PDA

View Full Version : External watercooling setups

Onyx
12-30-2002, 05:29 PM
I decided I am going to take my current setup out of my case and run it bare and was wondering what is the easiest external watercooling setup? Should I build a small box to house the radiator and pump or just lay them around? I just want to have easy access to my components and would like to know how everyone else watercools after they do this. It is closed loop btw which I don't think it even matters. Any input would be awesome.

N8
12-31-2002, 05:19 AM
Depends on how clean ya need it to look. Having everything just connected out in the open sure would be the easiest way. And since you're ripping the stuff out of your case, I'll assume it doesn't need to be too clean lookin :)

antipop
12-31-2002, 05:58 AM
I've layed them around and it's working fine, my side door is opened and the rad and pump are just next to it

stoopid
12-31-2002, 10:30 AM
I helped someone design an external watercooling box using a rubbermaid file cabinet, exhaust fan, car heater core, enheim pump, large glass reservoir and he gets awesome temps/cooling.

Place the large fan in the rear as an exhaust and the rad in the front. Make it air tight, so the exhaust pulls the air through the rad. Run the tubing through the back of the PC. Keeps the box cool, quiet, and keeps any generated heat from being in the PC case.

FishaOfMen
12-31-2002, 11:30 AM
My stuff just sits outside my case with the side panel off. I'll eventually clean it up though. Last night I accidentally stepped on my Danger Den Cube and put a nice hole in my foot. I hurt like hell.

|Oc|REvO_HsArC
01-06-2003, 06:22 PM
my setup is inside the case except for the RAdiator.... the ideal would be to have the water reservoir and the radiadot outsite the case..... i get better temps this way!