PDA

View Full Version : 91% Isoproyl VS Acetone 4 DICE

pifreak
08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
What is everyones thought on isoproyls heattransfer vs Acetone. I have a feeling that the Isoproyl is not doing as good as Acetone.

[XC] moddolicous
08-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I've never done DI, but from all the threads, they use acetone. Make sure u have good ventilation when u use it, cause it gives off nasty fumes.

Waus-mod
08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Aceton is superb. just workes perfect and as the heattransfer, it is very good stuff!

IYP
08-05-2005, 04:30 PM
go with aceton...ittl do ya good....as long as ya have a window open

G H Z
08-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Everclear works pretty well and has alot less offensive fumes.

mike047
08-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Everclear works pretty well and has alot less offensive fumes.

YEAH, and you can drink the "everclear" :D

afireinside
08-06-2005, 02:14 AM
I used 99% iso twice and it SUCKS. Get acetone, MUCH better.

pifreak
08-06-2005, 05:31 AM
from my experience when using acetone my temps were much more stable - just wanted to look into this whether it was a random fluke or because of isoprops bad heattransfer.
I hate the smell of acetone yet not too sure about using iso anymore....

Waus-mod
08-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Well acetone doesnt smells that bad.. i mean its good to do and also a perfect heattransfer to use with DI. Also you really dont need a high ventilated room,as i speak with experience.

IYP
08-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Well acetone doesnt smells that bad.. i mean its good to do and also a perfect heattransfer to use with DI. Also you really dont need a high ventilated room,as i speak with experience.

you must speak with a few dead brain cells too :stick:

coop
08-07-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm on my way to ACE to pick some acetone and solder up. I don't have a tube, too expensive and hard to find. I have not had time to get stock and take it somewhere to be welded. I have found a brass cup, very thin at the bottom. I am going to melt some solder into the bottom. Silver first then more on top of that, that has more of a lead content. I think it will be somewhat small but easy enough to add more to and at least get some experience with. I have several brain cells left but am willing to sacrifice one or two for some good pi.

Waus-mod
08-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Well IYP, its just the way you handle it. just dont stay with youre nose above it ;)

justwOo
08-12-2005, 12:51 PM
I don't know what you guys complain about with the ventilation when using aceton so much?
I mean unless you leave the container open or something, when pouring alittle bit of aceton into the container with or without dry ice in it, I notice no smell or hazardous fumes
Like I'll leave a window, but its not a very big one, and I don't feel like I really need to

Perhaps my brain is too far gone for acetone to affect it? oO