PDA

View Full Version : Need a Pro's Help with 3d2001se

ppctx
12-26-2002, 06:45 PM
My scores in Car Chase and Lobby seem a little low compared to other GF4 benches. I have played with many different LOD settings but just can’t get it zero'd in on the sweet spot. The LOD used in my sig for Car Chase is 10 and Lobby is 6. This is killing me! A nudge in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Kunaak
12-26-2002, 06:50 PM
how do you change the "LOD"?

ppctx
12-26-2002, 06:57 PM
get the beta nvhardpage from http://www.nvhardpage.tk/ its a great tweaker. LOD will also be refered to as MipMap detail. higer numbers result in poorer quality

Bulldog
12-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Get Riva Tuner and search these forums for a post from yours truely on riva tuner guide...also posts by MrIcee on this same subject;)

ppctx
12-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Thanks Bulldog! That is a great what is and how to. I was in need more of a of a good setting for the MipMap/LOD while running the 3DMark2001se CarChase and Lobby tests used by all those at the top of the Geforce4 line of cards list. I'm starting to think this is a heavly guarded secret... :smileysex An example is the Nature test. I have seen many places report the ideal is LOD set at 3. When at first I tried 3 my score on that test was very poor. After a good bit of testing I found a sweet spot far from that and can now consistantly pull very high Nature fps for my card and was wondering if anybody would be so kind as to share their finding with me for CarChase and Lobby :rolleyes:

Creative
12-27-2002, 02:17 AM
Nature>Lobby>Car>Dragothic

Try that order :)