PDA

View Full Version : How they do this picture?

0range
07-21-2005, 08:20 PM
http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/4514/sweetpic2vx.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
its awsome!

perkam
07-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I'd pm Kunaak, he can tell you more about this.

But yea, nice shot :)

Perkam

0range
07-21-2005, 11:39 PM
anyone .....suggestions?, he use video, or picture?

einCe
07-21-2005, 11:48 PM
some cameras have the function to take a pic every xx seconds put it on a stand hit the button it takes the pics, the merge in photoshop, thats how i would do it

0range
07-21-2005, 11:51 PM
thats what i was thinkin, now i need to find if my camera does that....

Suchan271
07-22-2005, 07:23 PM
If this was a series of photos taken, you could "extract" the skater using photoshop from each desired photo and then superimpose the skater onto the original photo.

einCe
07-23-2005, 04:58 AM
woulndt take long considering the size of the pic, you could make a load of mistakes without anyone seeing it because of the size

Xyus89
07-23-2005, 06:02 AM
hi,
one of my friends did the same trick with are new sport bath sleighing. (we go off a hill in a bath tub, great fun) and some camera's have the function to take every 0.5s a picture. the photographer has to stand very still. (you can adjust when the camera take's a picture)

xyus

MaxxxRacer
07-23-2005, 07:33 AM
there are two ways to do that.

first you can double expose the film, or in this case 5 times. but that would lead to over exposure of the background in this shot i believe.

second way to do it is to set the camera to continuous, put it on a tripod and have it snap 5 pictures in about 1-2 seconds. depending on the camera, you can either do it slow or faster. since this is prolly a digi shot, Im guessing he used an SLR camera as the average digi cant take pictures at a very high FPS. Film cameras on the other hand can go alot faster depending on the shutter design.

anyway after you took the pics you have a grand ole time in photoshop. its pretty obvious this was the route the guy took, as in the middle two shots you cant see any shadow where there should be one. only in the 3rd can you see the shadow.

Suchan271
07-23-2005, 11:26 AM
yup, pretty sure that's what went on here.

On the second dude from the left, his right hand is a little transparent indicating an extract.

At any rate, who cares? This is a good job! :)

einCe
07-23-2005, 11:32 AM
yup, pretty sure that's what went on here.

On the second dude from the left, his right hand is a little transparent indicating an extract.

At any rate, who cares? This is a good job! :)
wow i didnt even notice that, i tip my hat to you sir

IYP
07-23-2005, 06:26 PM
there are two ways to do that.

first you can double expose the film, or in this case 5 times. but that would lead to over exposure of the background in this shot i believe.

second way to do it is to set the camera to continuous, put it on a tripod and have it snap 5 pictures in about 1-2 seconds. depending on the camera, you can either do it slow or faster. since this is prolly a digi shot, Im guessing he used an SLR camera as the average digi cant take pictures at a very high FPS. Film cameras on the other hand can go alot faster depending on the shutter design.

anyway after you took the pics you have a grand ole time in photoshop. its pretty obvious this was the route the guy took, as in the middle two shots you cant see any shadow where there should be one. only in the 3rd can you see the shadow.

good eye you got there

0range
07-23-2005, 06:42 PM
im goin to see if my digital camera can do this, and i will see if i can remake this, but me....

franki-evil.tk
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/4514/sweetpic2vx.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
its awsome!

it's been set on a tripod , then they've taken photos of different pics at different stages of the jump , the photos are about .4 secs apart

look at the block of concrete he runs off of , you can see a line from where they're just cut and pasted it , didn't even smooth it out well :slap: plus you can see somevariations in light

IYP
08-18-2005, 07:58 PM
holy thread ressurrection batman

franki-evil.tk
08-20-2005, 01:16 PM
holy thread ressurrection batman

thankyou IYProbin , my gay unwanted sidekick

but i swear; i will only use my powers for good *beats up thomas* hahaha

Unoid
08-23-2005, 09:49 AM
looks like a very high speed video record with frames taken out, I say hi speed = no real motion blur.

Some snapping cameras can snap off pics that fast however.