PDA

View Full Version : How should the prizes be spread?

saaya
08-27-2005, 08:42 AM
im having a hard time to decide what prizes to put in what category and how to set the categories in a fair way...

many of you guys told me you enjoyed the compo and dont really care about the prizes, well i just thougt i might as well make a lottery among all the people who were in the compo from week1 and posted their scores every week. thats the most fair way of giving away the prizes i could think of, and its less pain for me since i dont have to figure out a way to put you guys into categories in a more or less fair way and dont have to figure out what prize to put up for what category.

my idea was this:
ill put all names of the guys who participated throughout the weeks in a hat, mix em and my beautifull assistant fanny ;) :D goes and pulls names out of the hat. the first person get to pick first from the collection of prizes we have, then the second person that gets picked choses a prize and so on.

as for the prizes, we have:
4 fm pro serials for a benchmark of your choice
4 fm cds/dvds of a benchmark of your choice
4 fm t-shirts
2 ocz ddr boosters
2 512mb sticks ocz vx4000
1 ocz 600W psu
1 dfi mainboard (not sure)

if you dont want a lottery np, i can give away the prizes based on categories as well, just thougt it would be nice to share the prizes as fair as possible amongst all of you :)

Entity_Razer
08-27-2005, 08:59 AM
well it depends actually. If you have like, say a 6800GT or something it'd be useless to give it to someone with a 7800GTX or 6800Ultra.....
so those prices would better suit the "low end" Gfx card section of the people.

Same goes for procs if you happen to have them ... I know people can just simply sell/trade the prizes but it's useless in my opinion to give someone with a FX 55 a AMD 3200+ or something....

So defenitly category based but combined with a lottery system i'd say.

HousERaT
08-27-2005, 09:23 AM
I suppose if the prizes are packs of chewing gum then I'll donate any winnings to charity.... :D

For the most part I don't care what we do with the prizes unless of course we have some pertinant hardware up for grabs. I think letting the top people in each category pick from the prizes first makes the most sense.

saaya
08-27-2005, 09:37 AM
well it depends actually. If you have like, say a 6800GT or something it'd be useless to give it to someone with a 7800GTX or 6800Ultra.....
so those prices would better suit the "low end" Gfx card section of the people.

Same goes for procs if you happen to have them ... I know people can just simply sell/trade the prizes but it's useless in my opinion to give someone with a FX 55 a AMD 3200+ or something....

So defenitly category based but combined with a lottery system i'd say.

ok, but how? :D

as for the prizes, we have:
4 fm pro serials for a benchmark of your choice
4 fm cds/dvds of a benchmark of your choice
4 fm t-shirts
2 ocz ddr boosters
1 ocz 600W psu

my idea was this:
ill put all names of the guys who participated throughout the weeks in a hat, mix em and my beautifull assistant fanny ;) :D goes and pulls names out of the hat. the first person gets to pick first from the collection of prizes we have, then the second person that gets picked choses a prize and so on.

get what i mean?

Vapor
08-27-2005, 09:47 AM
I say lottery....people with 7800GTXs shouldn't get precedent and there's really no way to prorate the scores (or no good way). Everyone who went the distance should have an equal chance of getting the prizes. Seems there's 17 prizes for the 17 people who went the distance (now I'm kicking myself for not just running off two crappy scores on SPI and 2k1).

Jeff
08-27-2005, 09:49 AM
I think a lottery is fine... or basically any other "fun" way. I voted "Don't really care" because as long as you give away free stuff... people will be happy. ;) (well... the losers won't but hey... they are losers!) :lol:

[XC] leviathan18
08-27-2005, 09:53 AM
i cry for the dfi save kittens and babies i hate my a8n sli deluxe :'( me wants the dfi :'( my air setup did xtreme well in 3dmark03 (the pro accounts are nice btw) very nice prizes sayaa... i tought the prize was something more simple but this is out of proportion really nice.

hope everybody had as much fun as i did (except for pcmark05) and hope to make a nice competition like this again with ya guys

Highland3r
08-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Not bothered tbh... Not in the running for a prize at anyrate (damn 64mb cards :() so not going to make an official vote, as its (imo) not really for those who didnt complete all the tasks to decide....

As some others have said, really enjoyed this compo, was nice to run some different benchies on the system :)

Jamo
08-27-2005, 10:13 AM
i like sayaa's idea, first person out the hat gets there choice then so on.....

saaya
08-27-2005, 10:22 AM
hey jeff! just thougt about mailing you this morning :D
good to hear from you buddy :toast:
hows it going for ya? :)

well maybe somebody gets to draw from the prize bucket and picks the dfi and gives it to you leviathan, you never know :D or maybe youll be lucky and get to pick it up yourself :)

and im sure not only you had a problem with pcm2k5 :D
that bench is the only literal "stress test" i know and stresses the user at least as much as the hardware running it :lol: :D

well imo all of you deserve a prize for beeing so patient and persistant, thats why i tried really hard to get a prize for all of you, and it seems i have succeeded :)
the prizes are yours, now its up to you guys to decide how you share them between you. if everybody agrees to a certain list showing who should get what prize, thats fine with me as well, but i figured the easiest and most fair way would be the lottery :D

i just finished posting the final stats for all benchmarks in the rankings thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71097

you now have detailed stats of all the benchmarks you ran and can check how well you are ranking in each test. please check if the stats are right and if i accidently got something wrong or if theres anything missing etc.
if you find something or have a tip just pm me or post in that thread :)

while it was a huge load of work i did enjoy this compo, and i have all the tables ready to use them again for the next compo :D

gotta run, l8er :D

[XC] leviathan18
08-27-2005, 10:31 AM
you saayaa my friend ROX this grand prix was EXCELENT really i liked i lkied to see others benches and everybody having so much fun even with pcmark05 really i feel this comunity is in the TOP

well i think the best way is lottery based thing is up to you i really dont care im happy even with the t shirt i usually never won anything xD

alexio
08-27-2005, 10:35 AM
What about a lottery between te winners about who has to chose first and who next en so on? This way the most lucky guys can chose what they need :)

Gryph
08-27-2005, 10:38 AM
I voted lottery but I really dont care because I had fun doing the competition either way.

Gryph

funkflix
08-27-2005, 10:47 AM
[x] lottery :)

Ugly n Grey
08-27-2005, 11:24 AM
I voted lottery just because it was such an overall struggle to even finish for lots of folks...first outta da hat gets first choice, second gets second etc...no worries. But honestly it was just plain fun.

I really am suprised by the amount of hardware that died. I mean really surprised. Even I lost a mobo, I just replaced it with the same thing. So really, some very cool scores were produced, I learned a lot of things about 3D benchies by watching other folks (not a 3D guy personally).

I learned my x700 can be made to work a lil better than the 9800's with some patience but not much better :) I also figure the ol man is getting a kickass HTPC :) lol....

And thanks Saaya for hosting, look forward to the next one...

funkflix
08-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Second that! Great work sayaa and thx for that nice competition! :toast:
(even if i had a lot of problems with pccrap 05 xD)

InSanCen
08-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Not checked my scores yet, i may have done well, may have not (Probably the latter), but I'll vote lottery... (Although...OCZ DDR booster, memory and PSU are all nice things that I want :D ).

It just better that way, everyone who got a score for all the weeks (Or couldn't submit through no fault of their own), should be in the hat.

just my .02 though

Poki
08-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I voted "don't care" but after thinking about just send me one of these :lol2:
1 ocz 600W psu

i found nemo
08-27-2005, 01:19 PM
what about me 754 with 6600gt all day :D

harleybro
08-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Voted lottery here. Saaya my sp1 time was on dry ice posted a water one but said to change my catagory to di if ya used that one. :) Lots of fun runnin all the benches thanks for the compitition. :toast:

Poki
08-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks Troman, i was pleased overall for my combo.

I was a little dissapointed that there wasn't more longterm people, i believe we had nearly 100 signed at the start and finished with so few. I figured the hardware i was running would be a popular combo but there were only a couple of peeps running the 3000+/DFI NF4/6600gt. I hope we have a better turn out next time. *crosses fingers*

Magnj
08-27-2005, 04:52 PM
I voted for category accidently lol. Lottery seems best to me though

ex2cib
08-27-2005, 05:06 PM

I was a little dissapointed that there wasn't more longterm people, i believe we had nearly 100 signed at the start and finished with so few. I figured the hardware i was running would be a popular combo but there were only a couple of peeps running the 3000+/DFI NF4/6600gt. I hope we have a better turn out next time. *crosses fingers*

i was planning on running the GP, but my 6600gt died while playing splinter cell CT, stock clocks. i hope i can get in the next one if there is a next one. just give @ least 2 weeks notice so i can download the benchmarks. stuck on 56k right now till december (dsl then). right now i'm on the wrong side of the street for cable.

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-27-2005, 05:17 PM
This competition was such an utter disaster for me... most of my scores are stock runs/sub-stock scores... blech. not to mention my computer has been inches from the fritz this whole time and now virtually nothing is working.

ZX7891
08-27-2005, 06:02 PM
I think out of the last 2 months ive had my computer run flawlessy for about 8 days :)

n00b 0f l337
08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
I think probably lottery style. But as said, the people who need the hardware would get the best stuff.

HousERaT
08-27-2005, 06:38 PM
I guess this grand prix was hard on a few computers? :p:

Ugly n Grey
08-27-2005, 07:06 PM

Understatement of the year... :banana: lol

[XC] leviathan18
08-27-2005, 07:42 PM
i change my asus a8n sli chipset fan modded for a dfi :( i really hate my mobo.... my 30dmark 01 aquamark and pcmark 05 really sux those weeks i was kinda busy with university, my best 3d mark 03 i think that scores stands out and my 05 are quite high for air and 6600gt

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-28-2005, 07:22 AM
just my harddrives :-P
had a partially corrupted RAID array on my hands when PC05 started and had to do a reformat :-/
I'm lucky to have managed to run any of the benchmarks... :-)

saaya
08-28-2005, 07:23 AM
What about a lottery between te winners about who has to chose first and who next en so on? This way the most lucky guys can chose what they need :)

yiou mean winners from the categories?
but thats the problem, what categories do we use?
and i have no idea how to put everybody into categories so we get 18 winners...

I voted lottery just because it was such an overall struggle to even finish for lots of folks...first outta da hat gets first choice, second gets second etc...no worries. But honestly it was just plain fun.

I really am suprised by the amount of hardware that died. I mean really surprised. Even I lost a mobo, I just replaced it with the same thing. So really, some very cool scores were produced, I learned a lot of things about 3D benchies by watching other folks (not a 3D guy personally).

I learned my x700 can be made to work a lil better than the 9800's with some patience but not much better :) I also figure the ol man is getting a kickass HTPC :) lol....

And thanks Saaya for hosting, look forward to the next one...
hell yeah! and you guys dont even know all of it since some people just silently left the compo and sent me a pm that their hardware died and never posted about it, i thougt about making a list, but i figured id better save my resources for something else, plus it would be really depressing to look at ^^

Give it to the ones that really diserved it...
and that's easy to point out ...
hey hey!
didnt know your still around :)

Voted lottery here. Saaya my sp1 time was on dry ice posted a water one but said to change my catagory to di if ya used that one. :) Lots of fun runnin all the benches thanks for the compitition. :toast:
ok, but only for superpi, it seems categories wont matter anyways and it would make your results look less impressing if they would all look like they were made on di...

heh, youd be surprised about how many people had to leave because their hardware died! :D
at least half of the people who left didnt leave because they were unpatient or anything, but because their hardware died and they couldnt replace it in time :D

I voted for category accidently lol. Lottery seems best to me though
doesnt look like it matters, so im not editing the poll :D

This competition was such an utter disaster for me... most of my scores are stock runs/sub-stock scores... blech. not to mention my computer has been inches from the fritz this whole time and now virtually nothing is working.
sorry to hear man :(

well the result of the poll looks pretty clear, should i wait for more votes or should i get the hat ready? :D

thx a lot for the nice words, im glad you enjoyed the compo and will be back next time :D looking at how nice and relaxed everything turned out i dont feel any regrets putting that much work into this :)
i finally want to thank all the guys like sxs112 for example, who couldnt post a score in every week but kept benching and posting and sharing results nevertheless, just for the fun of it :toast:

boshuter
08-28-2005, 07:52 AM
I'd say get the hat ready...... the poll was fairly predictable. Unless someone was at the top they were hardly going to vote for catagories. (I'm not at the top, but I voted catagories), to me the lottery deal is too much like bowling or anything with a handicap in it, you could win with any pc. I figured it would be split into cooling and video cards, not much else matters.

Entity_Razer
08-28-2005, 09:03 AM

As said before my, understatement of the year. i've never heard my PC moan and complain like that before. I've had HDD failiures, IDE controller breakdownes, Rotten cables, GPU-mem coolers falling off due to to much heat....

But I enjoyed myself :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:less and as I look at the prices, I would like ANY of them. Even the silly Futuremark T shirt so.....

:)

EDIT:

I'd do categories like this 'grid like'

Cooling: Hihg/low end (high = Water, DI, Low = air)
GPU cards= ATI - Hihg/low end Nvidia Hihg-Low end
Procs: according to generation.
AMD 64's are in my opinion a sure win over ANY AXP but they are a newer generation same for P4's vs AXP's or AMD64's, the early P4's where AXP competitiors and not competitors to handle the AMD64's of today....

[XC] leviathan18
08-28-2005, 09:25 AM
O/T troman i liked more you old avatar :P

[XC] leviathan18
08-28-2005, 10:23 AM
^^ that is a kicka$$ avatar :P i like it very much

saaya
08-28-2005, 10:38 AM
And why not ?didn't i created this gpx togheter with you? :)
yeah but before it launched you said your too busy to help me with the compo and i had not seen you on xs after that, good to see your still around :)

I'd do categories like this 'grid like'

Cooling: Hihg/low end (high = Water, DI, Low = air)
GPU cards= ATI - Hihg/low end Nvidia Hihg-Low end
Procs: according to generation.
AMD 64's are in my opinion a sure win over ANY AXP but they are a newer generation same for P4's vs AXP's or AMD64's, the early P4's where AXP competitiors and not competitors to handle the AMD64's of today....

early p4s? there are only prescotts in this compo afaik...
so high end cpus vs low end cpus? based on the stock speed or the oced speed of the cpu? what speed for an intel cpu and what speed for an amd cpu? and when is it a low end and when is it a high end cpu? what about the dual core a64 somebody used? what about videocards? is a 6600gt in the same category as a 9550?
its really hard and complicated to make fair categories, especially with so few people left in the compo.

I'd say get the hat ready...... the poll was fairly predictable. Unless someone was at the top they were hardly going to vote for catagories.
you think? i dont think so, harleybro who def would have been a winner in the category based prizing voted for lottery based even though hes theoretically reducing his chances to get a prize by doing so. :)

Highland3r
08-28-2005, 11:04 AM
How about:
A64 (and dothan) air/water -> phase
Intel air/water -> phase

High end gfx - 6800GT -> (inc X8xx series and SLI?)
Mid range gfx - 6600GT/9800's etc
Low end gfx - anything below mid ;)

Again with air/water -> phase cateogies and sli maybe??

Each person gets points for the the CPU category and the GFX category. Add these up, with a weighting against the Phase guys and bobs your uncle?
Amd hi, mid, low
and Intel hi, mid, low?

Perhaps? Though theres still those with the AXP's to contend with though i can only find 2 of them, so maybe they get dibs on summit for badly needing upgrades? LOL!

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-28-2005, 11:24 AM
if you break it into so many categories, you'll get like 1-2 people per category at most. Very confusing.
also, rolling all A64s together isn't very fair for those of us with ancient, crappy A64s (754 newcastles, anyone?) when there's people in our category who can get higher OCs on air than we can get with dry ice.

Ugly n Grey
08-28-2005, 11:43 AM
exactly, making the categories is too hard...where would the x700 go? it's basically a 9800 pro with faster clocks and and often gets licked in the 01 benchmark by the older cards...I wouldn't want to be the one trying to sort that mess out...It became an endurance race of sorts....wild as hell...people dying left right and centre...In the famous words of SCTV..."Blowed up REAL good"...

Anyhow, I personally don't care, I was quite happy just to take the ride....but for my two cents, either slim it down to two categories or skip the excercise entirely....

[XC] leviathan18
08-28-2005, 11:50 AM
i would say cooling air/water/phase low/mid/high range in cpu and gpu

Entity_Razer
08-28-2005, 12:01 PM
yhea true scrap mùy idea, I just noticed with all the dropouts i'm the only AXP user with a ATI card left who finished the GP..... :stick:

BTW its not fair to pit a AXP barton or older up against the present day A64's even if they are S754

InSanCen
08-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I probably have the slowest rig in the compo (1700 AXP, non mobile w/6600GT), and I think I'd have a better chance of getting a prize if we went with categories (Of the other AXP users Acid dropped out, and I beat Entity Razor on 4 of the 6 tests IIRC).

Still, I voted lottery, as it's just too damn hard to sort categories out, especially afterwards. i mean, to get a fair split, you would need loads of prizes, and roughly half the table would get one. there are just too many permutations on the setups to split them up so everybody is happy.

So, pick em outta a hat, 'cos I need to know if i still need to buy an OCZ DDR booster for the upcoming Forum War... (Hell, I might even format & Reinstall... The whole XSGP was ran on my bloated everyday WinXP Setup :rolleyes: )

Gryph
08-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I say break out the hat.....

Gryph

Jamo
08-28-2005, 12:49 PM
yeah making all thoser categorys is too complex, just break out the hat

Saaya - your bribe is in your PM!

...........i'm jokin of course :p:

harleybro
08-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Tell me about it think I started w/ FX-55 clawhammer but killed it due to not insulating enough when runnin DI one weekend stepped to a FX-55 SD. I believe it was 2 7800gtx's I lost also one w/ a mod gona bad and another where the waterblock wasn't seated well. :( Oh yeah forgot about 1 stick of redlines that went south also lol.

D4nnyOcean
08-28-2005, 01:44 PM
I voted for lottery based also. I had fun, only lost one motherboard during the contest. :toast:

JfRsQ
08-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Voted for the hat & Fanny. I had a lot of fun doing all these benchmarks and killing 1 6600GT only :rolleyes: Congrats to everybody who were able to make all of the 6 rounds and thanks to Saaya and all others who jumped to help make it possible :woot: :clap:

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-28-2005, 04:39 PM
wow, harley is out like 2500 bucks on this competition... 2 7800s, FX-55, and some sick memory? ouch...

saaya
08-29-2005, 01:45 AM
How about:
A64 (and dothan) air/water -> phase
Intel air/water -> phase

High end gfx - 6800GT -> (inc X8xx series and SLI?)
Mid range gfx - 6600GT/9800's etc
Low end gfx - anything below mid ;)

Again with air/water -> phase cateogies and sli maybe??

Each person gets points for the the CPU category and the GFX category. Add these up, with a weighting against the Phase guys and bobs your uncle?
Amd hi, mid, low
and Intel hi, mid, low?

Perhaps? Though theres still those with the AXP's to contend with though i can only find 2 of them, so maybe they get dibs on summit for badly needing upgrades? LOL!
bloody soprcerer is right imo ,that many categories are just confusing...

i would say cooling air/water/phase low/mid/high range in cpu and gpu

cpu high air
cpu high water
cpu high phase

cpu mid air
cpu mid water
cpu mid phase

cpu low air
cpu low water
cpu low phase

gpu high air
gpu high water
gpu high phase

gpu mid air
gpu mid water
gpu mid phase

gpu low air
gpu low water
gpu low phase

18 prizes... sounds like a good idea, but then theres the problem of deciding what hardware goes into what category...

yhea true scrap mùy idea, I just noticed with all the dropouts i'm the only AXP user with a ATI card left who finished the GP..... :stick:

BTW its not fair to pit a AXP barton or older up against the present day A64's even if they are S754 :toast:

I probably have the slowest rig in the compo (1700 AXP, non mobile w/6600GT), and I think I'd have a better chance of getting a prize if we went with categories (Of the other AXP users Acid dropped out, and I beat Entity Razor on 4 of the 6 tests IIRC).

Still, I voted lottery, as it's just too damn hard to sort categories out, especially afterwards. i mean, to get a fair split, you would need loads of prizes, and roughly half the table would get one. there are just too many permutations on the setups to split them up so everybody is happy.

So, pick em outta a hat, 'cos I need to know if i still need to buy an OCZ DDR booster for the upcoming Forum War... (Hell, I might even format & Reinstall... The whole XSGP was ran on my bloated everyday WinXP Setup :rolleyes: ):toast:

That's bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:...
i pulled of during week 3,cause some people(also know as forum owner) thought it was fun to overtake the compo and make their own rules..And doing as i didn't existed....i was their watching it the whole time how i couldn't do :banana::banana::banana::banana:....
rules are made to be respected not to be broken...
This grand prix was a not how i created it...
were is the xtrememarks system?
oh wel :banana::banana::banana::banana: it...
woa, easy man...
dont know what happened with fugger, but how did he take over the compo and make new rules? and why didnt you tell me about it? you just sent me a pm saying your too busy...
you have pm.

[XC] leviathan18
08-29-2005, 02:18 AM
saaya my idea is to split us and see who won each category no for the prizes i think the prizes should be just lottery based is less complicated

funkflix
08-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Plz do the lottery thing, or we can discuss about the categorys till next summer, u know what i mean?! ;)

Next competition, set the rules for prices in front of it, then nobody can complain about it. :)

@Troman

Chill. :cool:

Jamo
08-29-2005, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=GravediggA
Next competition, set the rules for prices in front of it, then nobody can complain about it. :)[/QUOTE]

:toast: yeah set the rules and categorys first, so we don't end up with an ati style fiasco on our hands...

boshuter
08-29-2005, 04:01 AM
LOL.... I'm changing my vote to lottery. I can see that there is no way to do catagories that everyone is going to be happy with. I do think the next one should be done differently, the rules and catagories should be spelled out BEFORE the contest starts, and more importantly, they should be stuck to. We had people swapping hardware, submitting late scores, you name it, it happend. It seems like a contest like this that anyone can enter is going to be a nightmare to do. There has to be a way to limit the number of catagories, that means that someone running some hardware just won't be able to compete, but they will just have to wait for one that encompasses the stuff they choose to run. You can narrow it down to cooling (air,phase,water), video cards (based on #pipes) and that's about it. Making a seperate catagories for running 4-5 year old video cards is just not feasible, that could be a seperate contest for obsolete hardware or something.

Oh well ..... nuff said..... I really don't care how you do the prizes. I had a blast and learned a lot about some of the benches. I had my personal best scores in most of them (except SuperPi :rolleyes: ) A big thanks to you for runnning this, I can only imagine how much work it was.. :toast:

boshuter
08-29-2005, 04:04 AM
I see we have 39 votes in the poll..... and only 24 people finished all the benches... :D

[XC] leviathan18
08-29-2005, 06:32 AM
yeah as some ppl said that category thing yo can do it for the next one and a week before start we all can decide which cards goes in which categories, now just make a lottery and problem solved.....

really thanks all of you guys to run in the compo for so long to have fun, sorry for the dead HW, i think we all had problems and thanks saaya and UnG and troman to keep this up

Fission
08-29-2005, 10:09 AM
I changed too much hardware to really stay in teh competition, so I doubt very much my vote counts, so I won't vote, but just say that Lotto kinda removes the competitive nature of the competition.

I say you square it off the old fashioned way: Rock Paper Scissors. That, or everyone make a level 1 character in World or Warcraft, and duelling should determine who wins the competition.

[XC] leviathan18
08-29-2005, 10:45 AM
this competition was for fun i dont stand chance against 7800gt gtx x850xt pe and better cpus and better cooling i did my best every week but im not in the top and most ppl with lower cards are in the same problem.....

so i think as we didnt choose the categories before start this should be a luck contest to win the prizes, even with the t shirt im happy i never win anything so that would be great :D......

next time i will try to do even better specially with aquamark this was my first time runing it and it was a kind of disaster and pcmark05 was awful

for the next GP forget about pcmark05 plz really

funkflix
08-29-2005, 11:09 AM
even with the t shirt im happy i never win anything so that would be great :D......

Hehe, same here! :toast:

Indeed! :D

InSanCen
08-29-2005, 11:29 AM

Ditto, the WMP10 EULA is a heinous thing...

I think the majority are for the lottery, so get the hat going and make some people happy... They deserve it after the 6 weeks we've had.

[XC] leviathan18
08-29-2005, 12:08 PM
saaya should put our rigs in the front page :P the poor rigs were stressed during 6 weeks :D

InSanCen
08-29-2005, 12:26 PM
I suspect the prize "Winners" will get a mention on the front page

as for others, the category thing will rear it's head again...

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-29-2005, 12:52 PM
yeah, never ever ever doing pc05 again. WMP10 is murder, not to mention the benchmark + my computer = bad. right, saaya? 3478 run during the compo week, but, because pc05 destabilized my compy, couldn't be submitted until the day the score thread was locked... T_T

Entity_Razer
08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
this is just something I noticed but is it not so that witht he lottery everyone who has enterd and completed the GP (26 persons IIRC) have a equally large change of winning something?

Because that IS cool/nice about it all :)

We're in it for fun anyways :)

Cheers

[XC] leviathan18
08-30-2005, 11:32 AM
any news on this?

funkflix
08-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Hmm leviathan18, u have a "news" in ur title, so do something! :D

[XC] leviathan18
08-30-2005, 11:48 AM
:owned: :shrug: :slap: :fact: well i dont have news

perhaps the only news is im goint to :CTF: :frag: for that dfi xD

pobolycwm
08-30-2005, 11:58 AM
i didnt enter the gp but it is my opinion that prizes should be lotteried between people who completed all benchmarks

saaya
08-31-2005, 05:36 AM
LOL.... I'm changing my vote to lottery. I can see that there is no way to do catagories that everyone is going to be happy with. I do think the next one should be done differently, the rules and catagories should be spelled out BEFORE the contest starts, and more importantly, they should be stuck to. We had people swapping hardware, submitting late scores, you name it, it happend. It seems like a contest like this that anyone can enter is going to be a nightmare to do. There has to be a way to limit the number of catagories, that means that someone running some hardware just won't be able to compete, but they will just have to wait for one that encompasses the stuff they choose to run. You can narrow it down to cooling (air,phase,water), video cards (based on #pipes) and that's about it. Making a seperate catagories for running 4-5 year old video cards is just not feasible, that could be a seperate contest for obsolete hardware or something.

Oh well ..... nuff said..... I really don't care how you do the prizes. I had a blast and learned a lot about some of the benches. I had my personal best scores in most of them (except SuperPi :rolleyes: ) A big thanks to you for runnning this, I can only imagine how much work it was.. :toast:

i sure learned a lot about making a competition, this beeing my second compo im pretty happy with it, but i know i still have a lot to do better next time :D

thx for all the tips and comments! :toast:

I see we have 39 votes in the poll..... and only 24 people finished all the benches... :D
:doh: i forgot to make this poll a public poll so we can see who voted what and i can remove the votes or ignore the votes of the people who didnt even take part in the compo. sorry.

well still looks like most people want the lottery or am i wrong?

oh and leviathan, good idea to make categories anyways, that way i can already get a feeling for it for the next compo :)

I changed too much hardware to really stay in teh competition, so I doubt very much my vote counts, so I won't vote, but just say that Lotto kinda removes the competitive nature of the competition.

I say you square it off the old fashioned way: Rock Paper Scissors. That, or everyone make a level 1 character in World or Warcraft, and duelling should determine who wins the competition.lol :D

heh, ok :D
i already talked to the project coordinator of sciencemark about making a new sm version with checksum and/or orb :)

saaya should put our rigs in the front page :P the poor rigs were stressed during 6 weeks :D
maybe i should put something in the front page in memory of all the poor hardware that was killed during this compo :D

yeah, never ever ever doing pc05 again. WMP10 is murder, not to mention the benchmark + my computer = bad. right, saaya? 3478 run during the compo week, but, because pc05 destabilized my compy, couldn't be submitted until the day the score thread was locked... T_T
posted about this in the rankings thread :)

this is just something I noticed but is it not so that witht he lottery everyone who has enterd and completed the GP (26 persons IIRC) have a equally large change of winning something?

Because that IS cool/nice about it all :)

We're in it for fun anyways :)

Cheers
18, not 26 :D

i didnt enter the gp but it is my opinion that prizes should be lotteried between people who completed all benchmarks
welcome to XtremeSystems :toast:

about news, fanny is comming over to my place tomorrow, i already got a nice hat and the papers with your names on them :D

[XC] leviathan18
08-31-2005, 08:59 AM
wooohooooo me prays for good luck :hm:

InSanCen
08-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Wish me luck... I already have.

Hope summat get's on the fron't page... (Imagine bugle in background) A lot of good hardware died for a noble cause... It deserves the honour of being remembered...

Good luck to all when the hat goes in to Action...

[XC] leviathan18
08-31-2005, 11:03 AM
well i think we all deserves to be in front page my hw didnt die but i runned with lots of problems too and i think we all did so a collage with all our pc would be great

Entity_Razer
08-31-2005, 12:06 PM
18, not 26 :D

So we have 18 prizes.
18 people who finished the GP

Hotdiggidy Dam :D
My day can't get any better now saaya :)

BTW if your gonna do a collage for on the Frontpage, tell me first, I'll send in a pic of my rig :)

saaya
08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
fine with me, but i dont have time to do a collage, but if any of you wants to do one i can post it on the front page :)

[XC] leviathan18
08-31-2005, 01:04 PM
well how can make a nice collage of the rigs something like the one saaya did for the GP and be creatives the dead rigs can be smoking in the pic xD i could it if i were pro @ photchop but im not

Ugly n Grey
08-31-2005, 01:10 PM
I fell in...to a burning ring of fire...down down down...

Gotta have Muzac to go with the piccy....

I have the artistic talent of a hampster high on magic marker fumes...someone step up lads...

[XC] leviathan18
08-31-2005, 01:53 PM
who is fanny ?

InSanCen
08-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Well, post some pics of your rig's, and I'll have a go at a collage. (I work with Photoshop a lot, know a lot, but am not a "Master" at it).

I'll go through the Registration Thread. IF you didn't post a picture of your rig there, and are one of us 18 who finished, then you need to post one somewhere, and PM me or just PM me with linkage, so i can get the image... Will start tonight after work (But will download pics now)

Any Particular size Picture you want Saaya? and Can I get a final list of the 18 Finishers?

I gotta fit 18 rigs in a piccie... should be fun.

EDIT:-
I have 6 piccies from the rankings thread (Links to the registration for each person).

HouseRat, Gravedigga and myself are sorted, and while I have pics for leviathan18, pkg1337 and poki i would rather hace case shots (Makes things easier)

So, PM me with linkage peeps... :) You're gonna be front page news!

boshuter
09-01-2005, 03:35 AM
I'll take a pic this evening after work and pm the link..... sure aint pretty though ;) I can't remember when I actually had sides on the case, it's sitting on my dining room table right in front of a window AC unit :D You can get away with that kind of stuff if you are single... :toast:

JfRsQ
09-01-2005, 04:15 AM
PM me if you need more pix of my rig, I got 3 in the ranking thread, but in case it wouldn't work :banana:

funkflix
09-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Here (http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/details.php?id=23) are some better pics u can use! ;)

Any news saaya? :toast:

Poki
09-01-2005, 09:06 AM
InSanSen, my case is a *through the wall* type of install. The case and cooling have thier own room in which they live to isolate heat and noise. Looking at it now i can't really see a clean picture i could take... It pretty much looks like hell!
I could snap a userend pic of the face if that would be more collage friendly but pretty boring.

Jamo
09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
.....i dont have a digicam, i know i live in the dark ages, so i cant send in any pics of my rig....sorry

Entity_Razer
09-01-2005, 09:46 AM
insansen expect my pics somewhere tomorrow

InSanCen
09-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Cheers guys, working on it now...

Jamo, that's cool, no worries,
JfRsQ, last pic should work fine, sorry, missed that ( :rolleyes: )
Poki, I'll finad a way to get it in there somehow.

Post some linkage everyone else...

D4nnyOcean
09-01-2005, 11:13 AM
I'll post one tonight. You want a full body or just a head shot? :D

InSanCen
09-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I'll post one tonight. You want a full body or just a head shot? :D

LMAO!

I need some "Full Frontal" shots ;)

But post/PM anything you want, just going to have to do a "teenagers Photo Board" Type thing.

All the pics I have so far are now a seperate Layer in PS, ready to be shoved round as needed...

You can PM me with a link as well peeps

[XC] leviathan18
09-01-2005, 01:28 PM
sorry to answer so late i was very busy

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3258/picture029small0pt.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture029small0pt.jpg)

Bloody_Sorcerer
09-01-2005, 01:30 PM
my rig is in the registration booth. YES I did finish the competition, but my pc05 score was late... if theres only 18 prizes in the end, I'm DQed, so don't worry guys :)

Gryph
09-01-2005, 02:11 PM
I will post a pic of my bench rig tomorrow. It has never been in a case yet

Gryph

InSanCen
09-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Any pic is ok Gryph, I'll work it in there somehow.

Gonna be sort of a "Spot your rig" for 5 year olds... collage... I think.

Still need 10 rig pics... (Jamo can't, that's cool) to finish this

D4nnyOcean
09-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Attached photos. One day I'll figure out how to take better photos.
:slapass:

harleybro
09-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Here's the start of the set-up for my super-pi run:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/405/picture0163an.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0163an.jpg)

I'll try and find some all water pics for my other runs. :)

saaya
09-02-2005, 04:40 AM
Any Particular size Picture you want Saaya? and Can I get a final list of the 18 Finishers?
hmmmm well we will have to resize it to put it on the front page anyways, so no, any size is fine :)
th a lot for doing that collage man! :toast:

Any news saaya? :toast:
fanny is too busy :/
she said she has time on sunday but thats too far away. im going to pull the names out of the hat myself tonight, maybe i can find some other hot chic to do it, but i guess not :D

Bloody_Sorcerer, good new for you, i hit up dangerden and he will donate 2 DD shirts as well, so there are 19 prizes for 19 winners now, im still waiting for dfi though, hope i can get a board as a prize :/

lmao harleybro, nice case :D

InSanCen
09-02-2005, 10:17 AM
No Problems... It gives me a legitimate excuse to be on the PC, (Like I needed one...)

ATM the pic is 1600x1200 :D . I may be able to drop it down a bit if you want. Is there a Deadline? D4nnyOcean and harleybro's pics are now added.

Bloody_Sorcerer
09-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Bloody_Sorcerer, good new for you, i hit up dangerden and he will donate 2 DD shirts as well, so there are 19 prizes for 19 winners now, im still waiting for dfi though, hope i can get a board as a prize :/
EXCELLENT! woohoo, go saaya :) :toast: :woot: :worship: :worship:

[XC] leviathan18
09-02-2005, 02:52 PM
me praying heavily to win something nice :P