PDA

View Full Version : Physics/Watercooling advice needed.

bullet2urbrain
08-13-2005, 09:58 AM
all righty well here is the predicament im in.

i have a Koolance PCT-602 Case.. with the 3 80mm fans and rad in the top and the Pump @ the bottom...fill plug at the bottom too.. i got this case for 1 dollar US.

now i can also get a Koolance Exos for the same price of 1 US DOllar... however i am struggling to see how the system would work.. i would like to maintain 1 loop using both pumps and both rads... currently i only have my CPU cooled (3200+ venice vcore 1.75 or less) i would like to incorporate my 7800GTX into the cooling loop but fear that my current radiator/pump/flow rate is not high enough to maintain good cooling.

so here is the problem i have.

the Exos has the pump/fill/tubing at the top in one box. the other pump is @ the bottom.. how would i establish flow rate? would this chain make sense starting from the bottom pump

Pump >> Rad (case)>> Rad (exos) >> pump (exos) >> CPU >> GFX >> Pump

does that make sense and can anyone "guess" as to whether or not that would provide adequate flow?

Trice
08-13-2005, 11:37 AM
How are you getting them for 1 dollar?

bullet2urbrain
08-13-2005, 12:30 PM
inventory clearance @ work.. there are 2 of them @ our store i was told i could buy one for a dollar.... and the other one was the same deal.

Quazi
08-13-2005, 03:13 PM
I'd get both, use the one I wanted, and either keep the other for another build or for parts or sell it on eBay. It should fetch a pretty penny. Man, you are lucky. Congrats.

bullet2urbrain
08-19-2005, 01:17 PM
okay well i got the one exos.. he charged me more than a dollar tho..but only 20 ... so its still a steal...

now which waterblock do i want to get for my 7800 gtx.... do i wanna get a dangerden Maze? i havent found a definitive answer as to which block is the best. keep in mind that the Koolance systems are notorious for a low flow rate...

also .. would someone mind answering whether or not i should keep just one loop? or should i just use the exos solely for GFX and the Case integrated one solely for CPU?

Thanks.