PDA

View Full Version : 3DMark01 won't publish my score

InSanCen
07-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I have a small problem with 3DMark01. It seems to run just fine, but it won't let me publish my score, with this error/reason:-
"This project can not be published due to detected CPU speed variation."

Any Ideas? I need to find out what is causing this, as I'm competing in the Xtreme Systems Grand Prix.

I'm running 3Dmark 01 SE, with the SE patch aplied.

Any help appreciated.

TMM
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
i've had this problem before. I think it may be caused by the CPU speed being detected differently at the end of the test then the start/during - though thats just what i figured.

DZVlad
07-27-2005, 08:07 AM
There are two options. There is a Win2K bug that reports different freqs of the CPU during 3dmark run and there is another thing - if you use nf2/3/4 ClockGen and change frequncy while 3dm2k1 is running, you'll get that bug. I have an unpublished score which is my personal record. but can't publish it coz of that crap

InSanCen
07-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks. I figured it would be summat like CPU speed. Thing that gets me though, is I'm Overclocking via the bios (I'm hardcore me, :rolleyes: ;) )

Suppose my PLL generator could be wandering... causing a speed change.

I'll tweak some more, see if I can sort it...

Any other suggestions.

I_G
07-28-2005, 08:33 AM
I've seen the same thing in a competition at another site. The guy swore he was doing nothing to alter the CPU speed. Turns out his PSU was undervolting under heavy load, causing the CPU MHz's to take a dump.

InSanCen
07-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I wondered, but I've got a decent Chieftec 420W, and it's only powering the system in my sig, plus a 6600GT. Shouldn't be taking a dive, let alone letting my clock speed/generator wander...

All voltages are within .05 of a volt, and don't fluctuate.

Still, I'll try a F&R at the weekend, see what that kicks up.

If I need a new PSU, then it screws me for the XSGP, as I can't afford one (Just spent 450GBP on a new SLR Camera)

Cheers again

IYP
08-06-2005, 01:16 PM
try a better PSU...i dont think 420 would be sufficent ofr the fans and the hdds ram and all tht stuff