PDA

View Full Version : need old version of uguru for kv8pro please help

happymeal79
07-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I got new mushkin redline memory and it needs vdimm to be b/w 3.1 and 3.3 to get the best performance.

kv8 pro can only go up to 2.8v vdimm.

I found out that older bios versions - 1.0, 1.1 and a modded 1.4 allowed the vdimm up to 3.3. Now, i didn't like those bios versions b/c of other features not being up to date, mainly the bus/agp frequency lock.

Anyhow I experimented with flashing to the lower version, changing vdimm to 3.2 and then flashing back up to the current version and not clearing cmos. and manually changing every bios page back to default except teh voltage page.

This worked, however, the temp readings would be off, different depending on which older bios version i used before flashing back up. with 1.4 modded, it was really low ~20s, others really high -mid 50s. (this read in mbm5 and the bios). I'm sure it's just teh readings being off and not actual temps b/c if i just clear cmos temp readings would go back to normal.

Anyways, this was only really an annoyance but i couldn't live with it so i want to do it a different way. I read around that a really early version of uguru that came on the cd shipped with the early motherboards with the earlier bios would allow the vdimm to be upped to 3.3v inside windows.

I think Abit uGuru version 2.016 but it could be any between 2.000 and 2.021.
My cd's version is 2.024 and I've looked all over the place and haven't had any luck finding it, if any one has this version on their cd or knows someone who does please help me out!

Thanks.

email khanh77@hotmail.com

cadaveca
07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
flash to bios 1 for vdimm, then 16 for temp fix, then 21 or 22 or whatever the latest is.