PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my powerbook

BrokenWall
07-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah i cant afford this laptop as a $2200 netsurfer (all i have time to use it for).

15.4" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz w/ 1GB DDR, Combo Drive, 80GB 5400rpm
3year Apple Care & 3year CompUSA Screen Protection
Notebook Case, AC Adapter & all the original boxes and manuals

barely ever used, maybe a max of 24hours of time put on the laptop

should i sell it or not?

DeltZ
07-13-2005, 08:45 AM
not really much point of having something expensive if you're not going to use it...if you can get a good price to what you bought it for...you could sell it and get something that you really want..

geoff2k
07-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Powerbooks tend to keep their value pretty well, but as with all things, the quicker you make up your mind to sell it, the better deal you'll get for it. Unless there's a compelling reason to keep it (e.g. significant other that is an Apple fanatic), craigslist it ASAP...

IYP
07-13-2005, 11:58 AM
yeah i was thinking the same thing....all the apps i use are windows based....the best i use my new 17inch powerbook for is web surfing and a bit of UT....othere then that id really rather have a high end voodoo or better yet build my own laptop (found some barebone configs out there...lol i need to find a 939 :p:) this thing is worth near 4000 and right now thats going to waste :(

Platform
07-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Well if you don't use it......sell it if you need the money.

But if you are trying to make others intrested

OS = ??
Other Apps ??
Rev C or D ??

IYP
07-14-2005, 03:34 PM
OS=X
Other apps+ everything under gods sun

Reflex1
07-15-2005, 11:17 AM
you've only used it <24 hours? that sounds a bit unbelievable ...why did you buy it in the first place then? yes sell it.

Judaeus Apella
07-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Can't you just take it back and say you weren't satisfied? You don't need to explain it to them, just tell them you weren't impressed with it and you don't think it was worth the money you spent, and you want to take it back. It doesn't have to be the truth, as long as your getting your money back. :D You did get the 1yr or longer warranty at CompUSA right?

Tilmitt
07-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Sad to see you not taking to it....i love mine. But I guess they're not for everyone.

BrokenWall
07-17-2005, 11:42 AM
i love it yes, but between school and work, not enough time to do what i wanted to do with it, it has 3 year applecare and 3 year compusa screen protection, not to mention i work at compusa, they wont take it back, had it for a few months now.

Judaeus Apella
07-17-2005, 06:11 PM
WTF you mean they won't take it back! Thats bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:! You outta be yelling at them and making a scene. I would. lol

BrokenWall
07-21-2005, 07:38 PM
ok buddy listen, a retail store that states! 21 day return policy, means they give ya 21 days to return it, they might let ya get away with 22-25 days if the manager is ok with it, but you try to bring something into my store that is 2 months old and lets see if they let ya bring it back, they wont, plus there aint a thing you can do to make them take it back, its a corporate policy, and if you tried to take them to court over something like that, the court would stand against the stated policy, its on all the counters, receipt.

IYP
07-21-2005, 08:12 PM
ok buddy listen, a retail store that states! 21 day return policy, means they give ya 21 days to return it, they might let ya get away with 22-25 days if the manager is ok with it, but you try to bring something into my store that is 2 months old and lets see if they let ya bring it back, they wont, plus there aint a thing you can do to make them take it back, its a corporate policy, and if you tried to take them to court over something like that, the court would stand against the stated policy, its on all the counters, receipt.

yep....sucks....still deciding what to do with mine....may be selling it for a bit below value (~3500) and picking up one of these new notebooks that are coming out with the X2s and Fxes (with a little more monew of course :p: )

BrokenWall
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
i hate people that think just because they raise cain they get what they want, i work in retail, if you try to bring something back to me or try to pull something off on me, i will know and get your ass for it, people think if they :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: enough that they can return something thats a few months old, sorry this aint wal-mart!

0range
07-21-2005, 09:56 PM
i wish i could afford an apple.....i sorta want one REAL bad....

BrokenWall
07-22-2005, 07:04 AM
2100 for mine!

jkabaseball
07-22-2005, 07:04 PM
I would love to buy that. If I stumble across 2100, I'll buy it

antipop
07-23-2005, 02:46 PM
IF you don't need the money, you'd better keep it. You're saying that you're in school you'll have the use of a laptop in school (maybe later) plus the PB tends to have a quite long live (more than 3 years if you're not a speed freak). Each new Os tends to be faster than the previous even on old mac's.
The PB is a very good machine but for you're need maybe you should have bought an ibook (new ones are coming soon). I have mine for more than a couple of months and i just love it, at work i'm using a dell and man that's a pos!