PDA

View Full Version : A question on Dry Ice

PoL
07-12-2005, 08:55 AM
I haven't really found it, so sorry for if it's somewhere.
I'm gonna begin with DI within a couple of weeks, but don't really know what to do.

First of all, I have to set the container and everything up, OK.

Then, I have to fill the container with acetone, right? How much?

And then, to put in de DI up to the top, right?

And how much time do I have to wait until I can power up the system?

THANKS!

harleybro
07-12-2005, 09:09 AM
I would go with enough acetone to coat the bottom of the container a small layer. From there you can fill it with di to the top. Depending on the container the time to start will vary. Normally within a few minutes should be fine. :)

twilius_basic
07-12-2005, 09:12 AM
After you get everything insulated and get the container mounted up, start to fill up the tube with DI..... after you are about 1/2 way, pour in some Acetone. You don't need much. I use about 2 small shotglass's worth, I see a lot of ppl here use less than that.
After you pour in the Acetone, finish filling up the container. If you have a temp probe you can just boot up when you reach your desired temps. If not, then wait 5-10mins before powering on. There is no set time, it depends on your container and how much Acetone and what sort of DI (pellets, chunks, etc.). Some ppl can get low temps in a whole lot less time than I mentioned... I was just being conservative.

Hope that helps :)

eshbach
07-12-2005, 09:17 AM
i use a very small amount of acetone... as little as possible basically, maybe 2 oz.

then wait about 45 seconds and check temps in bios. if it's too warm let it sit, if not :banana:

PoL
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys. So then like 1~2 shotglass's of acetone, right? :)
Ok, I'll post some pics when I do it. :D