PDA

View Full Version : moment of silence for nfl2k/espn fball as madden 2006 ships out/arrives at msrp 49.99

tristancarton
08-09-2005, 08:49 PM
the sadness i felt last year when the nfl was bought out by ea sports came around full circle today. nothing worse than seeing only one nfl licensed game on the market at an msrp of 49.99. the madden vs espn fball (nfl 2k) debate has gone on since the dreamcast launched. some people liked espn fball some liked madden but what we all knew was that because of competition each game got better and more refined over the years. now we won't have that for the next five years. i only wish the nfl would see what it is doing rather than just a big dollar sign. <sigh>

anyway this is a moment of silence for a fantastic series. feel free to post your comments below. not sure why i wrote this thread other than to get some excess steam out and to ask if anyone else is saying "why oh why". anyone else still sad about all of this?

Sloppy
08-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Now adays $50 for a game is the norm. Don't forget Madden has been around since 1992. You really think another football game could compete with that?

craig588
08-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Why do you need a lisenced game? When not get an american football game without the player and team names?

aver
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Has anyone played Madden 06? There new passing system to me is stupid.. I hated it how EA buys the NFL liscence since they knew in the future they could not compete with the 2K series... I don't think ESPN 2K5 was better than madden, madden is a way deeper game, but fun wise ESPN was the game to have.. I advised all my friends not to purchase madden and we are still playing ESPN 2K5 because the gameplay makes for a more enjoyable game..

Rabidmoose171
08-28-2005, 04:05 AM
The passing system is not stupid, its realistic. And thats what the game is going for.