PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Pc totally wrecked

Xyus89
07-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi,

Yesterday I wanted to install AS5 and offcourse isn't difficult (what I thought). I nicely flattend the AS on the cpu and than it fell out of my hands on the socket. so AS on the socket.

I putted cpu in and wanted to boot , the screen says ''No input''
- BIOS beeps
- HD boots
- dvd works
- all the coolers are working incl. cpu en graka
so I hope the cpu isn't broken.

Then things turned very very very bad.
I putted to much AS on cpu so heatsink was very sticky and some pins got bent. these pins are all okay now but there was a little heatpast on the pins.

So I cleaned it and put enough heatpaste on it. but still the problem so is it possible that by Artic silver on the socket that it doesn't work?

pleaase help me!

xyus

Ugly n Grey
07-29-2005, 03:08 AM
totally remove the mobo and scrub the inside of each pin hole in the CPU socket out with a piece of tiny copper wire while the socket is immersed in isopropyl alc. AS5 is non conductive, each of those pins needs to make contact.

Ugly n Grey
07-29-2005, 03:22 AM
Dude, reply in the thread so folks can see what's being said.
Isopropyl alcohol: you buy it at a drugstore normally, it's cheap and is in English often called rubbing alcohol etcc..... A small copper wire the same gauge as the pins on your CPU, look around, you should be able to find something, and by immerse the whole socket area, I mean just that, make sure it's right under the alcohol and clean the crap out of the socket area. barring that put the alcohol in a spray bottle and sray the heck out of it....it may work. keep working the lever back and forth to clean the socket well.....

Note, alcohol is highly dangerous, there are fumes and it catches fire fast with a hot blue flame, be well ventilated and away from anything that could light it on fire....

harleybro
07-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Another option is to use a soft toothbrush and alcohol. Just make sure everything has time to dry before re-assembling. :)

Xyus89
07-29-2005, 04:00 AM
thanks all.

and what about Aceton or nail polisch remover? quite strong stuff.

but I will have to confess to my dad first :(

xyus

Ugly n Grey
07-29-2005, 04:13 AM
No acetone (AKA nail polish remover) it's actually too hard on the plastic and PCB in my opinion.

harleybro
07-29-2005, 04:20 AM
No acetone (AKA nail polish remover) it's actually too hard on the plastic and PCB in my opinion.
Agreed unless it's used very sparingly but all in all I would go with the Alc first. :)

Xyus89
07-29-2005, 05:23 AM
@HarleyBro: done it your way and my father had some ''contact spray'' he said this would help also. ( I confessed )

I will test it later but thanks allot!

xyus

Xyus89
07-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi,

Been working at it all day,
I've gotten the socket of and cleaned it with alcahol and I've been going at it with a toothbrush but it still doesn't work at all so though luck I guess.

No screen?
so is my videocard broken?

Xyus

Ugly n Grey
07-29-2005, 08:56 AM
you need to test all the components individually really....

Holst
07-29-2005, 10:18 AM
If you get some antistatic isoproprinol cleaning spray you can spray it into the socket and clean the junk out.

Break cleaner will also work.

What CPU is this?

Xyus89
07-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Hiya,

It is totally cleaned. I got the socket from mij motherbord but still dead :(

I've got an s754 +3000 :slap:

gonna mess with it another day.
bye bye

xyus