PDA

View Full Version : ps2 modchip install help, alternet point needed.

kryptobs2000
07-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey, I've got everything fine except one point I have pretty much melted the solder point so I cannot solder it there. In diagram D, on the X point. I need an alternative, it looks like the trace leads directly to that dot to the left and also to that, what I think is a resistor, directly beneath it. Would either of these work fine? Thanks.

Entity_Razer
07-18-2005, 01:43 AM
Sorry, Modchips are not allowed on XS because they are illegal. I don't think you'll get any help from here except a lock of this thread by and admin and a warning also.

IYP
07-18-2005, 07:04 AM
yeah modchips = bad and not xtreme....jus sort of n00bish

enzoR
07-18-2005, 07:41 AM
post pics or the solderpad, trace and area + to where you think the trace leads too. I'll help, i think it would be rediculous if this thread gets locked, hes only asking for help on soldering. (in this case concerning a mod chip) but whatever.

Malves
07-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Why are modchips illegal?

twiggy
07-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Why are modchips illegal?

Cause you can pirate games.....but there are other means to do so without using mod chips.;)

kryptobs2000
07-18-2005, 01:18 PM
oops, I thought I had posted the pic, sorry for that. Modchips are not illegal at all. I don't know where you heard that, just because they are a means of pirating games does not mean thats their sole purpose or anything of the like. Do you condone the use of cd-r's? They are sold freely at any local walmart or similar store, and I'm sure 99% of the people who buy them use them to pirate music, but anyways, I think we should drop the subject. If a mod or an admin feels this is innapropriate then feel free to remove the thread or whatever you feel the need to do. I did not think this was in any way not allowed.

Back to the topic, and thanks to those of you who are trying to help. Here is the pic

http://www.modchip.com/installpics/dms4/d_dms4_v12_scex.jpg

I see a trace going to the circlular point to the left, and also to the (resistor?) beneath it. Would either of these work as an alternate? Thanks again :)

persivore
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
You can use the 2 points you mentioned as alternative solder points (I would suggest using the resistor because it will probably be easier). Make sure that the origional solder point (marked x on your picture) is still connected properly :)

enzoR
07-21-2005, 02:21 AM
yup