PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a whole system test?

Peen
07-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I think we should have a full system test for the grand prix, one that isnt totally dependant on 3D power. Maybe PCmark04-05

boshuter
07-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I think we should have a full system test for the grand prix, one that isnt totally dependant on 3D power. Maybe PCmark04-05

How do you know we don't have one? Or did I miss a list of the benches? I completely agree, but you have to realize that most of the entrants are AMD users and are not going to want to bench there systems doing anything but gaming.

Peen
07-13-2005, 09:03 AM
boshuter I completely agree, but you have to realize that most of the entrants are AMD users and are not going to want to bench there systems doing anything but gaming.
Ya I see that from the lack of posts :(

Wiggy McShades
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM

pc mark is inel biased that would not be fair at all.

Peen
07-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Doesnt have to be PCMARK, but something not gaming. I dont game that much, actually kinda pointless for me to trying to get a working 6800 GT when this crappy Xabre doing fine for me :p: I noticed some ppl actually used PC's for other things rather then games though :D

TMM
07-18-2005, 03:55 AM
Anything but PCmark or superpi (because the intel guys will just stomp everyone with p4s or P-Ms :s)

Crystalmark?

DZVlad
07-18-2005, 04:15 AM
Being "intel-biased" or "amd-friendly" is the same with gfx cards and stuff, so I think the tests should include both Intel and AMD biased benchmarks!

In that case you will just have to think of a good formula that will even Intel and AMD user's chances... maybe even use different formulas for AMD and Intel users. Let's say get two systems from AMD and Intel that have everything other than the cpus and mobos the same and try to make them score the same system score by adjusting the affect of differnet benches.

boshuter
07-18-2005, 04:18 AM
pc mark is inel biased that would not be fair at all.

That is the most ridiculous argument I've heard... and I hear it over and over
:rolleyes:

Have you considered that maybe the Intel systems are just better at it? The AMD's are better at the 3D/gaming tests, is it fair to include them? Some people use thier pc's for more than playing games... just because your system sucks at a particular benchmark doesn't mean the benchmark is biased, it just means your system sucks at doing what the benchmark is testing.

DZVlad
07-18-2005, 04:22 AM
we have an Intel freak here!!! :slapass: :slapass:

:D

Yeah it is right to say that Intel CPUs are better in executing some kind of commands and AMDs are better for the other kind, but if a benchmark uses code that is better for some particular CPU IT IS BIASED to the CPU's manufacturer side!

Whether you like it or not, if Futuremark wanted to right platform- and core-architecture- neutral code, it would! But, damn, they do need the money and Intel has more :)) no offense to Intel :)

Vapor
07-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Intel is better at it because of the multithreaded tests. Make both dual cores and AMD's a winner.

saaya
07-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Being "intel-biased" or "amd-friendly" is the same with gfx cards and stuff, so I think the tests should include both Intel and AMD biased benchmarks!

In that case you will just have to think of a good formula that will even Intel and AMD user's chances... maybe even use different formulas for AMD and Intel users. Let's say get two systems from AMD and Intel that have everything other than the cpus and mobos the same and try to make them score the same system score by adjusting the affect of differnet benches.

almost impossible to make a "fair" formula for the benches for amd and intel rigs imo... its not a good idea i think, i dont really like the pcmark series tbh, what about a memory bench? sciencemark? or maybe a math bench like primordia? i know the guys from sciencemark and maybe they could make a validate system with a checksum for us :)

should i ask them?

and please no bias and amd vs intel discussion anymore :D