PDA

View Full Version : Dry Ice maker, 429 dollars, is it worth it?

Kunaak
12-27-2002, 09:45 PM
http://www.polyfoam.com/ecom/mall/dry_ice_maker.asp

I am slightly insane, if I can get -100 degrees on my own, without having to rent anything, even if its only for benchmarking sessions, it would be worth it to me.

but the thing is, I have no idea how to use this, so I am not sure if it's even worth looking at.:rolleyes:

Dapper
12-31-2002, 02:19 PM
LOL sorry bud all that is is a form for making blocks of Dry Ice to make dry Ice they "shoot off" CO2 and collect the "frost" from it, thats why it has a hose on it to connect it to a CO2 cylinder.

I can buy blocks of Dry Ice at 6 Bucks a pound from a local welding and gass supplier.

Charles Wirth
12-31-2002, 02:55 PM
A lot of grocery stores have dry ice now for 89 cents per pound.

You can make a block of dry ice in about 2 minutes, and they last a long time for benching if kept in a igloo chest. It is feasable to make the dry ice and bench with it.

You will need a CO2 tank and regulator to connect to the dry ice maker and a supply of CO2.

Tedinde
01-08-2003, 08:51 PM
I get it for 6 bucks for 10 pounds a mile from my house. most "ice" places sell it. duh. Just open the phone book and call.

You still have to buy the c02 for it also. Save your money and just buy it by the pound.