PDA

View Full Version : XtremeSystems Linux patchset

masterofpuppets
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Although my old XtremeFox project failed miserably, I thought a Linux patchset for XS might be easier, since I don't have to compile for every architecture, it's distributed in sourcecode form ;) I am sorting out which combinations of patches I will use, but at the moment, I am going for a ConKolivas base, with lots of patches from Andrew Mortons patchset, and the genetic library routines, which will tune the default CFQ-TS IO scheduler (Although the other schedulers will be availible, including deadline, and anticipatory, as well as the genetic-anticipatory scheduler). I was going to include a Realtime-Preemption patch too, which will make desktop use much more smooth, but it has been known to cause stability problems, and suck for gaming, and basic raw kernel power. It's the equivalent of a very light car with a crap engine, compared to a heavy car with a very powerful engine, the low latency preemption patch being the light car, and the unpatched being the powerful car. Anyway, yeah, when I have time to get a winning combination of patches, I will make a diff file, and tar it up, then post it here. Sound good?

mrapples
08-01-2005, 09:44 PM
i would just use nitro, basically the same as what you said