PDA

View Full Version : Vcore Mod R9700...worse???

charlie
12-27-2002, 12:51 AM
All,
I did the vcore mod...
VR leg to pin 18, middle leg to ground on back of board...
before mod, 1.51v
after mod 1.59-1.66v
And I can't even run my old timings?????
It's a cold night and I don't think heat;s a prob...
MAN! I'm puzzled...any ideas???
I'm getting locks in Car low after 1-3 seconds...
Strange. Well, I won't sleep tonight:mad:
C

muzz
12-27-2002, 09:13 AM
Well that shouldnt be happening..... I would double check there are no shorting pins, or wire shorting out anywhere....... I have used up to 1.81 and it never got worse.

charlie
12-27-2002, 10:26 AM
Yes, I'm really confused.
I did the mod differently than the guides.
I bent the VR pin down and soldered it to pin 18, resting the vr on the iC. I connected the middle leg of the VR, the wiper pin to ground, the big connector ground on the back of the board.
I didn't use the pin closest to the adjustment screw. And didn't solder to any other pins on the IC. My stock voltage was 1.51
and I've tried 1.59, 1.60, 1.61 and finally 1.69.
I've never gotten these locks before, it locks immediately on the 3dmk2k1 screen (red screen) BEFORE the benchmark starts, you know the big screen that says what test is running and how many remain and how many are completed.
I used to run 396/356 and now I barely get 389/354!!!!!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
C

muzz
12-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Well I did pretty much what you see in the mods from here, using a 20 turn vr, and mounting it to the heatspreader.
I have the wiper going to the mod, and lwest pin away from adj. going to ground. Are you using a "Metal" vr? I'm wondering where it is resting on the ic package if you are inducing a capactive effect.

charlie
12-27-2002, 01:21 PM
well,
it's darn grumpy, but after looping 3dmk 2k1 for an hour at low clockspeeds, it seems to be a bit better...up to 18,8xx
Not where I want to be, though. Could be the limit of my mobo/ram!!!!!!!!!!
C

m_kelder
01-04-2003, 05:01 PM
sorry to but in on your problem but could you tell me if you have a rev3 board? I am trying to find out where the voltage read out is.

charlie
01-04-2003, 10:31 PM
rev 1.1
Don't know the v measure pts. on v3.0...
check Bowman's posts
C

m_kelder
01-04-2003, 11:02 PM
I can't seem to find any posts from him.

NUNEZ1980
01-13-2003, 07:46 PM
ok, guys, I had found out that if you only do the gpu mod, when you increase the volt the ram will get artifacs that you can't really see the only thing to solve it by lowing the memory, I think when we increase gpu volt, it reduces the memory volts, I will check the memory volt to see if indeed it goes down,

I try to reduce the volts to the gpu, and the more I do it, the faster I could run the memory without artifacts, check artifact tester, it will help you out test the memory:(

edit, I check memory volts, it was 2.89v, and I found that if you increase the agp volts from the bios it helps reduce the artifacts...