PDA

View Full Version : Want a Pentium D or EE - But I want it at 4ish GHz

Puni Puni Poemy
07-17-2005, 01:40 PM
I havent been on the Intel Side for a while. But I want to go back. I prefer them to the competition (Just my personal Prefrance) However I knnow that they are lacking Until they reach Higher Speeds and Higher FSB's.

I would like to reach 4Ghz Per Core on a Pentium D or EE. But am unsure what cooling I will need. I am getting alot of mixed signals and responses so I would like to clear it up here.

Some people tell me that On good Air cooling, it can be done. Some say their is no way in hell. Some tell me I need water when others tell me that It may be recommended, but not needed.

So I would like to know for good here.

I Want an ASUS P5WD2 Premium Motherboard - Intel 955X
And For Air I was going to either Use a Thermalright XP-120 Or a Swiftec MCX775-V with a Good (Medium CFM and Noise) 120mm Fan

Your Thoughts

DZVlad
07-17-2005, 01:45 PM
You would be able to get 4GHz on XP-120 on a single-core, but no more than 4ghz :) Only if you are VERY lucky

For dual cores an EEs I'd recommend getting some good water or something more serious :) I'm pretty sure a good water cooling system will cope with the heat of a 4ghz P4!

Charles Wirth
07-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Get a watercooling kit and rest assured.

Puni Puni Poemy
07-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Best Recommend Water cooling kit for a Water noob? I would like something that comes with everything I need. Maybe a Custom kit I can peice together depending on budget... does it exist? (comes with literly everything I need)

Charles Wirth
07-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Yea there are a few kits ready to rock.

Zalman makes a good kit and it is kinda pricey.

There are a lot of water kits but you would need to do some research with reviews. I am not up to speed on the latest kits.

www.dangerden.com is a good place to order parts if you want to assemble a custom kit and this will probably yield the best results.

MeltedDuron
07-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi, as he says he is a complete water n00b, i'd suggest taking a look at asetek's waterchill kits, they're easy, and modular so you can customise them to your budget. That's definitely what i'd go for if i was him.