PDA

View Full Version : AOAforums.com is F*ucked up!!!

Method Man
12-26-2002, 12:58 AM
nm....It didnt get to pretty:stick:

Method Man
12-26-2002, 01:02 AM
Nm...

Mr Chilled
12-26-2002, 02:13 AM
If you are refrerring to the pci lock question of yours its a VERY sensitive issue over there ;)

Galifrey
12-26-2002, 02:19 AM
its only sensitive in the Epox forum, its fine in AMD motherboards forum, but some people fall foul of the Epox forum rules on a regular basis...

BTW the PCI bus is locked to 33mhz :D

Method Man
12-26-2002, 04:05 AM
I'm talking about this thread http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=12697...that guy Daniel ~ is really f*ucked in the head and they got some stupid ass rules....

wEs
12-26-2002, 04:37 AM
"mention of mother boards not made by EPoX is not permitted."

what kind of rules are these? :confused: this is §§§§ing stupid!!!

Method Man
12-26-2002, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by wEs

Thats what I'm saying....and that is part of the reason I left.:toast:

Hardass
12-26-2002, 05:07 AM
I found that forum to be kinda a joke, if you post with a question they don,t want to or cannot answer they just ignore you. I posted a question about not being able to change the vdimm on a epox motherboard and got no response so I did a search and found several other post with same question and same result no answer.

TheDude
12-26-2002, 06:21 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!.....SOMEWHERE:D

gobbo
12-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Yeah, i was with them for about 3 months, but they were unhelpful, had stupid rules, the admins abused their powers, i had posts deleated for no reason etc etc. I'm jsut glad i moved here!!!

JBELL
12-26-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by wEs

um mentioning anything other than the car brand YUGO is not premitted here. rotf

Dissolved
12-26-2002, 09:25 AM
Hm, All the popular forums are starting to suck now.. i guess we better not get popular :D

I dont like AOA, cuz Alot of them are rejects from the OC.com forums.
i Personaly, dont make to many friends off forums now. Ive learned my lessons :\

Attitudx
12-26-2002, 10:08 AM
this is my home and most i consider my online friends i find time and time again that if you have a problem or issue these peeps are pretty quick at answering or pointing you in the right direction

Liquid3D
12-27-2002, 04:15 PM
This is a reprint from the AOA forums. First the rules pertaining to the Epox tech's, and then the contradictory statement from Epox tech's themselves;
"Our EPoX techs are bound by Non-disclosure agreements. They therefore cannot answer some questions we ALL would like them to...Principally some questions concerning the VIA and nVidia Chip sets, most frequently the question of dividers and PCI locks."
Epox tech Welcome statement:
"Through co-operation with AOA Forums manager Daniel Edgar we have set up an Area dedicated to EPoX mainboards that we would like to be a newsgroup with a difference...We would like to see this area flame free (as with all areas of this forum) and polite with a focus on giving the enthusiast end user some assistance along the way with his overclocking or hardware related issues in the EPoX foray...
We would also like to use this area as a place where we can pick up user issues which we can then perhaps begin to address - sort of you helping us to help you."
MY first question WHY? If I'm..."sort of...helping...(EPOX) to help...(Me the EPOX buyer) why not answer the questions WE NEED answered?
I maintain the reason they don't want to speak on PCI locks and such, is do to the fact Epox has F__ked up there! There seems to be multiple probelms with the KT400 BIOS (relaxing memory timings during high FSB's, etc.) Not a bad idea, although it seems to be causing problems this time around. And there exists high FSB problems with SOME 8RDA+ boards as well. Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, please educate me without "banning" me as AOA would (the flaming I can take). Thing is they've chosen to SELL-OUT, and the 1st Amendment went out the window, with any scrap of objectiveness which remained among the members. I don't need the advice of Epox tech's learning at OUR EXPENSE! And from some of the advice they've given, I'd rather be on the phone for six hours with the DUDE from DELL. That's right, you go out and spend your hard-earned money (or in Jonpwessel's case his Mom's) while Epox and that Neo-Nazi Moderator sit back and learn from the largest R&D lab on Earth, THE CONSUMERS of Epox products. I'm personally writing to Epox to share my thoughts, and warn them AOA may be their worst marketing nightmare, for a company which has held our respect, and allowed us to do a good deal of our overclocking these last years.

IFMU
12-27-2002, 04:45 PM
Lets keep it calm guys. I can highly understand any issues some would have with AOA, or even EPoX. But lets keep it flame free here. If yea got an issue, no problems with posting, just keep out the flaming.
Just post up the facts! :D LoL

Ive seen issues arise on many forums for many reasons. Just stay calm and voice your opinions like mature folks.

that way I cant understand what your saying!