PDA

View Full Version : DFI SLI-DR extremely long boot times.

Deus Excalibur
07-31-2005, 02:10 PM
I've reformatted my computer twice now and I still get this one problem. Sometimes my system will boot perfectly fine and I'll get into Windows in about 1 or 2 passes of the load bar. It seems about 30-40% of the time I'm booting into windows it will take like 2-4 minutes for windows to load.

The load bar will just keep passing and my HD light will stay on the whole time but nothing is happening. This didn't happen before I switched to dual core CPUs.

Also in games like Battlefield 2 if I do not disable core 1 I will randomly get disconnected.

I've tried going back to stock speeds and uninstalling the 6.66 nforce drivers but that doesn't seem to affect it. Anyone have some suggestions?

HARDCORECLOCKER
07-31-2005, 02:27 PM
I've reformatted my computer twice now and I still get this one problem. Sometimes my system will boot perfectly fine and I'll get into Windows in about 1 or 2 passes of the load bar. It seems about 30-40% of the time I'm booting into windows it will take like 2-4 minutes for windows to load.

The load bar will just keep passing and my HD light will stay on the whole time but nothing is happening. This didn't happen before I switched to dual core CPUs.
Also in games like Battlefield 2 if I do not disable core 1 I will randomly get disconnected.

I've tried going back to stock speeds and uninstalling the 6.66 nforce drivers but that doesn't seem to affect it. Anyone have some suggestions?

:confused: What BIOS? Older one? Try 510-2FIX.

:toast:

Deus Excalibur
07-31-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm using the 7/02 BIOS and I tried the 6/23 BIOS before that.