PDA

View Full Version : questions about DFI ultra-D

Bergo
07-26-2005, 09:57 PM
I just received a slightly used DFI Ultra-D from a local guy, and there were a few things missing form the package (not a big deal, I can pick them up tomorrow on my way to work) I know the "jumper tweezer" things aren't in there, and neither is the audio riser card. I'm just wondering if someone could tell me exactly what came with their Ultra-d (I looked @ ncix's website, but it wasn't clear, and I know the pics on mfg sites aren't always completely acurate) Also, are the 2 yellow SATA cables included, are they good for SATA3 (3gb/s) or only for SATA1?

thanks,

Bergo

ZiRo
07-27-2005, 01:36 AM
I don't have my Lanparty to hand (Its in England, Im in Germany) but.

Tweezers, Audio card, 2x sata, 1x floppy, 2x IDE, Installing/SLI sheet, some jumper sheets on crappy paper, Manual, spare jumpers.

thats it i think.

The motherboard is SATA 2 spec.

Minnyboy
07-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Okay my ultra-d came with these things;

Mobo
Audio Riser Card
BackPlate
Molex to 2 x SATA power connectors
2 x SATA cables
2 x Rounded IDE cables
1 x Rounded Floppy Cable
SLI Connector Tweezer
5 x jumpers
3 x spare SLI connector thingies...
Driver Cd & SATA floppy disk + the manual & diagram of board...

Off Topic:
Good thing I modded it to an SLI-D... Even get myself a spare SLI connector from an Asus 945P mobo (the long one that is very flexible...

Pity I don't use/like nVidia cards & I don't use my Audio Riser cards for both my SLI-D & Ultra-D (SLI)... Rather stick to my trusty old Audigy 2 & Audigy 2 Platinum External even though they are the early ones that only have 6.1 channel sound... Kicks a$$ over the ausio riser card anyday with less cpu usage as well as better sound....

Hope this helps...
Minh

Ugly n Grey
07-27-2005, 04:56 AM
NCIX also sells SLI connectors relatively cheaply is you want to mod the board for SLI.
While the board is rated SATA II spec, the NVIDIA RAID is not the best performer on the market, but the few options to add better RAID to the PCI-E bus are too expensive to worry about.

The CABLES are fine for SATA II, no worries.