PDA

View Full Version : Opera 6.01

TheDude
12-30-2002, 09:25 PM
I just stated using Opera a few days ago, and I must say, I like it more and more each day!
Anyone else prefer it to IE? I am learning by trial and error..any good tips or tricks for Opera that I haven't stumbled on yet?

Hardass
12-30-2002, 09:31 PM
I don,t use anything else since I found out you can set it to refresh automatically every min or so.

IFMU
12-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Well I also use Opera. I had installed it some time ago, didnt like it, removed it.
JBell was ravin about it. So I figured Id give it another shot.
I quickly began to like it. The mouse gestures are just toot schweet. But the killer part that finalized it, was having only 1 window on the task bar. While having as many actual sites open as I want.

There is one shortcut that I wish they would add in that I have to say I do miss from IE. When your putting in a site addy on IE, say to www.newegg.com you can put in just newegg and hit Ctrl+Enter, and it will put in the www and com for yea. So much better then having to type it out.

Even with all the extra tabs across the top with shortcuts... still some sites I go to, but not frequent enough for there!!!

JBELL
12-30-2002, 10:30 PM
I have been OPERA loyal for years and enjoying my purchased version of 7.0

JBELL
12-30-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by IFMU

There is one shortcut that I wish they would add in that I have to say I do miss from IE. When your putting in a site addy on IE, say to www.newegg.com you can put in just newegg and hit Ctrl+Enter, and it will put in the www and com for yea. So much better then having to type it out.

the WWW part is not a requirement anymore - the browser is smart enough to know you ''meant'' to put it there...

TheDude
12-31-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Hardass
I don,t use anything else since I found out you can set it to refresh automatically every min or so.

How?:D

NEVER MIND...JUST FOUND IT COOL

TheDude
12-31-2002, 02:41 AM
Downloaded an xp skin and buttons for opera...made it easier for me because it's the same look I was used to..sweet!

"show progress inside address bar" is cool too...love it.

Tweaked!
12-31-2002, 08:48 AM
I've been using it for quite a while now. About the only querp I've had with it is that it can't utilize a 128bit secure connection for purchasing online. Other than that, it's much faster than ie.

JBELL
12-31-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Tweaked!
I've been using it for quite a while now. About the only querp I've had with it is that it can't utilize a 128bit secure connection for purchasing online. Other than that, it's much faster than ie.

The ONLY time I use IE is when I have to do ADMIN work within the ADMIN CP for XS.

TheDude
12-31-2002, 12:07 PM
I upgraded to version 7 beta today...no option for "show progress in address bar"
I will probably buy it soon..any problems reinstalling after formats? Just downloaded trial from site and apply reg code?