PDA

View Full Version : Advise : Watercooling Dual 3.6GHz Noconas

pokipoki
08-27-2005, 04:23 AM
@Watercooling users
I had bought 2 complete WC kits : Thermaltake BigWater SE (http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005-01BigWaterSE/cl-w0005-01.htm). This is only an average performance WC kit (no many choices here).

My Q :

Is it better to loop a kit to one CPU
... Pump > Radiator > one CPU > Reservoir > ...

or better to merge both kits in series to WC both CPUs

... Pump A > Pump B > Radiator A > CPU A > Radiator B > CPU B > Reservoir > ...

Thanks.

poki

BRiT
08-27-2005, 06:15 AM
Keep the loops seperate.

Your best bet would be to return those kits and get something that isn't complete and total crap.

Holst
08-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Definatley seperate the CPU's

Combining the kits would make your flowrates very poor.

It should work ok and be fairly quiet, not quite the performance of a custom system, but much better than air and quieter.

Take some pics of the system once you have it running, it will look cool with all those pipes in there.

pokipoki
08-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I'm a newbie with WC, as I read the WC guides, I thought running those poor pumps (90L/hr) in series could increase some head pressure. As noted, both CPUs in loop could give higher resistance also.

So, I'm not sure to compromise which? Thanks.

pokipoki
08-28-2005, 01:16 PM
I've installed the TT WC kit (one to each CPU)

Pump > Radiator > one CPU > Reservoir >

idle temps in BIOS are high : CPU1-43C, CPU2-39C

Thanks to all for helping me with WC :D

Dual Xeon 4.2GHz screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/pokipoki/dual-233x18_2.jpg).

Regards,
poki

Holst
08-29-2005, 05:23 AM
nice overclock :D

Glad it all worked out. Post some pics if you can.

I think that combining the system into one would at best result in the same flowrates but they would probably be worse.

Adding another pump wont give you 100% more flowrate so you would probably be worse off. As doubling the blocks/tubing would equal almost 100% more pressure drop (restriction)

moonlightcheese
08-29-2005, 07:35 AM
that is definitely one hellofa OC. nice work. from what i understand the TT bigwater setup is about the same performance as some of the high end air cooling out there, although water definitely looks better ;)

maybe when you get ready to revamp you'll switch some of those parts out for high performance material and improve those OCs even more. nice job!

post a pic of that machine! ^_^