PDA

View Full Version : OK funny question kinda for this forum

Millyons
08-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Does anyone have any idea how to restore the shine to my old OCZ sticks with copper heatspreaders, i tried alcohol, acetone, cillit and nothig helps, i want them nice and shiny again :)

Charles Wirth
08-17-2005, 11:40 AM
tooth paste??

Millyons
08-17-2005, 11:41 AM
hehe good idea ill try that now :)

perry_78
08-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Well, not particularly extreme, but I have never found a way to remove the fingerprints off my copper heatsinks, so I think you'll have a difficult time doing so unless you venture into the lands of dangerous chemistry and use rather more dangerous substances.

Either way, funny how "Cillit Bang" can restore the shine to a penny but won't do jack to a copper surface :D

Millyons
08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Well, not particularly extreme, but I have never found a way to remove the fingerprints off my copper heatsinks, so I think you'll have a difficult time doing so unless you venture into the lands of dangerous chemistry and use rather more dangerous substances.

Either way, funny how "Cillit Bang" can restore the shine to a penny but won't do jack to a copper surface :D

ya lol it was their stoopid comercial that i got the idea from tried it and it doesnt do nothing just left some pink marks now where i tried it

Jupiler
08-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Use your breath. ;)

Millyons
08-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Use your breath. ;)

im not talking about figerprints and such, these sticks are over 2 years old and on some parts turned darker and totaly lost its gloss i think that thisk might not even be possible to clean its probably that copper changed hehe mabey tell turn green like on buildings :)

Wiggy McShades
08-17-2005, 12:34 PM
i use this stuff for my waterblocks that was intened to shine silver you can buy it at a local hardware store probally. sorry i dont have the name, im not home but i will be in an hour so i can pm you the name of the product then if ya want.

wildboar
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
http://www.flitz.com/

Ugly n Grey
08-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Sparkle is the product you are thinking of for silver Ithink

Ammonia works particularly well on copper