PDA

View Full Version : Liquid tape

ns_ripper
12-24-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey guy's I noticed that some of you guy's are using it. Well, I did a search here in Belgium with 0 results.

So what I wanted to ask : Can someone from a neighbour country or nearby country fix me a bottle and send it up?

I'm user that a lot of people here will be interested too. Like my dear friends from born2oc.be :)

So if someone can get his hands on some liquid tape and send it to Belgium let me know. You can make a couple of €'s out of it.

greats and thnx in advance,

ns_ripper

Nohto
12-24-2002, 02:50 PM
It comes in a small can and is only about $5.00 US, so you might think about getting more than one.

ns_ripper
12-24-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Nohto
It comes in a small can and is only about $5.00 US, so you might think about getting more than one.

damn, shipping it from the us wil cost more than the bottle :D

I will let you know something as soon as possible.

I will gather some people on born2oc to buy with me :)

Nohto
12-24-2002, 04:05 PM
If you want I can get the info on the manufacturer and send it to you. I mean post it. Same thing, you know what I mean.

ns_ripper
12-24-2002, 04:30 PM
If you want I can get the info on the manufacturer and send it to you. I mean post it. Same thing, you know what I mean.

that would be nice. :)

thnx in advance :toast:

Nohto
12-24-2002, 04:39 PM
It's made by Star brite. They are in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl 33314 USA
Here is a link to a place that sells it via shipping Ship Store .com (http://mirror.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/STA/STA84154.html)

Nohto
12-24-2002, 04:41 PM
It looks like they have it in 32oz packaging. I buy it at Home Depot in the 4oz can. It comes with a llittle brush attached to the lid. Different colors red, green, yellow, black.

ns_ripper
12-24-2002, 04:59 PM
It looks like they have it in 32oz packaging. I buy it at Home Depot in the 4oz can. It comes with a llittle brush attached to the lid. Different colors red, green, yellow, black.

thank you verry much. If we order. I would like to do it from you it that's ok with you. you can write gift on it. so we don't have to pay import taxes :D

Nohto
12-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Sure no problem. I can check to see if they will drop ship it to save you guys some money. I have a wholesale electrical license so I should be able to get it wholesale if they sell to wholesalers. Either way, just shoot me a email or a PM and we will work out the details.

ns_ripper
12-25-2002, 02:55 AM
I already got a few people who are interested and even someone with visa. I will let you know when we will order it. probably next week.

Nohto
12-25-2002, 03:04 AM
Ok, do you know if you are going to want the 32oz size or if everyone is going to want their own 4oz cans. Obviously the 32oz would be cheaper. I'll contact the company when you let me know and check on shipping/availability. Also is they can drop-ship or if I will have to have it sent to me and then ship it to you.
Nate
P.S. I also use a product called Conformal Coating. It comes in a spray can and it works really well if you want to cover a entire video card or a Motherboard. Basically it is like spraying it with clear laquer, but it is made especially for PCB's. I found a company that sells that to me at a cheaper price than any of the Overclocking stores. Just thought I'd throw that in if I have to have it shipped to me than I can include that also.

ns_ripper
12-25-2002, 06:37 AM
Ok, do you know if you are going to want the 32oz size or if everyone is going to want their own 4oz cans. Obviously the 32oz would be cheaper. I'll contact the company when you let me know and check on shipping/availability. Also is they can drop-ship or if I will have to have it sent to me and then ship it to you.
Nate
P.S. I also use a product called Conformal Coating. It comes in a spray can and it works really well if you want to cover a entire video card or a Motherboard. Basically it is like spraying it with clear laquer, but it is made especially for PCB's. I found a company that sells that to me at a cheaper price than any of the Overclocking stores. Just thought I'd throw that in if I have to have it shipped to me than I can include that also.

héhé, I have conformal coating myself. that's pretty good avaible here. But thanx anyway :)

We are with 5 people who are already interested.

Well, let's keep it with the 4oz cans :)

this one (red)

Order #: STA 84105

Shipping Weight: 0.46 lbs

But can you tell us what that would cost ?

Nohto
12-25-2002, 06:44 AM
Here is a link to the Liquid Electrical Tape at Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/prodmeta/pg_prodmeta.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=Products_1%2fElectrical_4024%2fFasteners-Insulating+Devices_4049%2fType+-+Electrical+Tape-Adhesives&BV_SessionID=@@@@1872328962.1040827203@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccedadchdkfhggkcgelceffdfgidgmn.0&MID=36&ProductOID=40193) That will give you an idea.

Nohto
12-25-2002, 06:51 AM
I have an Idea that you might want to try first. Do a search in the electrical tapes and adhesives or Electrical Tape-Adhesives and see what you come up with. I don't know how to do a search in different country's. You never know you might get lucky.

ns_ripper
12-25-2002, 06:53 AM
aha

so about $5.75 each x 5 = $28.75

and a total weight of +/- 2.5lbs

any idea how much it wil cost to ship it to Belgium?

Nohto
12-25-2002, 06:56 AM
Your guess is probably better than mine. Check to make sure I don't have to have special packaging or anything since it is technically a chemical. I don't know what your shipping procedures/guidelines are. I will use a Mail boxes Etc. or similar service to send it by what UPS, FED EX? Which ever one is cheaper and delivers to Belgium.

ns_ripper
12-25-2002, 07:08 AM
Your guess is probably better than mine. Check to make sure I don't have to have special packaging or anything since it is technically a chemical. I don't know what your shipping procedures/guidelines are. I will use a Mail boxes Etc. or similar service to send it by what UPS, FED EX? Which ever one is cheaper and delivers to Belgium.

Fed ex ships to Belgium but I haven't got a clue of their prices. But I don't know the exact weight either. you know I'm used to the metric system. Kg, ... and not to lbs .

so it's maybe easier for you to inform about that because you know the weight, ... :D

Nohto
12-25-2002, 07:24 AM
Here is a mock-up of the order from the above link. They ship to Belgium.

ns_ripper
12-25-2002, 07:54 AM
hmz $30 shipping costs. danm expensive ;)

Nohto
12-25-2002, 07:58 AM
I know that is more than the stuff costs. What a pisser. Did you try that search I recommended? Another company also makes a similar product that I have used. One of them is a parts dip and spray for rubber coating tools. Another that I have used is spray vinyl. It comes in a spray can just like paint.

ns_ripper
12-25-2002, 08:26 AM
I know that is more than the stuff costs. What a pisser. Did you try that search I recommended? Another company also makes a similar product that I have used. One of them is a parts dip and spray for rubber coating tools. Another that I have used is spray vinyl. It comes in a spray can just like paint.

hmm, I know I got conformal coating here. But the fact is that the liquid tape can be removed without leaving residu.

Nohto
12-25-2002, 08:31 AM
Actually so can the Conformal coat. The manufacturer sells a dip solution for removing. I personally use carb or brake cleaner and a tooth brush. It takes it off and doesn't damage the board as long as you don't get scrub happy. The liquid tape does have it's advantages. If I were you I would just order the large 32OZ. container and divy it up between you and your friends that are close enough to come pick it up, but that's my opinion.

ns_ripper
12-25-2002, 09:01 AM
hmm, I think I will stick to conformal coating or search a nearby solution. maybe 3M is also selling liquid tape.

Nohto
12-25-2002, 09:04 AM
I checked the 3m products and they have a couple, but they are 2 part (like epoxy) solutions. They might have more. Good luck. Check into vinyl repair solutions and vinyl sprays etc.

muzz
12-25-2002, 09:12 AM
I think you may be able to find this stuff or something like it in a marine store..... thats where I found it around here.
They use this stuff in marine environments, and if there is any water nearby, they may stock something like this......
Just a thought.

Good Luck.

muzz

muzz
12-27-2002, 03:11 PM
Anyone look in a marine store/have any luck there?