PDA

View Full Version : Dremeling a HSF

ImportantAwareness89
08-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I bought an Iceberq4 for my DFI LP NF4 Ultra-D and I need to dremel a point off the copper HS to clear a small chip on the board.

I've never used a dremel and my friends who have dremels are at summer school and finals are coming up so they can't come back this weekend.

I was thinking of going out to buy one and probably returning it later. I guess I need a little guide and what bits to use to cut some copper...

celemine1Gig
08-11-2005, 01:20 PM
...I was thinking of going out to buy one and probably returning it later...

:nono: :nono: :nono: :slapass:

If you do that, I hope that noone will help you. If you want it then buy and keep it. If you don't want it, then don't do what you descibed above, but just wait for your friends to come back.

[XC] leviathan18
08-11-2005, 02:02 PM
well there is a round bit brown color it worked 4 me

and you shouldnt do that a dremel is a nice back up tool

sluggo
08-19-2005, 01:57 AM
I've done that mod twice now. First time through I used a Dremel, second time I just used a file. You're cutting through copper coated aluminum, so it's pretty easy. I think I did it just as fast with the file.

Either way, if you do this, be far away from your PC case - you don't want the shavings landing anywhere near your internals. =)

sluggo

IYP
08-19-2005, 08:02 AM
yeah....copper fileds+hardware = death

just be careful and be smart...the bit u should use is a brown cutting like disc

seriously keep the dremmel....you wont regret it....its a damn handy tool....and if your that against keeping it....sent it to me :D ?? cuz my old one has met an untimley death....