PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Pops, Clicks, Squeals and Ticks

Reznik Akime
07-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, Im talking about my sound card. I just got my GigaByte 8IPE1000 Pro-G A few days back and installed all the current drivers for my motherboard and stuff.

Well, I installed my sound card which is a Soundblaster Audigy 2 and now I get popping and such when anything is done to the computer. Minimize a window, it squeals just a bit. Nothing loud, just underlaying. I browse through files, it pops. Infact right now as I listen to music, it pops with the keys I type.

Now, this is quite annoying. What could be making it do this?

BTW, This didnt happen in my Dell or my friends Compaq. Its safe to say its just with this board.

-Edit-

I just realized I posted right out of the Audio group. Sorry about that. Please move if desired.

einCe
07-29-2005, 02:32 PM
bump
i get the same squealing problem with my 9800pro whenever i drag a window etc.

Reznik Akime
07-29-2005, 02:35 PM
The sqealing on the video card, thats something diffrent I believe. My brother's card did that (He had a 6800) and it came directly from the card. The squeal im talking about is comming through the speakers.

Oh, I have another problem. For some.. Strange.. Reason.. Some websites just appear as jibberish. The usual symbols and whatnot you old guys seen in dos when you got some kinda invalid thingy. Using Firefox here. Could it be a WLAN problem? (Im on wireless internet currently)