PDA

View Full Version : My broken laptop!!!

Poly15
08-23-2005, 05:54 PM
I swear i get the wierdest computer problems....

I have this ASUS laptop. Model A2500H. I just reloaded a fresh OS on it and the CPU usage is 100% or spikes upto 100%. After about 10 minutes it will freeze up. I ran a drive fitness test on it and a mem test and both passed. I just got a new Targus AC adpator for it. When I go to try and reload the OS again the laptop cuts off when i get to about the part where i have to format the hard drive and the blue light on the ac adaptor goes out. The adaptor ONLY goes out when i try to reload windows. When the computer reezes up the AC adaptor is fine. THe battery on the laptop also will not hold a charge. I can still get into windows and play around a little but the CPU usage is all the way up and it will just freeze on me. My warranty is shot and I do not know a :banana::banana::banana::banana: load about laptops. What can i do?!?!?!?!?!?! any help would be much appreciated!! I really hope its one of these :slap: thanks all

aja
08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
hit it while cursing violently

Poly15
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
that didnt work....

Vortex
08-24-2005, 06:31 PM
I say use the trusty tool of last resort...erm the clawhammer. ;)

Poly15
08-25-2005, 09:37 AM
is there a way to check a processor? I used my memtest and hard drive test.... is there a processor test out there?

FrozenPC4Brain
08-26-2005, 01:42 AM
Don't do as I do but,
Take it apart, no screws just remove the easy stuff, bat, cards (pcmci I think) and any thing else easy to remove. put back together but leave bat out.
Check "new" ac with multi meter, Drain bat with 12VDC car lights, (brake turn type bulbs)
You might have to hook up a few together. Or hook up a fan or two from decktop.
Drain bat all way down then recharge with system OFF, maybe do it twice or more to try to remove memory from bat, (the mem of being not fully discharged)
Good luck

MaxxxRacer
08-26-2005, 01:53 AM
as a famous but ultimately doomed rap aritst once said..

"Its Hammer Time!"

edit. frozen, it depends on which batter he has. if he has Li-Ion, which he most likely does, they dont have memory and fully discharging them kills them. kills them to such a degree u might as well throw them away..

The next most likely battery is Ni-MH, which also does not have memory and also does not like to be fully discharged with the lightbulbs and such. doing so on this type of battery will not totaly kill it, but shorten the number of recharges, shorten time between charges and lower max voltage.

Ni-caD, the least likely type of batter is the only commonly (not relaly used anymroe though) battery that has memory. this type of battery needs to be sucked TOTALLY dry before recharge or else it does get memory and wont fully charge or get max voltage for charges occuring after a non full discharge.