PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do I remove the Prometia Bezel ?

IronFire
12-31-2002, 10:53 AM
As per title, I have been trying ever since I got the thing and still I cant do it, nor can any one else I have asked to have a go. So how do you do it and if possible can I see a piccy of the back of the facia so I can see how it attaches.

Cheers

IronFire
12-31-2002, 06:10 PM
Right, in the Prometia Manual it says to push down then pull forward, then lift it up and out. This simply doesnt work, I push down but pulling forward does nothing, I have had 2 peopel try pulling forward at once, still nothing.

So your saying I push the entire thing up ?

IronFire
12-31-2002, 06:14 PM
It really wont budge, can I have a look at the top 2 catchs or arent there any ?

TheDude
01-01-2003, 06:40 AM
Sure, hang on will post asap:D Pull the latch you see in pic towards you, then lift upwards and off..once you see how it works it will be easy...remove the bottom cover off refer unit 1st to make it easy.

MrIcee
01-07-2003, 09:04 AM
The bottom bezel pulls out from the top first...then up and out. Firmly grasp the sides of it on each side of the readout window and pull firmly toward you, then once it's angled toward you pull it up and out.

The Case bezel is simple. Reach under the bottom and pull the catch towards you, the bezel will release and come out towards you...and then the bezel snaps out at the top.

Randi:D

IronFire
01-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Cheers for the help guys, I have a topless promy and im just trying to clean the condenser.

So I pull the bezel forward then up ?

I have tried and it just wont budge, others say it needs to go down then forward and up and often needs a screwdriver to help it, but when my hefty screwdriver started to bend I stopped.

I bet its stupidly simple but I just cant get it off !

mike.elmes
01-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by IronFire
Cheers for the help guys, I have a topless promy and im just trying to clean the condenser.

So I pull the bezel forward then up ?

I have tried and it just wont budge, others say it needs to go down then forward and up and often needs a screwdriver to help it, but when my hefty screwdriver started to bend I stopped.

I bet its stupidly simple but I just cant get it off !

Ironfire, yours is a topless, so first you should pull the top section away first(just above the LED) then once it pulls out you can lift upwards to pull the cover off. I think the pics above are for the case on top of the prom.

TheDude
01-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Sorry, I was out of town for a few days.
Yes the pics are of top panel, I didn't know you had topless. I deleted them to conserve bandwidth. I don't understand as I can hardly get my bottom panel to stay on and yours won't come off! I will snap a couple of pics of bottom panel and post them right now..hang on a sec.:D

TheDude
01-07-2003, 07:38 PM
here ya go

TheDude
01-07-2003, 07:41 PM
and removable bottom panel

TheDude
01-07-2003, 07:43 PM
1 more...sterling silver dragon I attached to case

mike.elmes
01-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Wow..... nice dust collector aren't they?? mine looks just like that.;)

TheDude
01-08-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by mike.elmes
Wow..... nice dust collector aren't they?? mine looks just like that.;)

Yeah, it's in the basement. I didn't realize it was so dirty until I saw the pic...it's clean now..for a while anyway.:D