PDA

View Full Version : ZM-GWB1 VS Zalman dual heatpipe with fan

SNIPoR
08-17-2005, 04:39 AM
I just got my self Gigabyte 3D Galaxy water cooling kit( i think this is good right?)....
the kit didn't comes with VGA water block...so what iam thinking is to get ZM-GWB1 VGA water block..

but is it better than my current Zalman dual heatpipe with fan in overall performance??

and what is the best water cycle for this setup?

RAD>>CPU>>VGA>>PUMP>>RAD

thank you for your help

MaxxxRacer
08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
dont get anywhere near that zalman block. passive air cooling is way better than that pos.

toledo
08-17-2005, 08:07 AM
dont get anywhere near that zalman block. passive air cooling is way better than that pos.

They have a new version now (smaller :D ) . Is it that bad ? Have you seen some results with Zalman blocks ?

MaxxxRacer
08-17-2005, 12:45 PM
ya i saw one result with them. it was the most pathetic thing ever.. it got worse temps than stock cooling when put with the reserator. during 3dmark the computer crashed because the gpu got over 100C.

toledo
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
ya i saw one result with them. it was the most pathetic thing ever.. it got worse temps than stock cooling when put with the reserator. during 3dmark the computer crashed because the gpu got over 100C.

Yes , but my question is : Who you will blame Reserator or the block ? The passive radiator does not help much with the temps , right ? I’m curious about how does it performs in a regular WC solution .

SNIPoR
08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
what about ZM-GWB2 ?? is it good enough?

cartmanea
08-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Repeat after me......Danger Den Maze 4 with acetal top....

MaxxxRacer
08-17-2005, 03:18 PM
SNIPoR: they are both usless pieces of garbage.

I cannot stress this enough, Zalman CANNOT make watercooling equipment.. they just make garbage..

Psyche911
08-17-2005, 03:46 PM
SNIPoR: they are both usless pieces of garbage.

I cannot stress this enough, Zalman CANNOT make watercooling equipment.. they just make garbage..

lol, Maxxx. That just gave me a thought.
They claim their upcoming HSF the 9500 performs "as good as watercooling." I just discounted that as BS. But that may be so if they're comparing it to their own watercooling.

MaxxxRacer
08-17-2005, 04:02 PM
indeed, im sure thats how they compared it.

their gpu cooler works much better than the aluminum piece of garbage watercooling unit they make.. the two of them are a joke. they have NO internal structure witch leads to horrible laminar flow and the seperation from the water chanel to the gpu itself is gigantic by any proportions.

SNIPoR
08-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Repeat after me......Danger Den Maze 4 with acetal top....

Danger Den Maze 4.... :rofl:

so you guys what do you think about my new wc kit..??i didnt installed it yet..

http://www.giga-byte.com/Peripherals/Products/Products_GH-WIU01.htm

MaxxxRacer
08-17-2005, 11:22 PM
it looks like a pretty decent kit.

SNIPoR
08-18-2005, 02:48 AM
so it worth buying...i got it for 122.99$ :)

Squid_Spit
08-18-2005, 05:09 AM
Doesn't look too bad but for a little more you can get a custom setup that i'm sure would outperform it.

Swiftech MCW 6002
Hydor L25
BIP2
2x120mm fans
Tubing & Fittings

is approximately $150

Kennyshin
08-31-2005, 09:30 AM
indeed, im sure thats how they compared it.

their gpu cooler works much better than the aluminum piece of garbage watercooling unit they make.. the two of them are a joke. they have NO internal structure witch leads to horrible laminar flow and the seperation from the water chanel to the gpu itself is gigantic by any proportions.

I wasn't sure Zalman Reserator's that poorly made, but then my Reserator 1 Plus is the only water cooler I've tried. Seems to work alright for my Northwood 1.6, 1.8, and 2.4 and an ATi 9700 Pro AGP. My only problem with their water cooler products is high cost.

BTW, when I posted a question on zalman.co.kr QA forum, Zalman's forum admin. replied to call. I guess they prefer phones but why have an online forum then.