

Yeah sure, it would be damn fun to play with you two, or any other aquamarkers. How do you suggest we plan our little BF2 meet-up?

By the way gordon, i've been having some difficulties with my P4 lately (3,2ghz prescott incase you probably forgot). About 2 months ago or less aquamark suddenly outgrayed (or however you say that) the "Intel Hyper-Threading Technology" option in the video settings. So I'm getting about 8,5k cpu score instead of like 10,6k. At first i thought that HT probably only was disabled in aquamark, so i tried another benchmark to make sure, but unfortunately i still got a lesser score.

According to Everest, Sisoft Sandra, and my BIOS it IS enabled. I'm not really sure i am experiencing worse performance in games though, but when it had just happened i thought i felt a little performance dicrease. Though I am able to play BF2 at high details and 2x AA, with a steady 60fps+, but they do drop to around 30 in 64 player servers, when there's lotsa people at the screen at once, and lots of effects.

I did contact Swie about it, and i thank him for the help, but for some reason he stopped replying.

I think I've learnt to live without HT, if it really is disabled :woot:

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm most chases this low cpu score is caused by memory running on to low frequencies. Verify if you are running your ram in sync with the cpu (1/1). How about your temps? It also could be that your system is overheating. Sometimes it's really helpfull to remove some "dust".

Verify if you have a memory accelerator option in your system bios. If so enable. Enabling PAT may also give you a little boost!

Do some memory bandwidth testing. Post some results on that.

EDIT:

Is this cpu score (8,5k) a stock brench?

Martinx
09-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah, it's on stock, but i'm supposed to get above 9k on stock, so 8,5k just doesn't do it. It's with HT disabled. I don't have PAT in this bios, i only have memory acceleration, and it's on "enabled". How can my memory run on too low frequencies? I do remember changing the virtual memory swapping file (not sure if it's called that) though. Original size is at 1536 and the maximum size is at 4000. I think game told me to do that. It can't be that though.

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry i didn't explain very good. Your ram could be running on 5/4 ratio. (DDR333) This means it runs on 200 (fsb) x 1,66= 333 Mhz instead of 400 Mhz like it should be on stock speeds. 8,5K is pretty okay for stock speeds without enabling the memory accelerator option. But yeah you should be close to the 10K cpu barrier at stock speeds!

Be sure you run your ram set to DDR400 (1/1 ratio in other words in sync with the cpu) so your ram speed will be 200x2= 400 Mhz.

Maybe it's also an idea to look at updating some chipset drivers etc.

Also check out what your processor load is when you're running idle in windows.

If that's not helpfull too... then i need to know some specs about your motherboard. Can't really remember what hardware you got. Will read some manuals then. Then i could do some suggestions about the way to configure it, so you will get your old scores back.

EDIT:

A very simple way to verify if HT is enabled is just to start the task manager. (CTRL + DEL) Look at the Performance tab. You should see two fysical cpu's.

Martinx
09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Okay. That 8,5k cpu score is with memory acceleration enabled, but the fsb is at 200. I should get about 9,5k like that. So if it is at 5/4 ratio, how do i change it back to the normal ratio? I seriously doubt that, because i'm pretty sure you can't change the ratio in this bios, and i would never touch that since i have no idea what it is. I have flashed my bios to the newst version, and i have updated to the newest motherboard drivers aswell. Maybe there is a new one at guru3d now though.

My processor is at between 0-1% load when it's idling. My motherboard is a P4P800-X, Intel P4 Prescott 3,2 ghz, Tagan TG480-U01 PSU, Leadtek 6800GT, 1 gig kingston ram running dual. My stock aquamark score should be around 61k.

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Okay here we go. Let's verify a few options you've set in your system bios. Just to be sure you are using the right configuration. Use the configuration as suggested below.

[Jumperfree configuration/Advanced]

- AI Overclocking Tuner: manual
- CPU Frequency: should be 200 at stock speeds. You can change your fsb here. Default value= 200
- Dram Frequency: DDR400
- AGP/PCI Frequency: Auto(Means this is set to fixed to improve stability while overclocking)

[Jumperfree configuration/Chipset]Advanced Chipset Settings

- Configure DRAM Timings by (Default Value=SPD= 3-3-3-8) Tightning these timings a bit means you get for about 5-10% extra performance
- Memory Acceleration Mode: Enable

Good luck! ;)

Martinx
09-20-2005, 12:11 PM
The taskmanager only shows cpu usage and memory swapfile usage.

EDIT: Thanks G! I'll make sure i have that in my bios.

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Check out my new message above.. sry for the editing all the time ;)

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 12:22 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/286/ht6js.jpg

EDIT:

I assume you're running at least Windows XP? Windows 2000 doesn't support the Hypertreading feature.

Martinx
09-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Wow, what windows xp version are you using? I love that skin.

AHhh, there we have the problem!!! I don't have two. It's only one!!

g-a-m-e
09-20-2005, 12:57 PM
ok noobs..., we really need to get on a server sometime soon .... Hopefully we will see some more formiliars gradually and play with a bunch more often as time passes ...

Martinx, ill be on MSN tomorrow afternoon/evening iff all goes well ....maybe ill talk to you then so we could later on destroy Freeman on Battlefield ......

Check out this server first iff you are going to play from now on, maybe in time we will see some formilar faces there ... :*** EA official europe 297 ***

* ip: 87.248.192.67* (gotta start somewhere...)

People from USA should be able to play on it with a ping less then 100 also..

And guys, please dont worry, ... i'll go easy on you .... (remember that iff you happen to ocasionally frag me, its all on purpose)

oh, and sorry for the hi-jack

do continue ...

Martinx
09-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Great. I usually get 10-50 ping in those servers. By the way, have you changed account? I still use ic|Procomboz. My plain Procomboz account is totally ruined. The stats suck.

EDIT: Anyways gordon, read my above post :p:

g-a-m-e
09-20-2005, 01:17 PM
lol no, i dont use that account anymore ... It's Game__On ... It was my first account so the stats are awful, too bad you cant simply change the name of the account though...i would have made corporal easy by now iff i could add those points ... second unlock would be the G3 for sure ,...its like a sniper rifle on autofire . ...

About that server, i picked it randomly ....like i said ...gotta have some rendez-vous point to check out every once in a while ...

Martinx
09-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Ah okay. Maybe i should build up on my original name instead. That clan was crap anyways, hehe. All the european EA official servers are good.

Damn, i miss aquamark :woot:

g-a-m-e
09-20-2005, 01:20 PM
yes and yes, and im still not 100% sure aquamark is completely dead,...I simply dont understand why the mods would say that it was NOT then ...

Martinx
09-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Where/when did they say that?

g-a-m-e
09-20-2005, 02:01 PM
I mailed them and after my third mail in which i cleverly disguised myself as a german press agency i actually got an answer..... the mail is somewhere in the "Xtreme 3D" section under another thread about aquamark ..

They replied to me with only a "nope" to the question iff aquamark is shutdown forever ...

Flotzilla (swiebert) also received an email from Sir Leto confirming the same thing ...

Unless the admins really hated us, which is a possibility that cannot be ignored since my "does germany suck ass?" thread, i see no reason they would lie about it ... So i still hope they didnt lie and they are up to something else/better ...

also: You'd think the admins would leave at least 1 message about aquamark shutting down right ?

But on the other hand, one would also expect a message about the forum being down for months lol...

I'm lost about this , have no clue ...

Martinx
09-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah precisely. But on the other hand, aquamark isn't such an organized place. There were no mods, so people would do anything there. The active members were like the mods there haha. Ahh, i love aquamark.

g-a-m-e
09-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Well yeah thats true as well...We'll just have to wait and see i guess...

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Okay, HT is disabled. This is the reason why you have this performance decrease. Go to your bios. Verifiy if:

[Advanced/Cpu configuration]

Hyperthreading: Enable

Try again.

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 09:49 PM
ok noobs..., we really need to get on a server sometime soon .... Hopefully we will see some more formiliars gradually and play with a bunch more often as time passes ...

Martinx, ill be on MSN tomorrow afternoon/evening iff all goes well ....maybe ill talk to you then so we could later on destroy Freeman on Battlefield ......

Haha! Hihihihi! Woehoehoehoe hahahhahaha!!! :nono: Hehe yeah i'm sure i'm gonna get killed hahahahaahaa! Okay Martinx let's kill "the Game" haha just a joke!

Martinx
09-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Haha yeah sure. Anyways Gordon, it is already set on "enabled"! I said that in my previous comment. That according to sisoft, everest and my bios is IS enabled. By the way, in the hardware tab in the system properties it shows a picture of two "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz" cpu's.. doesn't that mean it is enabled? I did enable HT in my bios. Still doesn't work.

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Yep it allready should be working right now... strange... Will do some research about that. When i find something i let you know ;) Good luck!

GFreeman
09-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Found something that might be usefull.

Open Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager. Expand
the Processors category, right-click on the entry for your processor,
and select Uninstall. Immediately shut down and restart Windows. It
should redetect the processor and configure it correctly this time.

I hope this works about for you. So you having these issues since you flashed your motherboard to the lastest version? Strange, maybe the older bios version works better for your setup.

g-a-m-e
09-21-2005, 02:55 AM
Haha! Hihihihi! Woehoehoehoe hahahhahaha!!! :nono: Hehe yeah i'm sure i'm gonna get killed hahahahaahaa! Okay Martinx let's kill "the Game" haha just a joke!

oi ! nice one ... "the" Game you say...now that's just plain mean :-(

I'm not sure i deserved that one, so now ill have to not only destroy you on the battlefields, but do it in an embaressing manner as well !

Seriously though, i really need a haircut ...

Martinx
09-21-2005, 05:40 AM
G, I did the uninstall and the reboot, but the "Intel Hyper-Threading Technology" option is stilled out-greyed in aquamark and i still don't have two cpus showing in the taskmanager.

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 07:11 AM
oi ! nice one ... "the" Game you say...now that's just plain mean :-(

I'm not sure i deserved that one, so now ill have to not only destroy you on the battlefields, but do it in an embaressing manner as well !

Seriously though, i really need a haircut ...

I'm sorry Game this wasn't a very nice thing to say.. my appoligies. I'm still a total n00b when i comes to BF2. I was just making some jokes. I didn't expect you took it personal sorry. Or maybe i'm taking it to serious right now haha! No Game seriously.. i didn't mean to be rude to you.

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 07:16 AM
G, I did the uninstall and the reboot, but the "Intel Hyper-Threading Technology" option is stilled out-greyed in aquamark and i still don't have two cpus showing in the taskmanager.

Well that's very strange.. Try this then:

1. Disable Hyperthreading boot into windows, after that reboot
2. Then enable it again and see what happens..

I'm that's not helpfull yet.. then i'm beginning to think your latest bios version might not be bad. You could try to flash it back to it's previous version. Perhaps that will work. In the meanwhile i'll see if i can find some more info on this. Keep it up! ;)

Martinx
09-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Disabling, booting into windows, reeboting again and enabling it does not work. Thing is that this happened BEFORE i flashed my bios. The reason i flashed my bios was to try to fix the problem. So that's not the problem :slap:

Hope we manage to solve it somehow :woot:

g-a-m-e
09-21-2005, 08:19 AM
I'm sorry Game this wasn't a very nice thing to say.. my appoligies. I'm still a total n00b when i comes to BF2. I was just making some jokes. I didn't expect you took it personal sorry. Or maybe i'm taking it to serious right now haha! No Game seriously.. i didn't mean to be rude to you.

god you are polite lol, ... Anyways i was joking as well m8, keep that in mind next time hhehe...i can take far worse from you and i know you was joking lol... .. ....

Sillysider: Battlefield 2 has a buddy list ? I had no idea, is it a feature in the game itself or another website or something ? Anyways : Game__On is my tag ... (please dont look at my stats, im actually WAY better ..ahum lol )

Martinx....I have done some extensive research about your problem and my diagnosis is that your pentium is broken ...
My advice to you is for you to buy an AMD processor ...

Martinx
09-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Oh no! :( I really hope it isn't broken. I can't just buy a new processor just like that. I mean, so far it's working good enough, although i am probably getting a little performance decrease. BF2 runs great, and F.E.A.R runs even better, which is a game i'm really looking forward to. I'll probably get myself a nice amd64 processor somewhere in the future.

g-a-m-e
09-21-2005, 11:43 AM
yeah that patch should fix a lot of things. .. What i like a lot about the new patch is that points will be given for destroying artillery etc ...
I'ts not always an easy task to do so, so i hope the points given won't be to low ... Those stats can be annoying, and limit you in doing fun things, cause god forbid your stats might be flawed ...
A while ago i made another account just for statting, needless to say i almost never use it, simply because its boring as hell ....
Still 100 points an hour isnt all that bad iff you actually have fun doing so (killing only really and sticking C 4 on things.., never repair, medic, whatever...thats just not for me..)...
Also, im not really interested in the other weapon unlocks, since i only play Spec ops, ...
At first i thought at 10.000 points you would get a second unlock for the same soldier, sadly thats not the case ....

Also that chopper thing is great, taking flags by hovering 30 feet above them is just plain silly and frustrating...

I saw a list somewhere about all the fixes in the patch, must have been like 30 or something ....

gl with the chiller thing! ... Too bad there isnt a real benchmark around anymore hehe ...

Martinx
09-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Freeman, Martinx, what are your tags? Anyone that wants to go at it can find me on AIM, or MSN. Tag is always the same...

My tag is Procomboz in BF2. So is your msn SillySider03@hotmail.com? Does not exist. Gimme your email adress and i'll happily add you to the list.

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi dudes! My tag is G.F.-WASP. I'm in a clan since februari this year. We play a lot of games online. Joint Operations, BF2, SWAT 4 etc... Unfortunelly the clan doesn't play bf2 so much. Looking forward to play a couple of rounds with ya guys. Maybe we can send some private messages containing email addresses etc. So we could contact each other when we want to play. :)

Martinx don't give up to quick. Think, what actually happened when HT disabled all the sudden? Ever thought about reinstalling your computer? This might also fix some problems. How long have you been running without clean installing? If i find some more i will quickly let you know. This could also be a strange software related problem. Perhaps reinstalling isn't such a bad idea after all. Good luck m8! :)

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Well maybe i found something now. It could be that somehow HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) didn't update your cpu configuration when you set HT to enable.

Try this:

1) Download and install Windows XP Service Pack 2
2) Find the following files (normally in your c:windowsservicepackfiles)
- ntkrnlmp.exe
- halmacpi.dll
and copy them to your c:windowssystem32 folder. (This is considering your new motherboard has ACPI support. I know that these files will support non-ACPI computers as well, but that has not been tested)
3) Open up boot.ini in your text editor and find the following line:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”Micr osoft Windows XP Professional” /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn (or something of this sort)
and replace that line with:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”XP Professional MP” /fastdetect /kernel=ntkrnlmp.exe /hal=halmacpi.dll
Make sure there are no line breaks in that line.
(backup your boot.ini and your hardware profile if you want, that might be a good idea)

Now reboot, go through the installation and reboot of the new kernel and you are done. To test that you have SMP or hyperthreading enabled, hit ctrl-alt-del and task manager to see two seperate graphs for the processors.

All done.

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow Sillysider that's just insane man! I hope you gonna brake some real records with that! It's inspiring to see what you can do with the hardware you got. It's really amazing. You got what it takes to be a good overclocker! I have full confidense when it comes to that! :toast:

Martinx
09-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Wow, i hope i will manage to get through that. I'll do it tomorrow because it's getting really late here, and i'm pretty damn sleepy.

By the way, what if i already have Windows XP service pack 2 installed? Do i reinstall? If so, do i have to do some kinda cleaning before it so that no files get corrupt?

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Then i don't think you need to reinstall SP2. Just do the steps after that then. I hope this works for you.. if not.. i'm still here to find a solution! I cannot quit haha! ;)

Martinx
09-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Okay hold on, lemme try, don't disappear anywhere, i might stay for another 5 minutes. I'll probably come up with a question any time soon.

Martinx
09-21-2005, 02:58 PM
2) Find the following files (normally in your c:windowsservicepackfiles)
- ntkrnlmp.exe
- halmacpi.dll
and copy them to your c:windowssystem32 folder.

When i copy the files, do i completely transfer them to system32, so that they disappear from windowsservicepackfiles? Or do i make a copy of them and place them into the system32 folder.

And what is text editor? And what the hell is boot.ini?

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Okay one sec. A text editor is a program for example called notepad. You must know it ;) Boot.ini is a file that indicates from what partition your system should boot from. You also can give serveral boot options in Boot.ini. This file is located in the root of your c: directory. It's a hidden file, so you may have to enable extentions for known file types. Open this file with notepad. Copy this after the line standing in Boot.ini: /kernel=ntkrnlmp.exe /hal=halmacpi.dll

O and.. i would copy these files to system32 if i where you.. just to be sure you don't delete anything important. Also make a save (copy) of your boot.ini file.. Name it boot2.ini for example.

Martinx
09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
3) Open up boot.ini in your text editor and find the following line:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”Micr osoft Windows XP Professional” /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn (or something of this sort)
and replace that line with:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”XP Professional MP” /fastdetect /kernel=ntkrnlmp.exe /hal=halmacpi.dll
Make sure there are no line breaks in that line.
(backup your boot.ini and your hardware profile if you want, that might be a good idea)

Now reboot, go through the installation and reboot of the new kernel and you are done. To test that you have SMP or hyperthreading enabled, hit ctrl-alt-del and task manager to see two seperate graphs for the processors.

All done.

From there it's getting a little too complex for my level.

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Look above ^^

Martinx
09-21-2005, 03:10 PM
This file is located in the root of your c: directory. It's a hidden file, so you may have to enable extentions for known file types. Open this file with notepad. Copy this after the line standing in Boot.ini: /kernel=ntkrnlmp.exe /hal=halmacpi.dll

Please excuse me for my poor knowledge of english, but i seriously don't understand that. This is all new to me, so it's coming as a VERY complex situation. Please help me out step by step in a big amount of detail to make it easier to understand.

The "so you may have to enable extentions for known file types." part is pretty damn confusing aswell.

Martinx
09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay mate thanks for your help, it's really interessting and i'd like to learn, but i really need some sleep now. I'll read your post tomorrow and try to work it out somehow.

GFreeman
09-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Step 1:

Copy those two files ntkrnlmp.exe and halmacpi.dll to your c:\windows\system32 directory.

Step 2:

Okay first of all we need to change a setting in windows explorer. Start your windows explorer. (double click my computer).

Now press Tool, Folder Options in your menu bar. Press the tab view and verify if hide protected operating system files is unchecked. If not do so.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9678/018pu.jpg

You will get a warning message. Press Yes to change this setting.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8445/022cp.jpg

Press OK to confirm.

Step 3:

Open your windows explorer again. Go to c:\ and look for a file called boot.ini. Right click this file and choose open from the submenu. Notepad will open Boot.ini and you will be ready to edit.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4861/032gn.jpg

Step 4:

Now add the line shown selected in the screenshot standing below. Makes sure this is one sentence otherwise your pc won't understand and will not boot next time your restart you machine. So don't use ENTER for another line. It must be one line!

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/8660/044cd.jpg

Step 5:

Reboot your pc and verify if HT is enabled. Check out if you see 2 fysical cpu's in your task manager.

vtx_
09-21-2005, 05:27 PM
is it possible for somone with some web hosting to make a patch or somthing to upload scores to a new arc? then at least we could compare scores and stuff..

i really want to update my new scores
45,000--->56,000 overall
~8,000 cpu score---> 15,100 :slobber:

bullet2urbrain
09-21-2005, 05:32 PM
nice job with the 15,1 CPU.. thats not all that uncommon with the dothan's tho..
nice job tho....:toast: im not good with software at all so i dont know how that would work.. it would be awesome if someone could replicate the arc with a patch.

Martinx
09-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Okay i got to the part where i uncheck the "hide protected operating system files" thing. Then when i opened my computer i only saw the usual files such as "PRGOGRAM, NVIDIA, WINDOWS" sutff like that. Can't find any boot.ini file :confused:

EDIT: I looked at your screenshots and i've been trying to find the files that are next to the boot one, such as the "Temp" and "NDETECT" but they turn out to be in the windows folder. All I can see in "my computer" is "Documents and Settings", "Programs", "NVIDIA", "WINDOWS", and some files that aren't any interessting at all. I have none of those files that you have. boot.ini does not appear :confused:

GFreeman
09-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Try to enable show hidden files option in your folder options. Then try again to find boot.ini.

Martinx
09-22-2005, 06:42 AM
Okay i made it appear. When i replace the original line with the other it tells me that something is wrong with the name and tells me to save it as another name, so i name it "boot2". That file becomes a textdocument, so there's something i did wrong.

EDIT: never mind. I saved the original boot.ini text and named it boot2.ini, but when i try to save boot.ini with the new text it tells me that boot.ini already exists and that it's protected.

GFreeman
09-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Uncheck the checkbox hide extentions for known filetypes. Now you will see the extention of every file. So you could easely change boot2.txt to boot2.ini.

Before saving boot.ini you have to uncheck the read-only attribute of this file. Simply right click boot.ini and choose properties. Then you're able to turn of read-only for example.

You can overwrite boot.ini with the backup file if windows refuses to boot. Have a look at Knoppix. It's a Linux version you can boot from cd. Very handy to recover an installation. Keep in mind to make some backups if things may go wrong. Maybe it's not a bad idea to reinstall windows xp after all.. if this doesn't work. It's a software problem, i'm almost sure there's nothing wrong with your cpu.

Martinx
09-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Ah okay. Oh no, i don't have a cd-bruner, so i can't save files into a cd. Or does boot2.ini backup boot.ini if it doesn't work? Or do i have to do something in the bios if the computer refuses to boot? I can't be bothered to get any program to be able to backup anything :banana: I'm lazy :woot: :p:

EDIT: I don't want to risk anything, so maybe i shouldn't change the text haha. What if i can't use the backup file? I have no program, and i don't think i can in the bios.

Martinx
09-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Gordon I love you!!! It worked!!! I now have HT enabled, and i see two fysical cpu's in the taskmanager. Thanks so damn much man! I literally love you :p:

GFreeman
09-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Haha! That's great to hear! :D Have you done some brenching allready? :D

Martinx
09-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Yep! Everything back to normal! Great stuff. Damn, I don't know how to thank you! Thanks so goddamn much :banana: Okay, anyways

Let's discuss our little bf2 matter :woot:

g-a-m-e
09-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Martinx, after some more research i have come to the conclusion that your processor might not be broken after all ...

You have to change the "boot.ini" file to "boot.exe" .. Good luck, it should work ..

edit* oh, i see Freeman beat me to it because my internet connection is slow today ...

Martinx
09-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Hahaha game haha :D :p: You make me laugh. Thanks for your concern. Haha.

g-a-m-e
09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
lol ... so you don't believe me then ey ?

seriously though, outstanding work freeman ...

I couldnt have done it better myself ............ obviously

vtx_
09-22-2005, 01:16 PM
nice job with the 15,1 CPU.. thats not all that uncommon with the dothan's tho..
nice job tho....:toast: im not good with software at all so i dont know how that would work.. it would be awesome if someone could replicate the arc with a patch.

thanks, that was at my 24/7 settings.. im sure i could get close to 16k if i upped the vcore to 1.6 and got the cpu around 2.8

GFreeman
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Wow crazy clocks Vx!! Nice one! Martinx and Game, yeah how about that round BF2? When shall we orginise this? :toast:

Martinx
09-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah. Get a server, and i'll be in at once! The EA europe officials are usually good. Either Strike at Karkand or Gulf of Oman. Or should I get one?

Gordon, why don't you get msn? It's not all that hard hehe. If you already have an email account just download msn and log in. Gimme your email adress so i can add you if you have one.

GFreeman
09-23-2005, 12:46 AM
g-a-m-e, Martinx i mailed my msn address. Check your pm's! :toast:

Martinx
09-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Did you get my invite?

GFreeman
09-23-2005, 01:10 AM
Yep! :)

g-a-m-e
09-23-2005, 02:54 AM
sent you a pm back freeman, containing my msn handle,...I'll add you later today,..need to race back to work right now!

Later!

BiNarY
09-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow, its the AM3 Reunion thread! YAY! Add me to the list.

I finally got past that 80k knife in my back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Binary110/81k.jpg

Im currently in competition with my friend kyle, but hes got:

DFI NF4 SLI-DR
Dual 6600GT OC's
Liquid cooling
a 2.7ghz Winnie
and OCZ PC3200 Plat Rev2... Its a tough matchup, and im barely behind with only 1.5k difference. I should have never taught him to OC/Tweak. lol.

vtx_
09-26-2005, 06:00 PM
i need to get a card that doesn't bottleneck this cpu...
but at over 15k cpu that would take more money than i want to spend :p:

but im happy with 56,200 on a 9800NP air cooled

GFreeman
09-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Binary also welcome back! Not seen you for a while too. So how are you? WOOT! nice to see the aquamarkers are still allive! Oh, congrats on braking the 80K barrier! :toast: I wonder where Absoloot is. Are you hiding Absoloot? :)

g-a-m-e
09-27-2005, 09:36 AM
ey binary,..the only guy with a decent looking sig lol ... We could always post pictures our scores indeed...

No need to stop benching really, i hope we can trust eachother not to cheat hehe...

p.s: how do you like those Redline's ? What is your highest Frequency with em ?

I can get them stable up to 265... 2-2-2-6 (or 5, doesnt matter performance wise though) at 1T dual channel > 3.5 V

Maybe they can go higher, 267 same timings is benchable, (3.6V though),but i have only tried that with an 11 multiplier which makes the cpu run at 2.93 ghz...So it could be the chip giving in at those speeds since its all air cooled...

So long story short, i love those redline's ... aside from upgrading from a 9600xT to my current cart, the redlines are the best upgrade ive done so far ..

And VTX, imagine what a 7800 GTX would do with that Dothan, or a X850/800XT for that matter ... > 100k should be peanuts i guess ..

vtx_
09-27-2005, 10:33 AM
well a 7800gtx is out of the question, moneywise and i dont have pcie :p:
maybe an x800xt, but most likely all i would get if i was to upgrade would be a 6800le or x800pro or x800gt

bullet2urbrain
09-27-2005, 11:17 AM
i'd laugh @ you if you cannot get 100k with a GTX and that CPU score..

yeah we could always post scores.. however mine are dismal.. 90,xxx or so... really sucks i cant find the sweetness of this DFI board.. just too many options.. and im a d2ol'er now.

anyway.. welcome back all.. I think absoloot is around here somewhere as a post sleeper.

Martinx
09-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm still happy with my crappy 70k score :p:

vtx_
09-27-2005, 12:17 PM
i'd laugh @ you if you cannot get 100k with a GTX and that CPU score..
i dont think you are going to be doing any laughing since im not going to spend $800+ for a pcie board and a 7800gtx

bullet2urbrain
09-27-2005, 12:40 PM
well im also very happy that your not going to spend taht much money if you dont have too..

Nice Job :up: with that CPU Score..

GFreeman
09-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Ouch VX strikes hard! :banana: Wow, that's going to be a very nice rig! I think 100-110K is very possible. ;) Congrats with the awesome cpu score. Very impressive for this type of hardware!

g-a-m-e
09-27-2005, 02:41 PM
I have Game and Martin added to my list so the next time I see them on-line they are in for a world of hurt -

that's a nice one , i like your attitude lol

You just have been added, it will make it easier for me to hunt you down...

vtx_
09-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Ouch VX strikes hard! :banana: Wow, that's going to be a very nice rig! I think 100-110K is very possible. ;) Congrats with the awesome cpu score. Very impressive for this type of hardware!

thanks.. really i couldn't be happier for under $500 for the cpu, motherboard, adapter, and ram..

GFreeman
09-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Freeman, I can't find your name in the BF2Tracker. (http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=28181836) I have Game and Martin added to my list so the next time I see them on-line they are in for a world of hurt - or we will be teammates and conquer the world...I tried your tag ever which way, but can't score anything. How exactly is it put into the game, or how exactly is it written?

And I am willing to get down and dirty, but if I am playing overseas, I would prefer to play on unranked servers. If I have to play ranked I will, but the lag and the higher ping is going to screw me up some, considering we are all on opposite sides of the world. Anyway, gimme a shout anytime!

I'm sorry about that. My name changed to G.F.-WASP since i joined a clan. So it's not GFreeman. My rank isn't so impressive so far hahaha! :D

Martinx
09-28-2005, 03:55 AM
You do know that i play on my plain "Procomboz" account? If you didn't, you do now :toast:

GFreeman
09-28-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry about that maybe it's G.F-WASP. Sometimes i'm confused haha! :)

BiNarY
09-28-2005, 10:02 AM
I love my redlines, but ATM i'm only capable of 3.2v for Vdimm. (S939 AGP Dfi Board) So until i crack open my wallet and lay out some cash for PCI-E its gonna stay at 240 2-2-2-5. Although 240 At 3.2v (slightly undervolts) i think this ram is very capable of 270 2-2-2 @ 3.5-3.6v

A very nice thing is that my XP-120 cools my ram as it is large enough to cover my Dimm slots :D YAY!

On the other hand my venice is teh suck and only is stable at up to 2.7ghz

Ah well. i've got cash flow now, FX chips here i come.

Im thinking of sitting this round out for a while tho, my comp handles every game very well right now. Im curious as to how ATI handles Crossfire with the r520's. If it performs as well as i expect, i might be making the move to ATI...(shudder) But im not jumping into this Gen's graphics otherwise. I'll wait for the 8 series or the Next ATI series.

g-a-m-e
09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
hmm SillySider, your K/D ratio is 2.03 compared to my mezely 1.25...

note: I only say this to be able to play fun games, in reality i am offcourse the best player on the planet...I just kill myself a lot with C 4 and have a lot of bad luck with artillery, vehicles, bridges, water and anything else i can think of which could work in my favor ...

BUT,...being the great man i am... i will take the underdog position and "admit" that you are the better player between us right now, to releave myself from any pressure and put all the pressure on YOU to live up to the standard the mighty *g-a-m-e* has given you ...

Ok, now thats that out of the way i can get a little more serious :

Hope to see you on the fields soon,..and you can be sure i will try to be on your team lol ...

Binary, 3.2V aha ... I was using the DDR booster to get higher voltages, but its really a pain to switch voltages, since lowering the voltages sometimes results in a serious crash (CMOS reset) ... So its either that or keep the voltage high, change timings and speed to stock...Start up agian with those high voltages (which means massive overvolting i guess) and quickly change voltages to stock voltage...and then start up again...

Not sure iff "overvolting" is actually harming the modules, but i cant imagine it being good for them iff one has to do it 5 times a day ...

Long story short, booster is ok, but not very handy iff you want to change back and forth from overclocked to stock settings often.....

I have the XP90, it seems to cool the memory banks nice enough, altough the XP120 REALLY overlaps both modules indeed...No need for extra fans there i guess...

Funny, i was thinking the exact same thing, but the other way around...The 7800GTX is becoming more and more appealing since the R520 won´t be as b-itch'in as thought..., but damn... Nvidia huh? ... hmmz...

Martinx
09-28-2005, 11:15 AM
I'll totally destroy you with my knowledge of healing and reviving. Not to mention that my shooting skills are teh pwnz! omg, lol, i'm haxx0r.,!

thelawnranger
09-28-2005, 01:20 PM
It's good to see some of the Aquamark crew here , but after sitting here quietly reading about BF2 ,I must speak up. I am the BEST BF2 player in the world. I will own you all .....my tag is LawnRanger . If anyone here feels like getting killed numerous times, then come and look for me.....I'm just kidding guys. I suck at this game, but that doesn't stop me from playing :woot: hopefully I'll see some of you on the battlefield.
BTW, do any of you know of a site to download Nvidia video card BIOS's ? I have looked at MVKtech.com but they don't have what I am looking for. I need a BIOS for a PNY 6200- I tried flashing the BIOS on my card and somehow deleted the backup I made for it after the flash ( which did not work). I believe the original BIOS that was on the card was : version 5.44.A20300DH

g-a-m-e
09-28-2005, 02:13 PM
I'll totally destroy you with my knowledge of healing and reviving. Not to mention that my shooting skills are teh pwnz! omg, lol, i'm haxx0r.,!

lol..."my shooting skillz are teh pwnz!" ... i like that one, it's awesome , i wrote it down so i wont forget it ...

anyways, i had about the worst day ever playing today, it was going so horribly that at one point i figured "what the hell, im going sniping"

Sniping is "teh bombzorrzz" (is that still used?) , but only iff you can find a good spot ... kills are so much more rewarding, altough shooting a moving target is not easy when u have :banana::banana::banana::banana: in your eyes ...
But when u do hit it, its great ...

(and hi lawnranger!)

BiNarY
09-28-2005, 06:56 PM
well, im just waiting to move to my PCI-E Mobo. 4v onboard is what im really looking forward to, especially with this Redline RAM. My video is capped tho. Now don't get me wrong this old AGP 6800gt has done me well... and still is running strong. I just think if im gonna have to change cards to PCI-E i may as well upgrade through the change right?

This little 6800gt broke 80k, and thats all that matters to me. people said i wouldnt get it past 75. And they said 11.5k GPU score with it was max. I have successfully proved them wrong. :D

Slightly abused AGP 6800GT For SALE!! :P

Martinx
09-28-2005, 11:55 PM
lol..."my shooting skillz are teh pwnz!" ... i like that one, it's awesome , i wrote it down so i wont forget it ...

anyways, i had about the worst day ever playing today, it was going so horribly that at one point i figured "what the hell, im going sniping"

Sniping is "teh bombzorrzz" (is that still used?) , but only iff you can find a good spot ... kills are so much more rewarding, altough shooting a moving target is not easy when u have :banana::banana::banana::banana: in your eyes ...
But when u do hit it, its great ...

(and hi lawnranger!)

Haha yep, i also reach a point at where i can't stand the same anymore, so i just grab the sniper and lame my stats up a little. When i've finally got descent stats i just grab my sexyness medkit again.

Aww, i love myself :woot:

GFreeman
09-29-2005, 01:40 AM
It's good to see some of the Aquamark crew here , but after sitting here quietly reading about BF2 ,I must speak up. I am the BEST BF2 player in the world. I will own you all .....my tag is LawnRanger . If anyone here feels like getting killed numerous times, then come and look for me.....I'm just kidding guys. I suck at this game, but that doesn't stop me from playing :woot: hopefully I'll see some of you on the battlefield.
BTW, do any of you know of a site to download Nvidia video card BIOS's ? I have looked at MVKtech.com but they don't have what I am looking for. I need a BIOS for a PNY 6200- I tried flashing the BIOS on my card and somehow deleted the backup I made for it after the flash ( which did not work). I believe the original BIOS that was on the card was : version 5.44.A20300DH

Well on the MVKtech.com is a PNY 6200 128mb AGP bios file.

Click here to download (http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=download&filecatid=997)

Will have a look futher for you :D I'll keep you updated, in case i find more information on this.

Something crossed my mind.. what version of the 6200 do you have? The one without turbocache technology? (128bit memory bus, better one) Or the one with a 64bit memory bus. Also do you have to 128mb or the 256mb version? Did you try to unlock pipelines to 8x1,3vp allready? I have a 6200 myself to. (128mb, 128 bits memory bus version - agp 8) (my 2nd rig) Unfortunelly i'm not able to open them without artifacting. You should try to open them up with the rivatuner first, before you start flashing with extra pipelines enabled.

GFreeman
09-29-2005, 02:01 AM
I just had a look on the PNY website. On the PNY website are two 6200 versions, 128 and 256mb. Both have a 64bit memory bus unfortunelly. Which means you have way less bandwidth then i have with my 6200.

The clocks on the PNY 6200 are 350 Mhz core 400 Mhz memory (64bit)
My clocks on my Palit 6200 are 300 Mhz core 500 Mhz memory (128bit). I almost got 42K with this graphic card in my old second rig. I can open up to 8x1,3vp (clocks on 445/675) but unfortunelly not without artifacts. (little green dots) I managed to pull of 6,2K gfx score so far with my card.

thelawnranger
09-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Hey G. I was unable to unlock the pipes on the card. Someone in another thread ( extremeoverclocking )told me that my version of the PNY 6200 was the new 'Unlockable NV44 version' I flashed it with the PNY BIOS at mvktech , hoping it would then unlock, and now the card won't do anything.It's not the card with turbo cache. But it says it has 128mb DDR, not 256

GFreeman
10-01-2005, 01:17 AM
I have a 6200 as well. It's another brand, but you always can try my bios. You can modify it to your own demands. It's the bios of my Palit 6200 AGP 128 mb. It's practicly the same videocard. The only difference is that your videocard comes stock at 350/500. My videocard comes at 300/500. Futhermore i haven't been able to succesfully mod to 8x1,3vp without artifacts. You could modify this bios and change it to the correct stock speed for you. Give it a go, good luck! :slap:

Martinx
10-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Have you people tried out the fear multiplayer demo? You should, it's :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing awesome. It's full of gore. We should all have a game in this too.

thelawnranger
10-01-2005, 06:19 AM
I have a 6200 as well. It's another brand, but you always can try my bios. You can modify it to your own demands. It's the bios of my Palit 6200 AGP 128 mb. It's practicly the same videocard. The only difference is that your videocard comes stock at 350/500. My videocard comes at 300/500. Futhermore i haven't been able to succesfully mod to 8x1,3vp without artifacts. You could modify this bios and change it to the correct stock speed for you. Give it a go, good luck! :slap:

Thanks. I will give this BIOS a try later . Hopefully it will do the trick. Thanks again

g-a-m-e
10-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Out of 3 rounds, we both ended on top twice ... Kinda funny though when i was chasing you in tank while u were in buggy,u took a wrong turn that was a dead-end lol ...
U stepped out, and got a tank shell in face point blank .... Talk about bad luck ... (sorry man, lame kill...but im sure you would have done the same lol)
But yeah, sniping sucks big-time even with the slightest lagg ...
I've never even thought about that really, but it explains why some people seem bulletproof every now and then ...

Anyways, that first round i was chopper hogging, not very hard to get many points that way ...

Those few rounds we played went kinda well for me though, had a few lucky strokes (3 guys in buggy just standing there..boom)...
I've been playing on that server to about 5 minutes ago, the last few rounds.....ugh ...
You all probably have been there before: As soon as you spawn, u get shot..
As soon as you start firing, u get shot...
As soon as you have finally secured a good sniping spot(after dying 3 times while climbing that ufcking ladder), u get shot by artillery...sigh...
APC raising hell at your spawn, and nobody even thinks about changing kits, but keep throwing grenades at it ..
Or you yourself dont get the chance to change kit, cause a medic is reviving you 4 times in a row...(he cant know that off course, but it sucks)
I just had to quit, i was getting too frustrated ,... 19 deaths, 9 kills.... not funny anymore ...

About that squad thing, a few days ago i was playing, and some dude had teamspeak, but i was the only one that could hear him ...
So we hogged the chopper like 2 idiots, telling people to "get out plz" and those kinda things (lol, i know ... lame but fun) ...
Anyways, we later formed a squad with 2 other guys, (meaning actually spawning at same place and going same way) and it was ufcking awesome ..
Really hard to get used to the squad-teambased-thing though,...
It takes practice to be effective, but it sure is fun as hell ... (and funny, those comments from that dude omg, it dont get more dry then that hehe) ...

I''m definately getting a mic soon, its a whole other ball game when u can hear and speak (to) your teammates...
It definately hightens the "immersion factor" .. And is funny as hell like i said ...

Iff most of us usually play at sunday afternoon's, we should get on MSN sometime and find a good server ... or something ?

p.s: teamspeak rocks....its so funny

Martinx
10-02-2005, 10:51 AM
I always try to capture flags, and kill as many people as possible while i'm at it :p:

You can pm me your vent IP if you want.

g-a-m-e
10-02-2005, 12:08 PM
yeah defending can be quite awesome as well ...

Sometimes its kinda weird how people take a flag and sprint away the second it is capped...
Not so weird iff there are more flags, but i see this when it is the only flag that is ours ...

"u know they are gonna come within seconds!, where are you going!"
Then you find yourself there alone trying to defend that :banana::banana::banana::banana:hole of a post lol ...
I think its better to try defend it for a little while, at least till the first wave of enemies is gone,...
Then 2 guys should split in a buggy to try steal another post, while the enemie is busy pounding your only flag.....

It also doesnt help iff people keep spawning at say the carrier, to get in their ufcking planes, eventhough another flag is now available that is oh so needed...

Iff there are more flags available, im off to the next one as well though ...

Oh and yeah, ventrillo ... That works as well obviously ...

Or doesnt it? Whats the difference between Ventrillo and Teamspeak? I know with Ventrillo you need to manually connect to the server...
Is that also the case with Teamspeak ?

g-a-m-e
10-02-2005, 12:50 PM
ok, 1 more question...

Ventrillo and Teamspeak are not compatible i presume ?

ok..1 more question...I dont have teamspeak, how is it possible then i sometimes hear people talk on servers ?

I know for a fact this is not the case with ventrillo ... Which is better, teamspeak or ventrillo ?

RaZz!
10-02-2005, 02:38 PM
ok, 1 more question...

Ventrillo and Teamspeak are not compatible i presume ?

ok..1 more question...I dont have teamspeak, how is it possible then i sometimes hear people talk on servers ?

I know for a fact this is not the case with ventrillo ... Which is better, teamspeak or ventrillo ?

i didn't read the posts, but i'll answer in the hope it helps you ;D

there are several games, which have an integrated voice-tool. these are for example bf2 and cs source. but most of the servers have this feature disabled. optional you can disable it on your own in the options of the game :)

g-a-m-e
10-03-2005, 01:08 AM
ahh...thx sillysider and razz...I didnt know battlefield had an in-game voice thing...

I always thought VOIP were the standard comments like "hit it!" and such...

ok, thx again..

Martinx
10-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Haha, okay I even knew that :p:

g-a-m-e
10-03-2005, 09:59 AM
ahh yes, thank you for pointing that out martinx lol ... I feel much better already hehe ...

g-a-m-e
10-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Bump goddamnit ... This thread should always be on top !

Martinx
10-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Game, register at the site Silly provided!

FlotZilla
10-05-2005, 12:28 AM
You seem hostile...Maybe you should blow off some steam HERE. (http://s14.invisionfree.com/AQM4/index.php?act=idx) Something the Schweeb threw together to fill in the void that AM3 has left on our favorites lists. See you there.

Yeha, he should start by checking his Outlook and/or use his MSN more often.
And we need the Freeman there also.

GFreeman
10-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Haha i love it! I allready registered on the forum! Great to have a simular Aquamark place again lol! :toast:

Martinx
10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Good stuff! I'm going to remain in this forum though since I kinda like it.

Kanavit
10-07-2005, 10:11 PM
heya guys nice to see you guys again, woot! :p

Martinx
10-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Comeon Kanavit, register!

Kanavit
10-08-2005, 06:12 AM
register? lol

Martinx
10-08-2005, 06:49 AM
Yes, read the posts above man! I'll make it easier for you... Reigster here (just do it:p):

http://s14.invisionfree.com/AQM4/index.php?act=idx

wkmgt
10-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey Kanavit, Give it a shot. It's like the old AM3 forum minus the ARC..... :banana:

Kanavit
10-08-2005, 10:31 AM
cool, thx guys . i will give it a shot. :p

bullet2urbrain
10-08-2005, 07:25 PM
oh yeah and quit being such a wuss and start pushing your hardware..

you've got 80k in there buddy c'mon

im joined up but i dont check cuz i dunno why.. i didnt add it to my tab's in FireFox.

Kanavit
10-08-2005, 08:41 PM
hehe, 80k. i would luv it.